WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    Allie - Sooooo happy for you! <3:D

Barbie - Glad Jake is pleased with his new toy. :D Should keep him busy for a while. I'm on Android and find any kind of system switch hugely anxiety making, but after yesterday's patience testing session with DH I believe I am a technical wizard!
    Will the two systems cause problems syncing with computer and phone?
    My life got much better when I installed Chrome on my laptop. I have it on phone, tablet and laptop now.

Tracey - I might back up my photos and videos onto his stick. Or buy one. I have them all on Dropbox, and a lot on various sticks over the years, but it doesn't hurt to have another place. I would really hate to lose the videos of the kids. I also have a lot of them on a WiFi stick.
    DH won't use the cloud and I don't think he has a Google account, because he's always complaining about having to give his details when he tries to install an app. So he doesn't install it. I don't have to do that . I don't use my Gmail, apart from getting notifications from them.
    I'm a bit obsessive about backing up. I do my Word documents on Dropbox and then save to the device I'm working on.

It will be nice to (hopefully) have a printer that doesn't involve 20 minutes of DH swearing at it, every time we want to print out a page of song lyrics! :D

Lovely day again. Might run after lunch. I slept well last night.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Sorry, couldn't resist this one.
    a3mcjdepx1tn.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

Love this made me chuckle 😀😀

I will be looking at those USB sticks too.

Kate UK ❤️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    Allie - Sooooo happy for you! <3:D

Barbie - Glad Jake is pleased with his new toy. :D Should keep him busy for a while. I'm on Android and find any kind of system switch hugely anxiety making, but after yesterday's patience testing session with DH I believe I am a technical wizard!
    Will the two systems cause problems syncing with computer and phone?
    My life got much better when I installed Chrome on my laptop. I have it on phone, tablet and laptop now.

Tracey - I might back up my photos and videos onto his stick. Or buy one. I have them all on Dropbox, and a lot on various sticks over the years, but it doesn't hurt to have another place. I would really hate to lose the videos of the kids. I also have a lot of them on a WiFi stick.
    DH won't use the cloud and I don't think he has a Google account, because he's always complaining about having to give his details when he tries to install an app. So he doesn't install it. I don't have to do that . I don't use my Gmail, apart from getting notifications from them.
    I'm a bit obsessive about backing up. I do my Word documents on Dropbox and then save to the device I'm working on.

It will be nice to (hopefully) have a printer that doesn't involve 20 minutes of DH swearing at it, every time we want to print out a page of song lyrics! :D

Lovely day again. Might run after lunch. I slept well last night.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

If you've got an Android phone and PC laptop you can plug the phone into the laptop with a cable. Then you can download your photos onto the laptop.

If you want to back them up you can use a USB stick (they are quite large now) in your laptop or an external hard drive.

I don't leave photos on my phone without doing the above steps. It's too easy to lose a phone.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited April 2021
    Allie, so glad the operation went well.
    Heather, it seems like there are connectors from anything to anything these days. The photo made me laugh!

Start rituals done today:
    walk 15+ min outside,
    meditate,
    20+ min on recumbent
    4x 15 min cleaning...
    -scrubbing door frames and the like, bits of floor
    -sofa cover in and out of laundry, hanging to dry
    -organizing bathroom a bit
    -once over and sweep most everywhere
    sketch
    Also sat in tiny park in sun for a few minutes for meditation and walked around 1x and smelled the lilacs and other flowers
    <3

have tracked so far
    :)

To do today
    have to look at and deal with M's mail from Sunday (stressful subject and my computer's in the shop which doesn't help)
    prep 4pm meeting
    4pm meeting
    6pm appointment
    Writing and note taking.

dealing with M's mail makes me stressed.
    M is helpful but the subject is stressful and with a firm deadline.

i also have to call my lawyer... somewhat similar though less deadline, but he's hard to reach. it often takes a few calls.

