March 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,958 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Thanks @Scott6255 . Glad you had such a fantastic run today! A 2 hour HM is quick! (In my book anyway.)

@katharmonic Congratulations! You are faster injured than I ever have hopes to be. LOL You did great to hang in there and break through all of those mental barriers you encountered along the way. So glad your back didn't bother you. Love the bling. Also love those encouragers along the way.

Thanks @ContraryMaryMary !

Nice running @RunsOnEspresso ! You're going to do great on your Yeti. (This may be a stupid question, but I looked up Yeti races and there seem to be several. Which are you doing?)
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    Way to hang tough @katharmonic, that took a lot of mental (and physical) strength and grit!

@pfeiferlindsey congrats on your real person race! Sounds like it was very well organized. Glad you surprised yourself and had a good day!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Iwoo hoo @Scott6255 that's awesome!

@katharmonic congratulations and well done for doing that last loop, sounds like a lot of fun.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @pfeiferlindsey Glad you had such a good race.

@Teresa502 Cold mornings this time of year feel colder, but at least they don't last all day. :smile: Great run and Happy Birthday!

You are doing GREAT @Avidkeo !

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,972 Member
    Options
    March Goal: 100 Miles

3/1: 1.32 miles
    3/2: 5.32 miles
    3/3: 5.32 miles
    3/4: 5.52 miles
    3/5: 1.40 miles
    3/6: 1.20 miles
    3/7: 10.02 miles
    3/8: 1.43 miles
    3/9: 6.02 miles
    3/10: 6.09 miles
    3/11: 5.41 miles
    3/12: 1.51 miles
    3/13: 1.42 miles
    3/14: 10.02 miles
    3/15: 1.58 miles
    3/16: 5.31 miles
    3/17: 5.25 miles
    3/18: 5.21 miles
    3/19: 2.02 miles
    3/20: 2.02 miles

83.38/100  miles completed for March

I slept in this morning and then helped my husband plant a new rosebush before heading out for my run. It was a beautiful spring day.  I probably waited a bit too long before running as it was 60°F when I went. But since it was just going to be a short run for the streak it wasn't too bad.  I ran 2 miles at a speedy (for me) average pace of 9:13. I also had negative splits again today.  It should be nice for my long run tomorrow.  I'm hoping it won't be too windy.

@scott6255 Congrats on the 2 hour HM!

@katharmonic Way to tough it out and finish your HM!

@pfeiferlindsey Congrats on your 5K. It's always nice to do better than expected.

@missatomicbomb238 Congrats to you too on a great HM! It's nice to start seeing more in person races.

@quilteryoyo Those puppies are so cute. And that tree does look like Nessie. No wonder Tippy was confused.

exercise.png

2021 Races:
    4/24/21: Run For The Children 10K
    11/6/21: Run For 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Hope all of you racing today good luck!
    @quilteryoyo you impress me every day!

The last thing I thought I would do today was run a sub 2 hour HM. So I was shocked when I hit the stop button that I was only 28 seconds over. Felt pretty good most of the way. Started getting a little hard about mile 10, but didn't have to do any walking today. Feet felt good the whole time, except for about mile 7, but it was mild, and only lasted a few minutes. So pretty successful day. Now to go replace the power steering pump on the truck 😐

exercise.png

Great job!!! You're coming back strong!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    It's Sunday and Hal scheduled a weird workout. I started with 4x 100m at prace pace, with 100m rest in between. Then a 10k run at 10k race pace, for a total of around 13.5k.

It was great, the second 100m was going up a reasonable hill. But then it was flat for a few km and I settled into a nice easy 5:35min/k pace. It was wonderful. At around 8k I hit another hill that went for about 0.5k, and I managed to keep my pace to around 6:15. It was HARD! I was so relieved to get to the top of that one. I ended with a 1km walk to cool down.

My overall pace was 6:10 min/k but the 10k portion was 5:48min/k. My pace has definitely improved over the last couple of weeks, or perhaps my confidence to go with those paces?? I feel confident atm in keeping that pace over 21k, especially on a flat course.

3 weeks today!

It's amazing how much faster a new watch helps you go!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @MsAtomicBomb2015 Great HM time! Congratulations.

@Teresa502 I'm impressed that you ran bleachers for 2 miles! Stairs get me out of breath, even at my fittest.

Thanks @Tramboman ! Your posts almost always make me laugh.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 - Awesome time on your run Saturday. Congrats!

@katharmonic - Congrats on pushing through successfully without hurting your back! Nice swag. :sunglasses:

@pfeiferlindsey - Congrats on getting that first event of the year!

@Avidkeo - Sounds like a nice (in a tough way) workout from Hal!

@quilteryoyo - That puppy might be a necessary addition to help back your other pup against those paranormal water creatures! :grimace:

@MissAtomicBomb238 - Fantastic HM time! I know for you it can be better, but I can always dream of being that fast. My PR is 2:19 from 5 years ago. Anywho, so glad you were able to do an in person event!

@Teresa502 - That is indeed excellent, and tough training! Hope your Grand Canyon event is spectacular!

No run from me this weekend. Looking forward to next week!