Summer 2009 WILL Be Different Challenge!

Options

Replies

• 150lbs2go
    150lbs2go Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm going to do all 3 challenges this week!
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post my weight! Oops! :)

Starting weight: 312.8
    March 5 weight: 306.2

6.6lbs lost! yay!

well done on your weight loss, thats fantastic!
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    The challenges are great. I'm not going to count the water as a challenge because I drink more than that every day anyway.

I usually park as far away as possible at any place I go but have gotten lazy lately so it's good to be reminded of this one. Also, taking the stairs is good for me. I don't have any stairs in my house but I work on the 16th floor of my building. Today I went down the stairs twice. Next week I'll add going up.

Tomorrow I'm going grocery shopping so I should be able to do the comparison challenge.

Have a great weekend everyone:drinker:
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    I am so excited about this group!!!! I :heart: MFP

I started doing an upper body workout after I joined up here on Thursday and just did another one today!!!

My knee is quickly improving after my ski injury 2 weeks ago, I can't wait to start doing a lower body workout instead of just walking :bigsmile:
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    So far so good this weekend :happy: (knock on wood)

I made Friday my "rest day" from working out since Saturday and Sundays are my most challenging days to stay on track.

Today I tried a new dvd I've had lying around..I did the cardio section and it KICKED MY BUTT :blushing:

I also went grocery shopping today and compared granola bar nutrition labels..very interesting! But its only 2pm now so I have to watch my afternoon and evening snacking...its raining where I live so I'm not very motivated to go outdoors.....

Anyways...just wanted to post my progress today....I find it keeps me on track....

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

31345.png
    [/url]
  • tooFAT2
    tooFAT2 Posts: 29
    Options
    HI y'all!! I hope it is not too late to join this challenge...I could really use all of the motivation/support I can get. I cannot really do the exercising due to my herniated disc BUT I will be using my Beachbody Total Body Solution physical therapy-type exercise dvd; however, most of my weight loss efforts will have to come from counting calories...I just love reading about the weight loss so many have experienced...CONGRATS:smile: You guys are doing GREAT!!!

melissa
  • wisefool333
    Options
    I'm in.......

Just started for serious serious like two weeks ago.......week 1 did the strength training at 5AM 3 days a week before work and then 5 days a week did a two mile run after work. My matabolism bounced back from where it had gotten to pretty well. I had lost about 30 lbs. about a year and a half ago and for whatever reason........there really wasn't one other than gettin lazy.....I stopped eating right (went back to the old binge eating of chocolate every night) and although I only put about half the weight back on.....I wasn't happy with myself.

So I am "Back at it" .......aching a bit cos I am an old fart but it's a good ache, the kind that makes ya feel like you are getting somewhere. Now I am 10 days in and 2.5 lbs. down.

My goal is to lose 20 lbs, which would allow me to reach the goal I had set for myself way back when I lost the first 30. We'll go from there but I gotta say I now recognize this is gonna be lifetime commitment.

Th deal is theis......luckily or unluckily I am dead ringer for Daniel Craig........right now I look like a slightly overweight Daniel Craig........hopefully by May I'll look like he did in layer cake again (of course to do that I won't be eating layercake).

I am a lucky guy I have a wife that loves me overweight or not.....but I would prefer NOT!!!!!!

So I'm here to get motivation from you guys and maybe you can draw some from me........Good luck and see ya all for weigh on Thurs. BTW: current weight 186
  • soon2bgaudet
    Options
    if it's not too late, i would like to do this! My roommate and I are sticking to Weight Watchers for Lent, which includes working out! Something that neither of us are very good at! So, I would love to be apart of this group if I can! We weighed in the Thursday after Ash Wednesday and I was 255lbs. Last Thursday was our first weigh in and I lost 2lbs! So, I am sitting at 223lbs and hoping for good results come this Thursday! Water isn't too much of an issue, but is certainly a big focus. As far as trying a new exercise, for me it's just exercising in general! I want to go AT LEAST 3x a week. This morning we (my roomie, myself, and our better halfs :wink: ) went to morning mass then hit up the gym for close to 2 hours. Hoping to talk my guy into going again tomorrow morning! Anyways, looking forward to being apart of this group!

:heart:
  • Venusjems
    Venusjems Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I want in late too!!! I got a cruise to go on in September, so that is my goal..look good in a swimsuit.
    My weight is 161

I do workout DVD's every day but Sunday (well try to anyway)
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Welcome tooFAT2, wisefool333 and soon2bgaudet!!

So far I am having an issue with the water thing this week and the excerising. I have Bronchitus and obviously I go into an attack everytime my heart rate goes up just a bit.

Hopefully in a couple days I can get back on the goodwagon :happy: I am thankfully still eating well.

Crys
  • wisefool333
    Options
    Welcome tooFAT2, wisefool333 and soon2bgaudet!!

So far I am having an issue with the water thing this week and the excerising. I have Bronchitus and obviously I go into an attack everytime my heart rate goes up just a bit.

Hopefully in a couple days I can get back on the goodwagon :happy: I am thankfully still eating well.

Crys

hope you feel better crys
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    Good Saturday afternoon all and welcome to the newcomers:flowerforyou:

Today I did a 4 mile walk/run with running 2.25 miles and walking 1.75. I count this as my trying something new exercise because I was able to push myself to run the extra .25. Normally I would have stopped at 2. Water, no problem:drinker: :drinker: I went to Sam's Club today and compared barbeque sauce. They were all pretty much equal in everything but the sodium, and that was all over the place. That did surprise me. I didn't park out in the back 40 but I did park further away than I would have if it weren't for this challenge. No stairs today, though.

I am finding this team very motivating and want to thank everyone for encouraging me.
  • réalta
    Options
    how are all my challengers this evening? :drinker:

sorry i havent posted today, but i was doing a 24 hour fast for charity, see post below

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/44068-fasting-need-help

this has nothing to do with weight loss, fasting for weight loss does NOT work in my opinion, i was doing it for charity, i feel so tired this evening as i had nuthing to eat before 6.30pm

so getting to bed early for a good nites rest and back to my exercise and eating super healthy tomorrow!

hope you all are having a great weekend

remember, WATER :drinker: , keep MOVING to keep LOSING, and most of all HAVE FUN!

:heart:
  • tooFAT2
    Options
    Hi thanks for the warm welcome!

you know I started yesterday STRONG but fizzled out in the evening...uum, I ate candy, a bag of chips, and just way too much dinner....:frown:

BUT today is a new day....I will move foward and make better choices today.

crys, i hope you are feeling better today!

melissa
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Its ok melissa we all fall off sometimes. Im sure today will be better.
  • réalta
    Options
    how is everyone getting on? especially our newer members?

today has been good so far, ive done well for brekkie/lunch, just want to get dinner under control

and make sure i jump on my elliptical tonight :drinker:

i must go to the supermarket later to compare my three foods too :wink:

remember guys . . .

keep MOVING to stay LOSING!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • tooFAT2
    Options
    Hi Kristina...thanks for the encouragement...today HAS been much better!

I just have to take control of my dinner time:wink:

QUESTION...(would love any advice)....I cannot exercise right now so according to the calorie calculator i am to eat 1200 calories to lose weight BUT why am I still HUNGRY??:indifferent: Do I just need to wait until my mind/stomach get used to eating 1200 calories??? I am just so hungry!!!:embarassed:

laters
    melissa
  • réalta
    Options
    what do have your weight loss set to? when i had mine set to 2 pounds a week or 1 and a half pounds a week MFP told me to eat about 1200 cals which is just to low for me personally. so now i have my weight loss set to lose 1 pound per week and i can eat 1400 cals approx. hope this helps xx
  • tooFAT2
    Options
    Hi realta...um, yeah I think I have my mine set at 2 pounds....hmmm, I might change it....so, it is normal to feel HUNGRY even if i have already eaten the proper portions??
  • soon2bgaudet
    Options
    i dont know about if you are suppose to feel hungry but i know i always do! it is a bummer but as these past couple of weeks have ticked by my body is getting more and more use to my routine. for example, i have coffee on my way to work/school (im a teacher), a banana before 1st block begins and then a muffin during second block. when i first started that muffin did not tide me over as much as i would have liked between when i eat (app. 10am) to when my lunch time is (11:16). however, now, about 11 days into my lifestyle change, once i eat that muffin, i dont even have hunger pains when lunch comes. its a nice feeling but it certainly took a while to get there!

as for me, things are going well. went to the gym this morning and worked hard. getting all my water in and now just thinking about that will be on the menu for dinner! i think i am going to try a new weight watchers recipie that calls for stew meat! yum! can't wait for thursday weigh in!! :tongue: