April 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    Thanks @shanaber ! I hope you are feeling better today.

Great Easter run @kgirlhart ! Glad you enjoyed your visit with your son and his girlfriend. Hope you are feeling better today too.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    I’m so scared to take a running break – afraid that I won’t start back if I stop.

Thanks @Teresa502. I was and still am scared about that too. It was so easy to just take another day, and then another and another. And then I decided March was a wash anyway so I shouldn't push it just to log miles. Fortunately I have friends who won't let me quit and my sanity sort of depends on it :)
    /

I was worried about that too. But, I usually take a run break when I'm on vacation since our vacations tend to be pretty active, and I have yet to have a problem returning to running. Usually after 1-2 weeks off, I actually miss running and look forward to getting back to it.
  • martaindale
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Yep, got out while everyone was sleeping. Was a very pleasant 50F and light wind. Many hills on this Terry Hershey path, but it is very nice not to have to worry at all about crossing roads and traffic. I guess I just can't help myself to not run a HM while I am in Houston. My body just knows to do that when I come here 😉 Got it done in less than 2 hours.
    Oh, and everyone was still sleeping when I got back!

exercise.png

So it's like you didn't even run! 😉😉😉

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it...
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    @martaindale that is great that your family all raced together! Sounds like a tough course with all that sand, but you all did great! Nice to hear your daughter is really excited about running.
  • martaindale
    Options
    Welcome @penguinmama87 ! C25k is a great program. Lots of us also got started using it.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    That sands sounds brutal @martaindale. I'm so glad that your daughter enjoyed it and I love that she wanted to pass the person in front of her. Congratulations!

Welcome @penguinmama87!