Women 200lb+, Let's Amaze Ourselves This April!!!

Replies

• Brooke2305
    Brooke2305 Posts: 11 Member
    Arralethe wrote: »
    @Brooke2305
    Brooke2305 wrote: »

This is actually my first time trying limited deficit cycles (but not my first attempt at losing the weight). And this is the first deficit period I've been in. The idea is more for psychological support - I started at 250.6lbs and have to lose 125lbs, so I have a long road ahead. However, if I allow myself to dwell on that and the idea that I'll be in deficit consistently for 2 to 3 years, it's just too much to handle. Plus, my body is likely to start fighting me at some point!

In the past, I do pretty well up to the 6 to 8 month point, then it all goes out of the window because I get diet fatigue. My plan this time round is to take it in 12 week blocks, maximise what I can for those 12 weeks, then take my foot off the gas a little and regroup for the next cycle. But in the 2 week diet breaks, I'll still be logging my food, finding out where my maintenance level is and working out.

My last deficit weigh in is tomorrow, but as of last week I'd lost 18lbs in 12 weeks, so a little over 7% of my total body weight. I'm aiming to lose between 5 and 10% of my weight each cycle.

Thank you for the reply!
    I will try this if I start plateauing or if I get mentally tired. Thank you!!! Good luck!
  • christymarten
    christymarten Posts: 25 Member
    Hello again, I would welcome anyone who wants a fitness pal!
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    @goal06082021 its interesting but the reactions to the COVID vaccine are very age based and very different for each person. I work in Biotech and have developed a couple of COVID testing kits this past year. From what I understand our reactions to the vaccine are due to how our immune system reacts to an infection.

My husband and I just had sore arms (24-36hrs long) for our first shots. I just got my second on Monday which gave me a headache and made me tired.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    @trinati2001 that's really interesting, thank you. Also, welcome to the group and nice loss, let's keep it rolling!

My darling husband (/s, but in like, a loving way) was craving carbs today so he grabbed some fried-chicken mac-and-cheese from a local place, and graciously saved half of it for me. Thanks babe, that's still like 800 calories, I guess I have snacks for the next couple of days LMAO. He's probably already forgotten about it. I swear leftovers are just invisible to him, sometimes it's a wonder he sees the lunches I prep for him for the week.
  • hap2go
    hap2go Posts: 105 Member
    @goal06082021 its interesting but the reactions to the COVID vaccine are very age based and very different for each person. I work in Biotech and have developed a couple of COVID testing kits this past year. From what I understand our reactions to the vaccine are due to how our immune system reacts to an infection.

My husband and I just had sore arms (24-36hrs long) for our first shots. I just got my second on Monday which gave me a headache and made me tired.

This fascinates me. I had the Pfizer vaccine and both times, it was as simple as a sore (frog punched) arm which lasted at least a couple of days. No other reaction. Does that mean my immune system is good or bad I wonder? lol I regularly get colds and have a number of allergies (dogs, cats, horse, dust, grass, feathers) but other than that, I'm fairly healthy so... shrug....
  • merope2
    merope2 Posts: 60 Member
    Height: 5'5"
    SW: 251.4 (March 25, 2021)
    April SW: 248.2
    GW for April: 242
    Overall GW: 150

April weigh-ins (Fridays):
    Apr 2: 248.2 (I knew I would drop quite a bit as I've just returned to weighing and logging)
    Apr 9: 246
    Apr 16:
    Apr 23:
    Apr 30:

April Goals:
    - to log every day even if I am over
    - to exercise at least 3 times per week
    - to eat a fruit and/or vegetable at every meal

I had a good week on the scale, and met all the goals. I was tempted to give up on logging more than once as I have had one ongoing frustration this week. However, I kept going, so I am going to take this opportunity to be pleased about that. I don't expect this rate of loss to continue though! I have a couple of busy weekends coming up as well, with virtual conferences this weekend and next weekend, so I will need to adjust my grocery shopping and meal planning to reflect that. I suppose that it has an advantage over a real conference in that I won't be eating out all day!
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    hap2go wrote: »

This fascinates me. I had the Pfizer vaccine and both times, it was as simple as a sore (frog punched) arm which lasted at least a couple of days. No other reaction. Does that mean my immune system is good or bad I wonder? lol I regularly get colds and have a number of allergies (dogs, cats, horse, dust, grass, feathers) but other than that, I'm fairly healthy so... shrug....[/quote]

The side effects aren’t necessarily about how good or bad your immune system is. It’s just what are the physical manifestations that your body has when your immune system is working hard.

It boggles my mind how we can all be so similar and yet so different.