WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,353 Member
    Thanks for the tips, KJ!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    What a lot of fabulous purchases!!!!
    Congratulations on the hot tub, the car, the summer coat, and others I've forgotten. :D
    I've made my scones and we are just ready and waiting now. 37 minutes to go.
    DH swept the front yard and cleaned the car. I put out a fresh dishcloth and plumped the cushions. They will be mainly outside, but there might be toilet visits etc.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Heather- looks scrumptious.....
    Well i had a burst of energy and got some of the closet cleaned out,got lots of purses together and put them in a large crate.. and shoes in another smaller one.. put some of the winter jackets away and brought out some lighter ones and hung them up..
    Lisa- havent gotten Alfie yet.. tomorrow but will go get some.of his things today...and pick both of them up in the morning..
    Have some dishes in the sink so will get those done too ,and maybe order some groceries online.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    😸🐶
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Ooo
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well:
    Bonus: voicemailed imaging for Joe’s MRI appt, e-signed beneficiary change for variable lifetime annuity, emailed credit union for beneficiary info, copies of beneficiary designations and love letter into the Dear Joe binder, sent 3 fire district emails.
    Get to do: take BP, church, dogs to powerline, organize invoices and eobs for annual exams, both provider and labs, both Joe and me, find those torture bands, budget meeting notes, board meeting minutes, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, watch for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), Monday: return mortgage call, county planning office neighbor’s plans, call Jeanette at Chetco about what codes were used for both annual labs, next Wednesday: Grand Jury, Friday: locksmith for mailbox key.
    Active April:
    25: Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wildlife spotting. Do last night’s two motion triggered lights count? :laugh:
    Well, despite increased average steps/day, I’ve managed to gain 5 lbs the past four weeks, thanks to the red wine and Cheetos. Pfui.

Kylia “pick up husband’s new car”? Thought your DH was blind? Or is he just blind to his sister’s lack of work ethic…
    Julie “…not ready to kick the bucket yet” is a good place to be, even while feeling glum. (((hugs))) Brava for your professional response to the aggressive colleague. One thing about email with many in copy, it exposes the unprofessional.
    Allie rejoicing you felt well enough to walk the boys and do laundry. Like Ginny said, keeping Alfie with you might even help you to sleep! Sent up a little prayer for your DD’s procedure today.
    Rebecca just reading your post I could hear your voice and feel the warmth of your support for your big sister. So happy for you both.
    Kay thanks for popping in. Expect there to be a dramatic improvement soon as the scratchiness goes away.
    Michele “lectored tonight for the first time in over a year, felt good.” I’ll bet it did!
    Tracey your surprise visit and best day really made me smile. Thanks!
    Heather would you share your bacon rolls recipe? Your scones look scrumptious.
    Lisa your spa location story reminds me of our debate. I wanted to extend the deck on the ocean view side of our house to the bedroom wall, put in a door from bedroom to deck and put the hot tub there. Joe didn’t want the disruption and cost of such an endeavor and suggested we “temporarily” put it in the covered breezeway between the garage and house. Beverly Hilbillies indeed, but it turned out he was right. The oceanside of the house is uncomfortably windy. The house and garage shelter the hot tub and there it stays. BTW I’m 4’10 and have to use the stairs ;)
    Barbie your new spring coat sounds great, would you share the link?

Time to get up and at ‘em. If it’s too blustery to drive to Gold Beach, I’ll visit the Episcopalians in Brookings. ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    April: leaner/stronger/kinder than March.
    daily: sit with Joe: 24, weigh/wii: 24/0/0; steps>5627=2044 :P vits=23, log=24, CI<CO=21, CI<250<CO=18, Tumble=24, Shadow=25, mfp=24, outside=28 up hill=27
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=4 dance=1, clean 30 mins=8.33, packwalk=9, wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/4:140.3 :grin: 4/11:140.9 4/18:143.7[sigh] 4/25: 145.1 :P 4/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1, 21 plan= bonus: AF=15 play= sew= waist=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Barbara- oregon coastie.... thank you.. she wants another baby so badly...
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Did the Firm Cardio Overdrive DVD today. Then took a walk around the block before it started to rain. Actually, it was spritzing a bit but that really didn’t bother me a whole lot. The plan for tomorrow is to do Crunch Yoga Body Sculpt DVD and then use the recumbent bike

Katla – we also have a tub with a jacuzzi built in. We don’t use it a lot, either. But it sure is nice when we need it. I’m guessing that Yogi can take the heat from the fireplace for a long time. I know our cats will lay in the sun to the point where they’re fur gets real hot, yet they continue to lay in the sun

Allie – I’m sure pip bought that fireplace for Yogi. He MAY let pip and Kirby use it. I do hope you are able to take care of Alfi fully. On one hand a pet can speed up your recovery, just like going home from a hospital does. But on the other hand, I don’t want to see you extending yourself. Maybe you can take care of Alfie one day and Tom the next?

