WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Went for my run. For some reason my back ached more than usual, but I completed it OK. We did stop at the posh bakery to buy our favourite ricotta and spinach pies. Two we will eat for lunch tomorrow and two I have frozen.

Amended my online grocery order. For some reason it didn't like the card I always use and they have on file. I used my new personal card and it went through OK. So, I've transferred the money over.
    I ordered a bottle of champagne, which was on offer, for our meeting anniversary next month. Can't go out to eat. ;)

Did a good session of editing this morning. Good day.
    Just got to wait for the new printer to arrive. They are saying Saturday, but it might come early.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    Machka- i was sleeping and my son walked in ans scared the bejesus out of me,I had him drive home to his place and then i came right back.
    Ok just read the discharge instructions, and not supposed to drive for 24 hrs whoopsie,drink plenty of fluids thats always a given,dont drink alcohol, check ,i dont anyway,take tylenol for pain.. it also says dont operate heavy machinery,use power tools,cooking,climbing or riding a bike..
    So i am just relaxing .and watching tv...have the windows open its going to be in the low 70s today
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    We went to a couple of yard sales today. Our grandson though this was a brilliant invention. fm0hgqp65wg7.jpeg

I think it is a brilliant invention. The cubes actually came out of the tray without having to bang it on the counter or run hot water over the bottom. :smiley:
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Allie, so glad surgery went fine!💕. Hugs friend!!
    Rebecca
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: gas, Post Office, BiMart, Dollar Tree, Library, Freddie’s, Grocery Outlet
    Bonus: foggy chilly beachwalk with T and Shadow.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, find those torture bands, budget meeting notes, board meeting minutes, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), Monday: call Jeanette at Chetco about what codes were used for my annual labs, Wednesday: Grand Jury, county planning office neighbor’s plans, Thursday Shadow and Tumble to Gold Beach shelter for nail trims, Friday: locksmith for mailbox key.
    Active April:
    20: Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move often: Starting with vacuuming, then laundry, then changing linens, then dogs to powerline, then, then…

Shadow is resisting getting into the car. Saturday I practically had to lift/push her in, no treats availed. Monday I had to leash her up and lead her in. I know she’s afraid of the vehicle noises nearby at dog group and on some of the hikes with T. Explained this to T when we met up at the campground parking lot and she suggested that instead we take Shadow to the beach where she could run off leash and romp in the surf. Great idea! Unlike my self-directing terriers, Shadow’s part GSD heritage keeps her checking in, looking to us, running back before ranging out again. She looked so happy it almost brought tears. T encouraged me to explore a little “UP” the path that connects the beach to the Oregon Coast Trail and ends up at Rainbow Rock condos. A little was all I could manage, but her gentle encouragement and patience sure helps me build both confidence and stamina. She never pushes, always stands ready to support and turn back whenever I want to. This is a true friend.

Happy Birthday Terri! Hope it's filled with fun!
    Lisa Cascade hops, YES! My favorite!!! And well-valued by the PNW brewers at least ;)
    Annie, I haven’t tried these mint chip popsicles, but the dark chocolate dipped pops are delish at only 120 C, less than half the calories of a teensy serving of B&J’s NY Super Fudge Chunk (one of my many downfalls.)
    Rebecca like the new profile pic. Your smile says it all. That is one prolific bubble machine ;)
    Heather following your progress with DH closely. Fighting the temptation to sneak into Joe’s man cave and just connect/test the d@mn soundbar, but holding back as he’ll be so proud of himself when he finally figures it out… Which printer did you choose? Price increases and shipping charges would make me mad, except I’d try to see it as a “learning opportunity” for DH. :devil: Not sure you can use the same stick on an Android as an iphone, think the ports are different. You might need to get your own ;) Or just keep using dropbox. The green lane pic really draws me in and your tulips are brilliant. Here are our tulips, will atke a new cistern path pic and post later. “only the vaccinated” ROTFLMAOWMP! 8317coslbiiq.jpg

