April 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    So Yeti was my big event for 2021. I've got a couple short trail races this spring and probably in the fall too. Plus a couple of virtual runs (Pat's Run series for Pat Tillman).

What do I do now?

I'm reading Fast 5k, do I want to focus on speed (when my shoulder heals so I can pump my arms lol)? Or do I think about a real ultra in January 2022 and focus this year getting ready?

I don't want to do as many virtual races as I did last year. I don't mind a few but I went a bit nuts, especially towards the end of the year.

I'm debating virtual Boston now. Send help lol 😆

I forbid any Boston training. We can't lose you too.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    So Yeti was my big event for 2021. I've got a couple short trail races this spring and probably in the fall too. Plus a couple of virtual runs (Pat's Run series for Pat Tillman).

What do I do now?

I'm reading Fast 5k, do I want to focus on speed (when my shoulder heals so I can pump my arms lol)? Or do I think about a real ultra in January 2022 and focus this year getting ready?

I don't want to do as many virtual races as I did last year. I don't mind a few but I went a bit nuts, especially towards the end of the year.

I'm debating virtual Boston now. Send help lol 😆

I forbid any Boston training. We can't lose you too.

It's virtual. Totally ok.

Oh well on that case, enjoy!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Welcome @SavageMrsMoose ! I'm 5'6" and was up to 180 pounds. It took me 2 -3 years, but I am currently at 140 and have been around there for a year now. You can do it! Especially with all of that running you are doing.

@Avidkeo Carb loading is good. You are going to do great on your HM!

@sweetdaisy13 Nice run. I have to stick with the same shoes, or my knees kill me.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    4/1 - 1.87 mile 30 min easy effort
    4/2 - 1.84 mile 30 min effort

April total/goal: 3.71/50

My HRM decided to read high in the 150's for the first half mile before starting to work right. I recall that annoying feature from time to time in the past. Even more annoying when that is over 25% of your total run. Oh well. This one could very well be too old at this point anyway, I may need a new one.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Nice run @kgirlhart and @shanaber !

@WhatMeRunning Which HRM do you have? I wonder about the accuracy of my Garmin sometimes, but I just go with it. LOL

I was cold here this morning too, @Tramboman , but we didn't get any of the forecasted snow, that I saw. Good for you for getting out for a run. Poor robins. Hopefully they will be happy soon.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @katharmonic Glad you were able to run today and that your friend didn't mind a shorter distance.