Rainy day here. I’m thinking that when I go to church my car will be outside and the pollen will be washed off

bananas – that’s weird how your age determines which vaccine you get. Wonder why?

Drkatie – are you going to get the other eye done? Vince can’t get over the difference after he had his surgery! Glad you came thru it fine

Lectored tonight for the first time in over a year. It felt good.

Michele NC

Michèle, well it's because Astra Zeneca has had some issues. But first it was not allowed for over 65s, Now it is, but it not allowed for under 55s in France, due originally to occasional blood clotting and rare death in people under 55, but now that it's age 55 minimum for that vaccine, it's also been shown to cause rare death in people aged average 62, and yet at present for most people 55-60 it's only vaccine. except if one has a "very serious health issue"
  • bananasandoranges
    Katla - Congratulations! A new grandchild is exciting!

Heather - It will be nice to have the floors and painting done.
    My cousin and her husband are in counselling separately and together. They have been since her hospitalization in January.

Lisa - I would love a hot tub please share how it all goes. We watch Lt. Joe Kenda too. My husband actually saw one of the episodes from, he thought, the first season, he told me he looks better as he gets older. I told him most men do.

Kylia - will your husband not do anything about his sister. If she’s not contributing appropriately maybe her wage or profit needs to be lowered. I think if I were in your shoes I would be looking for other work, you sure aren’t treated properly here

Barbara- my cousin lives about 2 hours away so we don’t see each other regularly. I hope Tai’ Chi opened again for you.
    I’m sure all the work is not helping anything.

Carol - I agree maybe we have caused Michele more worry. Sorry Michele.

Vicki - what terrible customer service.

Julie - I hope things change soon and you feel better.

Allie - I bet you’ll be in heaven when you get Alford back.

Rebecca - it sounds like your sister has a big task! I just wanted to say though that my depression is not turning in, a lot of people don’t even notice. I notice it in myself when I am angry for days and weeks on end, I then call my doctor and get a prescription filled for a few months.

I had the best day today. We were sitting here and I heard a car door shut. I looked out and no one was in our driveway. Before I stood up there was a knock on the door. When I opened it our Granddaughter was standing there asking me if I would like to run errands with her and Mommy. Of course I accepted the invitation. We went and did a little shopping and got some groceries. Then we very unexpectedly took an impromptu trip to see our other daughter. We sat outside and went for a walk. It was the best day I’ve had in a long time.

Tracey in Edmonton

thanks, i'm glad you had a nice day; i feel horrible. i've been in a bad state since thursday evening but better friday afternoon talking to a friend, but then a collegue has been really aggressive with me, with some group emails this weekend and it puts me over the top. (or under)
  • bananasandoranges
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Caught up again! It does not take long to get behind on here. Was kept busy again last week.

Julie-they live in a Phoenix suburb. Goodyear is on the Southwest side of the greater Phoenix area.

Kim—wherever do you find black licorice ice cream,?!

Rebecca-tendons in hands could be Deputren’s contracture. I have had two surgeries for removal in same hand, two different spots. My fingers started drawing. A bit uncomfortable procedure for a week or so but full hand mobility was worth it. Athena has so much personality that comes through in pictures.

Lisa-Levi is adorable! First haircut is priceless! Hope hot tub works well for you.

Tracey-I hope your cousin and spouse are able to get help walking through issues.

Michelle NC-difficult situation with your daughter. Hope it is not abuse.

Kylia-hiring in the Miami Valley is difficult. There are tons of jobs but very few applicants for them.

Allie-maybe getting Alfie back will also help with your sleep issues.

The off and on weather has been crazy. Plan for today is finish review of grants for a local non-profit agency (have 5 left to do, due by midnight tonight). On-line church, walk with friend at reservoir this afternoon. House stuff in between. Can’t believe how much stuff got behind for the 6 weeks or so dealing with hip and back.