Debbie and Kim black licorice ice cream sounds about as appealing to me as the garlic ice cream at Gilroy’s Stinking Rose festival.
    Margaret I admire and envy your composting skill. Banana skins would never break down in our mild climate. Do you turn your compost or let nature and the weather take its course?
    Vicki your niece and her other children live 100 miles away from where her 33 week old baby is? Do you live in the town with the hospital? Sorry her father?/uncle? is adding drama not needed at this time.
    Julie could there be something in the MD’s email you need to know now? Like an appointment date/time? Could putting off reading it make you sick with worry? ((hugs))
    Kim I like your bound book idea, but I’d only put the info in one place, then cross reference to save on updating duplicates. e.g. under C for cell phone and P for phone I'd say ’See ATT” ;)
    Michele “…if you value your fingers…” LOL. And now way its already popcorn stringing time… its April, Michele, April! :laugh:
    Allie thankful to hear from you. Sleep sweet and take it easy. Machka makes good points, can you call your Dr or his PA to confirm when you can return to driving? Whoops! ;)
    Tracey thanks for the info about the iphone at one end, usb at the other stick. So far my little 99 cent/month icloud subscription has been more than enough storage for getting photos from iphone to windows laptop. To me its worth the monthly charge for the automatic backup of the iphone ;)
    Pip :love: the pink flamingo. Do you have a plan for cooling off if it gets too hot?
    Machka and Lisa regarding rice I too use brown rice mostly but love sticky Japanese rice so sometimes treat myself. Joe won’t eat brown rice, likes long grain white like Uncle Ben used to cook ;) Ferrero Rochere always look so appealing, until I bite into one and remember I’m not such a fan of hazelnuts… ;)
    KJ I share your leery-ness about the cloud even though I do use it for photos and phone backup. None of our financials are on either phone or any other wireless device. My laptop is hard wire connected to our internet service with wifi turned off and disabled so I feel somewhat comfortable about online banking and purchasing. Just say “NO” to the Apple wallet or any phone based buying, imho. I feel the same way about the smart home devices and Siri, Echo, Hey Google, etc. Big brother IS listening. OMG that water table/wall sounds like just the ticket when the temps and humidity climb!
    Machka congrats on gathering all your uni data and moving it off onto a USB drive. Thirty. I find life totally easier on my laptop with keyboard than any touch screen device. Have I told you lately how badly I suck a touchscreens?
    Katka sad to hear your DS and DDIL won’t be coming this summer but congratulations on their exciting good news!
    Tina glad you never got sliced by that brilliant invention, and never got your fingers frozen to it. I miss my icemaker, but tolerate our plastic-not-solicone trays.

Joe’s on his way back from Medford so if I’m going to finish the “while-he’s’away” chores I’d better get moving.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    April: leaner/stronger/kinder than March.
    daily: sit with Joe: 19, weigh/wii: 19/0/0; steps>5627=11,189 Hooray!, vits=18, log=19, CI<CO=17, CI<250<CO=18, Tumble=21, Shadow=23, mfp=19, outside=25 up hill=25
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=3 dance=1, clean 30 mins=6.33, packwalk=8, wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/4:140.3 :grin: 4/11:140.9 4/18:143.7[sigh] 4/25: 4/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1, 21 plan= bonus: AF=12 play= sew= waist=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Despite all of my whining and my husband's complaining, shot number one is in my arm. I got a little emotional -- there were so many people around, so I didn't actually cry, but it took a lot of effort to keep the tears back.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    We went to a couple of yard sales today. Our grandson though this was a brilliant invention. fm0hgqp65wg7.jpeg

I think it is a brilliant invention. The cubes actually came out of the tray without having to bang it on the counter or run hot water over the bottom. :smiley:

Yes. I miss this contraption.
  • CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    7hxj5p1w2dfu.jpg
    Pip Look what I found at Marshall's at the wall by the cashiers! I thought of you and bought it as we have to bring reusable bags everywhere or gt flimsy paper sacks that break immediately on getting out the door.

Does anyone else remember when businesses switched to plastic in order to save trees?

Allie So glad the surgery went well. Do stay safe.

Heather the flowers were simply lovely. I so enjoyed the green trail. I live near wonderful state parks, some overlooking a bay. There is nothing better than entering a cool wood on a hot summer day.

CJ
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Flea: Congrats on your vaccination! You have protected yourself and your family & friends. 🌹
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    DH found a USB stick that you can plug into your phone. Never heard of that. :D It has good reviews, so he ordered it from Amazon. Hooray!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

My daughter uses those all the time. I need to buy one for myself.

Tracey

What does the USB stick do? Or what's it for?

It’s a USB that fits into an iPhone or iPad charging port. You can transfer your photos and files to it for storage or moving just like any other USB stick. It’s quite convenient according to my daughter.

do you know if they have one for Android phones?
    It used to be so easy to transfer pictures from my phone to my computer-one cable connecting the two and done. With my new phone it doesn't recognize the phone and won't let me download the way I used to.
    I don't use my phone for much but that is one of the main things I want to be able to do(took me a very long time to figure out how to download my own pictures and not have to ask for help

Debbie
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »

Yes. I miss this contraption.

Don't get me wrong...I'm thankful for ice makers, though we really don't use much ice.

