Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Very glad its Friday. Came home set alarm passed out.

Had dinner, big cup of hot tea and muffin for dessert. Got my Amazon package - sunscreen, back scratcher and back scrubber for shower. Such excitement so early in the year!!

Hoping for an early bedtime. but never know.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Hey, all. I'm still in Fl. Mom died 4/20 and I was doing the night shift after she went into hospice care at my sister's home shortly after I last checked in. We had some very good time together, all of us--us 5 sibs and mom. She had good days among the not so good. My heart will never be the same and I am so grateful to have had her as my mother. She never once criticized me, and her love was completely unconditional. She was a marvelous mom.

With all that going on, I managed to sell my house (closing 5/14 for a good price) and get a job offer in Charlotte. So other than having to live without a home for 6 weeks and having to pack to move in 2.5 weeks, I'm "ready" to move. Oh, gosh; I am so NOT ready. But it will come together.

I have gotten lots of fresh air and exercise, but have had cake 1-2 times/day for the past week and it's starting to catch up with me. I held my own for the first few weeks, which was something of a minor miracle in my opinion. But I haven't stressed at all and I'm looking at renting near a 7 mile trail through forests and neighborhoods, so I will be able to keep up the healthy habit I've developed while here of getting out every single day to walk or run. No crap weather to deter me. FL has had a few really hot, muggy days in my time here but mostly it has been surprisingly comfortable.

All my best to all of you and I will get back here more regularly when things settle--which could be a few months from now, with the new job and move. But I'll certainly be checking in and logging my food again once I get back home. It isn't a big thing--I'm so much healthier already--but I want to lose as I had planned. Caring for mom made me aware that caregivers benefit when the loved one is not significantly overweight, so I will try to lose and give that small gift to my kids when it is their turn to help me. Hugs.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,849 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    k15g7jwdwvbc.jpeg

Maureen - So sorry to hear of the passing of your dear mother. May she rest in peace.

Big hugs,
    Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    6sdvztyc7co7.jpg
    *** April 24th ***

Good morning All~~

Just getting us started.

* waving for Cabana Boy to bring more black coffee *

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Rain clouds are coming in for tomorrow.

Will walk around the house to make sure I get my 5k today.

Got some good meals coming up that are healthier. Tired of seeing the same 3 pounds but at least it is not going up.

• LanaCabana537
    edited April 2021
    Options
    t1dpiqbda19n.jpeg
    *** April 25th ***

I just don't feel well this morning. The sun is out, but it's raining in my head.
    Maybe some breakfast and a shower will turn things around a bit.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

I have documented my weight and steps and no progress- it is those extras that I am adding too often. Nothing like seeing current pictures of yourself to motivate.

Lana - strong cup of tea and toast??

Supposed to rain today and so an inside day for me. Got a tri tip dinner as a lady from church was not in town and she gifted it to me. Extra meat will be added to 2 salads that are premade.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    fqh17juape0v.jpeg
    *** April 26th ***

Good morning All~~

Just getting us started.
    This week is going to be all about that mountain of paperwork I must assemble for The Project. Blech.
    Yes, eating right and taking walking breaks will be essential for my mental stability.

Sara - your mention of tri tip makes me realize that I would love a nice little piece of beef someday soon.

*tossing beach bag and flip flops onto favorite lounge chair for later 🌴*

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Maureen - my sympathies. I am so glad you were there and you and your siblings were able to have this special time together. And what a whirlwind for you. Congrats on the house sale! And the job!
    Lana - good luck with the papers. Walks sound like a great idea!
    Sara - tri tip - that sounds wonderful?
    Waves to all! Hope you had a great weekend!
    ~Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

I decided to take Wednesday off so that I only have to look at boss 2 days in a row. Rotten Monday - Couldnt get into software, committed a cardinal sin and left a coworker alone on phones to take a break ( which means I will watch the clock and take breaks earlier), did not learn to transfer a customer on phone. Got hung up by another customer.

So after that crash and burn day - I came home to find out the link to the meeting after work for church was not sent to me. I took myself over to the recliner and slept. I heard the alarm, thanked it and went back to sleep.

Late dinner means less food!!!

Lana-- the Project needs to be cut up into little bite size pieces when possible - keep walking and drinking water.

Tri tip pieces are small but adds a lot to a large salad.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    pu0gcjtogpc8.jpeg
    *** April 27th ***

Hello All~~

Sara - sending you big hugs--what an awful Monday. Today will be better.

Lynn - how are things up your way? How is Maggie doing?

Yesterday I did not feel strong enough to go on a formal walk, but I did work in the yard for a while, which is constant mild physical activity. I never "garden"; I hack back "green jungle", cut it up and put it in the yard waste container. I barely put a dent in the jungle 😜

Today will be more of the same.

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    Things are going ok my way Lana - thanks for asking. Maggie is good as well. Keeps her days busy chasing and sniffing for rabbits. I had to laugh at your green jungle. I try to garden, but much of what I do turns into a green jungle as well :)
    Sara - wishing you a better day at work. Wednesday sounds like a great day to take off!
    Waves to all - enjoy your day!
    ~Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Another 2 part nap day - one before and one after the alarm. This means I will be up later.....

Better day at work . I wonder if I miscommunicated - coworker was supposed to assist me in my piece of a project I wrote back, can you do the letter S? It was about 1/3 of my list - she did the letter Z which had about 1/10th ot my share. Just shaking my head. Another person I would not hire.

Lynn glad you and Maggie are doing well.

Lana - reasons 1 through 20 why I do not have a house is because I would never take care of a garden , it would grow so tall you couldnt see the house.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    fepsmgyhboya.jpeg
    *** April 28th ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - Is today a day off for you? I hope it is a good day for you either way.
    I'm with you on gardening. There is nothing planted here that I would call a garden. There are very tall, mature camellias, a lot of various tall rhododendrons, and then there is a bunch of creeping myrtle and English Ivy and other vines that can run along and start to take over. I should learn how to use a trimmer-weed-whacker thing. How hard can it be? I know to get the battery model, not the gasoline type..... 😜

Waving to Runa and Tracy and Lynn and Maureen and Jordanna and Missy and Dawn and everyone else who pops by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ».

Lana
  • Rh1aB1a
    Rh1aB1a Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Everyone!

HHD!

I had an awful day calorie wise yesterday, but instead of giving up, I am going to get right back on track today!

HW- 165lbs
    CW-144lbs
    GW-135lbs

I'm going to try and throw a workout somewhere in the mix today! Since I stay home with my kiddos (6,4,2, and 8mos) I have to try and workout whenever I get a spare minute! Hoping to get some glute and arm work done today!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Weds! It's rainy here and I love it!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Rhiannon - Goodness, you have your arms full with FOUR little ones at home! Yes, a minute here and a minute there can add up to a good workout during the day. Good for you!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana new schedule does not start for a couple of weeks.

Rhiannon - welcome - 4 kids, that by itself is a work out. Use them as weights moving them from room to room!!! Chasing them around burns those calories too.

Today was another computer should fly out the window day - dealing with websites phone "menus" nearly got my last nerve. Contacted person on our side of the world and said just make me a new account - I could not spend any more time with it.

Made sure I walked and got my 5k for the day - will try and get closer to 6k again but not today.

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3<3<3
    Thursday, April 29th

Good morning, Cabana Crew!

I treated myself to a new Fitbit Charge 4. It arrived yesterday. I needed a watch for the upcoming Convention in Cincinnati and couldn't find one to suit me. Decided to go ahead and get the fitness watch to see if it would re-motivate me to get healthy.

Found a new Doctor! I really like him. He is straightforward and whip-smart. He says his job is to keep me out of his office. During our initial visit, I told him about my Hashimoto's and mentioned one unrelated symptom. Immediately, he diagnosed Sjogren's (I had suspected it for at least a year now.)

On the home front, I have managed to stay grain free for two days and sugar free for one. I had two small pieces of a very expensive chocolate bar that I finished day before yesterday. I can already tell a reduction of the inflammation in my gut. My insides are happier than they have been in a while.

It's rainy and gloomy here today, one of my ASMs has a major bid due at 4 that I have to enter, and I have a not-so-nice meeting with our Moose Territorial Manager at 5 this afternoon. However, I am determined to make the best of it.

Guess I will walk up and down my hallway to try to get my steps each hour, but I won't beat myself up if I don't make it today.

Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Tracy πŸ‘‹πŸ»πŸ’– Thank you for getting us started today!

So glad to hear the good news about your new doctor - it is so important to have someone who is good at their job and gives you reason to be confident with them.
    What's an ASM in your world? In mine it is an Assistant Stage Manager 🎭
    Good for you on getting yourself your Fitbit! πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Waves to all who stop by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ» I've got to get to work!

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Lana,

ASM is Area Sales Manager.

Thank you! I hope my new doctor will work with me on a couple of things. He is not concerned about weight. Didn't even weigh me for the visit.

It's my second Fitbit. I wore a Charge 2 for almost 4 years.

Don't work too hard today!

Tracy in Tennessee