Friday morning after doing stretches I could feel last of tightness in back go away. It was a strange but wonderful feeling. Still some bursa discomfort but nothing major. Looking forward to getting it all checked out Tuesday. With doctor approval I want to get back to my weights, etc. Right now still just stretches and walking. It is hard for me to be compliant!

Ventured out to two stores yesterday. Keeping my time in them short. Part of me getting used to be out more.

Off to do stretches then finish grants. Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

Ginny phoenix has such pretty nature around and is so warm. We once stayed at a very very fancy hotel in scottsdale in august at cut rate since it was so hot (sauna passs not needed!) we hung out at the pool a bit, and walked and went out a bit before 7 or after 6pm, or else car to AC place always...it was like 105-109 every day! i assume you are not going in august though! where around phoenix will you go and when and what sort of thing will you do?

Rebecca, i thought the same thing, dupuytren's. i have a very mild case, bumps but no real problem of contracture as of yet; my hands were super lax previously and now they seem normal, but i see the evolution;
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    Julie ((HUGS))

Barbara :D Good thing I wasn't drinking when I read your comment! Yes, DH is blind, but owns 3 cars. I get to drive pretty things. He is also blind to his sister and both of their actions affecting the rest of us at the shop.

Company has left. Time for food, shower, and errand running. I would rather stay home, but husband feels the need to go. The sun is shining and I have a pretty new thing to drive,

<3
    Kylia
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,931 Member
    got up and ready to go to church by myself this morning- husband worked last night so he was sleeping. Got over to the church and the pastor met me in the parking lot- there have been cases of the virus with some of the members, including our assoc. pastor who is in the hospital on a ventolator. They are still doing service but understand if some would rather watch online. I gave him my tithe and turned around and came back home. Yes, I have had both of my shots but didn't feel comfortable staying(I did have my mask on but still)- Watching online now.
    Hoping they take this a bit more serious than they seemed to be.

Debbie
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,939 Member
    Thanks y’all. Michele, I have no plans to do the other eye at this time. It doesn’t need it. I feel like I have improved vision already. My left eye has a clear lens in the glasses.

I need to get back to actively trying to lose weight. The good news is that I have maintenance down pretty good and have not gained any.

Dave went back to church today. He did ok, but was glad when it was over. He was starting to get uncomfortable.

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2021
    Allie: Good to hear that you were able to walk the dogs and get some laundry done. As a dog enthusiast, I know that Alfie is an excellent companion, as is our own dog. Sending prayers for a good outcome for your DD’s procedure. :flowerforyou:

Bananasandoranges: We happily took Pfizer vaccine. Our worst side effects were temporary headaches that went away. I wonder if Astra Zeneca’s potential for blood clotting could be worrisome for people with known and unknown cardio issues. What does your doctor say? Sorry to hear that you’ve been in a state due to an aggressive colleague. :grumble:

Kylia: Good for you that your company has gone, the sun is shining, and you have a pretty new car to drive. :bigsmile: Regarding “blind,” do you mean unable to see well enough to drive, or blind to social situations? :huh:

We are currently in the sitting area in our bedroom watching the wildlife and people in the marina. We have a lovely view. We need to get some shopping done today and can’t spend the whole day looking out of the windows. DH is gluten intolerant and we ran out of the gluten free noodles that we both enjoy, so we’ll stop into the grocery store today.

Katla in overcast NW Oregon

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    Katla- yes to both! My DH is legally blind. Right eye has no vision at all. Left eye has less than 50%. Think of a pie cut in quarters. He is missing vision in upper right and lower left quadrants plus nothing in the center. He is also oblivious to social situations!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Hugs to Julie . <3
    And very best wishes for Allie's daughter
    . Longing for a baby is so hard. Heart pain.

Our garden visit was wonderful, but chaotically noisy and frantic. They were over tired after a hectic weekend, visits and activities, and my son was knackered. Definitely doing far too much. Been up to London twice. Eating outside with friends. 90k cycle ride. ;)
    My DDIL didn't come. Working. My son had to drive back as he had locked her out of the house and she couldn't get back in for a wee. She works in a shed.
    Anyway, all was good, but lots of shrieking and arguments. Nellie was very good.
    We ended up exhausted, but happy. They are a tonic. The exorbitantly expensive strawberries were a great hit.

Barbara- no recipe for the bacon rolls. Just very good free range bacon in a buttered artisan roll.
    Max ate all his but Edie left a bit. My son ate two scones. Bea didn't eat much at all apart from strawberries. >:)

Good day. Heather XOXO