:#
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,603 Member
    Allie-Sleep Apnea tends to make AFIB worse. Steve has AFIB and has used a CPAP for about 4 years. His nose piece is an air cushion. Not hateful for him or me. It is nice for me to be able to sleep as he snored horribly. Now he too sleeps through any snoring that I might do ;) FOLLOW DOCTORS ORDERS!!
    <3
    Kylia working in Ohio again (though 2 hours later than should have started)
  • Machka9
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Machka- Loved your garden pics! Such bright colors! Thanks for the info about Android phones and the ease/ability to upload pics and other things into the computer. As of now, I have been either posting pics to facebook on my phone or emailing them to Tim on my phone; then we save them in our computer from those places.
    KJ (Kelly)

That is the long way around. :)

A phone is just like a USB or external hard drive. Plug it into the laptop and it shows up in the list when you open File Explorer. Right now my File Explorer shows my Google Drive, my One Drive, my phone, the two drives in my laptop and one of my many external hard drives.

However, I will add one thing. You've got to log into your phone for it to show up. If you haven't used your password to open your phone, it won't show up. Or if you don't use a password, you've got to activate your phone some way.

Incidentally, the reason I've got an external hard drive hooked up just now is because I'm transferring all my uni stuff to the external hard drive and off my Google Drive, One Drive, laptop and out of all my email accounts. It's everywhere!! And I don't want to look at everywhere I go.

I find it much easier to edit photos and things on my laptop where I can use my keyboard and mouse ... and where I can see what I'm looking at with my questionable eyesight! I've got a 15" screen on my laptop and a second screen that is 21 inches. :)

Machka in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,683 Member
    Kylia- yes my SIL also has one and said i should ask for a pillow mask as it is.not as confining...
    I dont have an appointment until.May 17th but contacted the office to see if I can get in for a consult before then and get this show on the road...
    Didnt sleep at all ,nothing new .. but will chill today.. Dan will bring the car back today and will drop him back to his place which is about 2 miles down the street.
  • Machka9
    Kylia- yes my SIL also has one and said i should ask for a pillow mask as it is.not as confining...
    I dont have an appointment until.May 17th but contacted the office to see if I can get in for a consult before then and get this show on the road...
    Didnt sleep at all ,nothing new .. but will chill today.. Dan will bring the car back today and will drop him back to his place which is about 2 miles down the street.

I'm glad the surgery went well, but are you supposed to be driving?

Take care of yourself!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,683 Member
    Machka- yes it is fine.. im not going far anyway.. its feels sorta like hernia surgery.. because of where they went in.. its sore but bearable.. i did take some tylenol once before going to sleep and once when i woke up early morning..
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :)Heather, I am staying completely out of Jake's computer set up. I told him that if he bought an Apple instead of a PC, I wouldn't be able to help him and he said that was fine with him. His daughter and some of his friends and various Apple help services are available. I'm just delighted that he's not using my computer.

:) My dog walking friend won't be walking with us this morning. Her daughter and son in law from Idaho are here for a visit. That means I'll have more time to listen to my audiobook. The book is over 29 hours long and I am down to the last four hours.

:)Kelly, your projects with your kids remind me of some fun things I did when I taught first grade. It also makes me grateful that I am retired. I taught for just the right amount of time so that I enjoyed every minute of it.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    edited April 2021
    Machka- yes it is fine.. im not going far anyway.. its feels sorta like hernia surgery.. because of where they went in.. its sore but bearable.. i did take some tylenol once before going to sleep and once when i woke up early morning..

But if they've gone into an artery, my understanding is that you're not supposed to move much in the first few days.

I had an angiogram several years ago that went in my arm, and I wasn't to move that arm much for about a week. As I recall, I had to stay home from work for a week, and for at least 5 days I wasn't to leave home or put a jacket on or anything because of the arm movement involved and chance of bleeding.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🖐️🌞😊💛
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Allie: I’m so glad to see that you’re doing well. :heart:

Heather: The tulips are bright, cheerful and lovely. The path through the trees looks inviting. The ladies in the nightclub made me laugh out loud. :laugh:

Barbie: DH and I are also Apple users, as is our son. We have iphones and computers. My laptop is from 2009 and I still use it to visit here. DH has a desktop & ipad. Our daughter uses android products as do several of my longtime friends. Luckily, we can all connect via Zoom. :smiley:

We’ve been in touch with our adult kids and they are doing well. We had hoped that DS and DDIL would visit us this summer, but that isn’t likely to happen. We just learned that she is expecting. We are thrilled for them and excited. Our daughter will be here this summer to attend a family wedding. We’re looking forward to seeing her. I plan to attend the wedding with her. Our favorite niece is getting married. :heart:

Katla in sunny NW Oregon