Tina in CA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Allie-Sleep Apnea tends to make AFIB worse. Steve has AFIB and has used a CPAP for about 4 years. His nose piece is an air cushion. Not hateful for him or me. It is nice for me to be able to sleep as he snored horribly. Now he too sleeps through any snoring that I might do ;) FOLLOW DOCTORS ORDERS!!
    <3
    Kylia working in Ohio again (though 2 hours later than should have started)

I tell people I sleep so much better now that husband has his CPAP- he has had it for years now. I spent so many nights sleeping on the couch before he got it. I am a very light sleeper and his snoring was so bad. He doesn't use it if his allergies are really bad and it is terrible. He is tired after sleeping without using it.

Debbie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did a body pump DVD today. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise

Started stringing the popcorn. I hope to get it finished by the summer’s start when I’ll be in the pool!

Allie – let your body heal itself. I know you will want to do more than you should, but resist. Kylia is right, sleep apnea can make a fib worse. Vince has an aeroflow dream station. Look it up. He needed a CPAP but he didn’t want a full face mask. This has a thing like the oxygen thing they put on you in the hospital with the tube on top of your head and not in front. Check it out, if anything, to see another option.

Heather – lovely tulips. That picture sure put a smile on my face

Bonnie got the first dose of the chemo drug (a pill). The vet said her tumor has really shrunk. Unfortunately, he warned us that this won’t continue. She still has about 8 months.

Katla – congratulations!!!

Barbara – last year I was SOOOO bored that I strung the popcorn in May. You know I found that I really thought that was great. Everything was done (and it’s a big job since now Vince wants to add ANOTHER tree) when we were decorating and I could concentrate on other things. Guess what I was doing today?????

Regarding Apple computers etc: Vince really doesn’t like Apple at all. I personally couldn’t care less. He feels that when he wants to do something (like maybe make a modification to the registry) too many times Apple won’t let you do it. To him, he feels that supposedly Apple knows what is good for you. And he wants to do what he wants to do. It may very well be that they are assuming that the average person who buys their products don’t want to do things like he does. Or if they do, they would really mess things up. So, therefore, they don’t let you do certain things.

I’m really missing seeing PJ. I want to go up Memorial Day weekend. This way we’d have an extra day since Denise has Memorial Day off. Vince seems to keep giving me all kinds of reasons why we may not go up. First he said “depending on Bonnie, we may not be able to go up” to which I just said “I really don’t think that a cat should take precedence over out grandchild” I know he loves the cat, I do too. But I’m sorry, it’s a cat. I would never in a million years hurt it, but to me a grandchild is more important. Just now I was looking at a bubble gun to give him (thanks for the idea Rebecca) and he said to me “aren’t you going to have it shipped there. You’re assuming we’re going up”. I just told him “well, Denise has problems making a decision/commitment. I say we say to her “if we don’t hear from you by xxx, we will assume that it’s OK with you for us to come up xxx”. We’ve already left messages to have her call us back and she hasn’t. We’ve told her that we have to make plans (I have to tell Food Lion that I’m not going to be there, we need to get someone to take care of the cats, etc). Why is he getting to be such a stick-in-the-mud????

Ceramics tonight.

Michele NC
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Michele
    I really hate to see that you keep getting disappointed by your daughter. Maybe Vince is thinking that she really doesn't want you to come and that's his way of getting you out of going. You have made every effort to let her know you want to come and she just keeps putting you off. At some point in her life, she is going to regret the way she has treated you about this. I don't want to sound hurtful but that is just my opinion.

Prayers for all in America today that there will be no more riots and that people will be safe.

Carol in GA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Im just relaxing and watching tv.. yes I have been doing what the dr ordered and laying low... get back up and moving tomorrow but i still wont overdue...
    Watching the Waltons
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Well, my friends, I have absolutely no idea how DH gets himself into so many technical pickles.
    Of course, the new gadget didn't fit his phone. :sad:
    It did fit mine, but it was extremely complicated and was messing up my files, so I abandoned it.
    He is going to return it.
    We spent ages trying to find other methods. The direct phone to laptop connection doesn't work.
    He cannot download the photo from email to his pictures file.
    I was tearing my hair out.
    Using OneDrive was a washout for him. Grrrrrr!
    Eventually I hit on the idea of getting my old memory stick and emailing the photo to myself from my phone. I downloaded it by copying it onto the stick.
    Then I gave the stick to him. He couldn't find the photo. Handing the laptop to me I found it and downloaded it. It’s ended up on Windows Picture Viewer, but he can now find it and work on it for his book cover. Phew!
    I don't think he was sufficiently, grovellingly, grateful, but I think he secretly was. :D
    Wow! I think I am technically challenged, but I am a genius by that reckoning!

I've ended up the evening quite agitated, but I kept my temper and I'm gradually calming down. I think I will sleep upstairs.

A very, very small problem in the context of world issues tonight, but we live in both the micro and the macro worlds.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx