GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Wow! Yes, total beast mode, Jenna! I hope you enjoyed it.
  • Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    @jennacole12 So pleased it went well, you put in the work and deserve all the respect from your fellow competitors as you most definitely earned it!
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,348 Member
    Literally still hurting, but can’t believe I did it and didn’t make a fool of myself. I failed the deadlift 😕, but damn did I give it my all.... otherwise I did better than I expected in the other events. The experience was amazing and I’ve been invited to join the USS strongman community as judge/volunteer/athlete..... I’m thrilled 😁 below are comp day gifs!

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886a759e581e79edf3ba5a48a5f33518a91680e67ed&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886a759e581e79edf3ba5a48a5f33518a91680e67ed&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148862bf642b8dc7fad2b2924c58c08fa94752cb6bcde&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148869033a3112cea05dbf280cfe7044f8548b7b09aff&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148862bf642b8dc7fad2b2924c58c08fa94752cb6bcde&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

giphy.gif

I think Alex is one proud kid of his momma!
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Literally still hurting, but can’t believe I did it and didn’t make a fool of myself. I failed the deadlift 😕, but damn did I give it my all.... otherwise I did better than I expected in the other events. The experience was amazing and I’ve been invited to join the USS strongman community as judge/volunteer/athlete..... I’m thrilled 😁 below are comp day gifs!

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148869033a3112cea05dbf280cfe7044f8548b7b09aff&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

You Killed it! Can I be like you when I grow up? :smile:

Seriously though, it looks like all of the training and hard work paid off and you definitely should be proud of your accomplishment. Your son has one awesome Mom, and I'm sure he knows it!
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    @jennacole12 sorry I'm late with this. Truly amazing, inspirational, fantastic and every other superlative possible. So happy it was a great day for you two. Your dedication and work totally paid off.

I thought about posting a you did it gif to contrast the phrase that never shall be uttered, lol. Hmmm can't even lose the smart donkey part of me post surgery.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,031 Member
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    qrhyxlgdtv63.gif

Started way too high and kinda did a stiff leg. But up it went, 360 lb. deadlift (@ 185 lbs. / 62 years old)

Nice work dude
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    qrhyxlgdtv63.gif

Started way too high and kinda did a stiff leg. But up it went, 360 lb. deadlift (@ 185 lbs. / 62 years old)

That celebration at the end was awesome!! Well done! 🎉👏
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,031 Member
    Still working on 105lb bench. Granted, my lifting consistency has been brutal lately. Sigh.

This one almost turned into a fail video... But I didn't quit, and that's why I'm sharing it. Haha.

hdvcwn8826he.gif

I failed on my bench yesterday- on my last rep - had to dump the weight in front of everyone- shoulda recorded it - felt like a pretty big tool - but congrats on NOT failing !!
  • DancingMoosie
    edited April 2021
    qpt2e0vx6y5f.jpg

As anticipated...the AC was broken today. I still got in the gym and lifted, but was a hot, sweaty, and lightheaded. Pullups were a little better.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    56hnsjo9hq6a.jpg
    No GIFS, but I wanted to get a pic of my outfit, lol

You look so lean and strong! Great work!

How are you feeling? Are the aches all better now?
  • DancingMoosie
    56hnsjo9hq6a.jpg
    No GIFS, but I wanted to get a pic of my outfit, lol

You look so lean and strong! Great work!

How are you feeling? Are the aches all better now?

I tried the noofuzion pre-work out drink today. The pain in my back/neck is much better and did not affect my lifts. The heat really gets to me. I'm not sure if the drink helped or made the light-headedness worse...
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,182 Member
    I've lost 22 lbs since Jan 1, which is just shy of 17 weeks.  My lifts went up consistently from basically scratch doing a 5x5 across approach, until somewhat recently.  I've stalled on Squats and Bench a number of times, and deloaded and switched to 3x5 across...and now using 2.5 lbs increments with 1.25 lbs plates.

Overall, I'm pretty happy...back injury seems to be healed.  I picked up an annoying hip flexor/groin strain, though...which has slowed things down.  After getting it checked and starting some PT for it, I'm just glad they're saying it's not a hernia/tear that needs a surgical fix.

I've lost inches on my waist...my weight lifting belt is on the tightest rung and barely fits.

I'm thinking I should just keep grinding now at the 3x5 Across until a bit longer, then maybe switch to something else.

Has anyone done "Madcow" lifting program?  If so, did you like it or have any suggestions?

I'm still working on losing weight and trying for another 20 or more, so I have a feeling that strength gains will become increasingly difficult from here out.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    I've lost 22 lbs since Jan 1, which is just shy of 17 weeks.  My lifts went up consistently from basically scratch doing a 5x5 across approach, until somewhat recently.  I've stalled on Squats and Bench a number of times, and deloaded and switched to 3x5 across...and now using 2.5 lbs increments with 1.25 lbs plates.

Overall, I'm pretty happy...back injury seems to be healed.  I picked up an annoying hip flexor/groin strain, though...which has slowed things down.  After getting it checked and starting some PT for it, I'm just glad they're saying it's not a hernia/tear that needs a surgical fix.

I've lost inches on my waist...my weight lifting belt is on the tightest rung and barely fits.

I'm thinking I should just keep grinding now at the 3x5 Across until a bit longer, then maybe switch to something else.

Has anyone done "Madcow" lifting program?  If so, did you like it or have any suggestions?

I'm still working on losing weight and trying for another 20 or more, so I have a feeling that strength gains will become increasingly difficult from here out.

It sounds to me that you've maxed out the benefits of the 5x5 linear progression and need to switch to something else. It's been a while since I kicked the tires on Madcow but I believe it's also LP, so it's wouldn't necessarily be the right choice if you're truly stalling on 5x5. I would caution the impact a core muscle issue is having on your strength. I'd want to focus on getting that recovered above anything else.
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,182 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »

It sounds to me that you've maxed out the benefits of the 5x5 linear progression and need to switch to something else. It's been a while since I kicked the tires on Madcow but I believe it's also LP, so it's wouldn't necessarily be the right choice if you're truly stalling on 5x5. I would caution the impact a core muscle issue is having on your strength. I'd want to focus on getting that recovered above anything else.

Thanks for your input. It is a LP, but weekly if I understand it correctly and you aim to peak at a certain time based on your current level. And also, has ramping sets of 5 instead of 5 across.

Yeah, I need to deal completely with this hip/groin maybe low ab thing. It seems under control with ibuprofen and staying away from running and certain sports maneuvers. But, still will jab me if I start to jog or anything. Oddly perhaps, Squats and trap bar don't bother it to make it hurt...pretty much all direct ab stuff does, though.

I'm also thinking maybe 531 or something. Just hoping not to spin my wheels. Any suggestions on programming you've liked in the past?
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »

Thanks for your input. It is a LP, but weekly if I understand it correctly and you aim to peak at a certain time based on your current level. And also, has ramping sets of 5 instead of 5 across.

Yeah, I need to deal completely with this hip/groin maybe low ab thing. It seems under control with ibuprofen and staying away from running and certain sports maneuvers. But, still will jab me if I start to jog or anything. Oddly perhaps, Squats and trap bar don't bother it to make it hurt...pretty much all direct ab stuff does, though.

I'm also thinking maybe 531 or something. Just hoping not to spin my wheels. Any suggestions on programming you've liked in the past?

Personally, the worst times I’ve had spinning my wheels were when I didn’t properly rehab/recover from injuries. You’ll progress on any decent program if you put in the work and eat for that goal. Though, that’s hard to do if you’re having to train around things, especially if it’s core-related that’s going to bleed into the performance of so many lifts. Unless you’ve got some sort of competition you’re working towards I’d do whatever you need to get that resolved. Play the long game, in the grand scheme of things whatever timeframe you need to heal will be minor compared to your overall lifting career.

*not a medical professional
  • gregoryrosen
    gregoryrosen Posts: 9 Member
    Hey all,
    Anyone here involved/ interested in power lifting regiments?
    Trying to figure out a good rep scheme for determining 1 or 3RMs
    Been doing a warmup then
    10,8,6,3,1,1,1...and so on based on %
    Rest increasing as reps decrease
    Current squat 1rm @ 480
    Goal of 600 by 2022
    Thankssssss
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    LaneaJ wrote: »
    @jennacole12
    You are amazing! So happy for you, and your son. 🎉👏🏻

Sorry for the delay!! Thank you so so much ❤️😁
    @jennacole12 you are a BEAST! Way to go and leave it all behind! You gave it your all and did so amazing! So inspired by you!! ❤️ 👏🎉🙌

Thank you S. I can say the same and you!!!! Thank you for the continued support through that training it was brutal!!