Why is being a stripper bad?

1131415161719»

Replies

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    It's not bad unless they're forced into it and don't wanna be there, and for their sake I hope its just some side hustle or like a college job, it's not like a long-term career. Just some folks trying make ends meet is all.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    annabrah1 wrote: »
    I can't agree with you

(...sees topic, clicks, notes it's a recently revived thread...) I'm WAY more interested in how this came to be your first post @annabrah1 🤨 Welcome to MFP, where we generally talk about exercise and nutrition.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Need proof of past employment @Revolu7 :)
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Need proof of past employment @Revolu7 :)

@ReenieHJ you know those kind of pics are frowned upon on this family friendly forum......PM's however.........😁
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    "PULL YOURSELF UP BY YOUR BOOTSTRAPS....in a way that does not violate my ethical standards." - People who are self righteous and want to also tell everyone how they should live their lives.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    "PULL YOURSELF UP BY YOUR BOOTSTRAPS....in a way that does not violate my ethical standards." - People who are self righteous and want to also tell everyone how they should live their lives.

These are the worst people, imo.

They fail to understand that a.) there are multiple ways to "rise up" and not all of them involve office jobs or jobs of "high moral standing", b.) not everyone has the same opportunities present for the area(s) they live, c.) not everyone has the same ability to move to a new location to seek new opportunities, either, d.)ethics exist on a sliding scale, so their ideals aren't the paragon and e.) the people that say stuff like this are usually either hiding something or have such a loveless life that they have to take their hatred out on others and should be summarily ignored.

Per the thread title, there is nothing wrong with being a stripper. There is something wrong with being forced into sex work. If you went into the career willingly and enjoy it, then there's no problem, you should enjoy your time and stay safe (crazy people out there in the world). But if a person was forced into sex work, then yes.. that's a problem and is very much "bad".
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »

These are the worst people, imo.

They fail to understand that a.) there are multiple ways to "rise up" and not all of them involve office jobs or jobs of "high moral standing", b.) not everyone has the same opportunities present for the area(s) they live, c.) not everyone has the same ability to move to a new location to seek new opportunities, either, d.)ethics exist on a sliding scale, so their ideals aren't the paragon and e.) the people that say stuff like this are usually either hiding something or have such a loveless life that they have to take their hatred out on others and should be summarily ignored.

Per the thread title, there is nothing wrong with being a stripper. There is something wrong with being forced into sex work. If you went into the career willingly and enjoy it, then there's no problem, you should enjoy your time and stay safe (crazy people out there in the world). But if a person was forced into sex work, then yes.. that's a problem and is very much "bad".

I think we can all agree that trafficking is bad for sure. I agree, hustle to pay for what you need and earn a living.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    twvoda7e8g0g.jpg

They were always nice to me when I was in the hospital... :D
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    I've had several friends that did that as a side job, and they're the sweetest people ever. What is wrong with it is that I think it would be extremely hard, especially for women, for it not to crush your self-respect a little. I thought that that about waitressing, too, though so who am I to judge!?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    twvoda7e8g0g.jpg

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47z12cd8mtz2exvyzqp2fhsmjmwkgpzvzlthv1vwrq&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    :# oh. Well. I am thinking of a career change. Do you think people will judge me? I like the cute outfits.

I'd seriously recommend branching out into cam work given the current restrictions.

Cam Work?

$ame Here !!

......although, that would mean cleaning my office & frankly, I'm not quite up to it right now.

I wouldn't bother. There's probably a fetish niche for that.

Considering there are men who pay women to sit around and do their "day to day" thing while on camera (nothing sexy or naked), I would say yes. Voyeurism is a thing.

This sounds like too much work. Will they pay to watch me sit and drink and watch tv?

while you're at your nudist resort, yes.

Really?? Hmmmm
    Good reason to come out of retirement. :)
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Oh it's soo bad 😏...
  • elmusho1989
    elmusho1989 Posts: 321 Member
    Nothings wrong. Strippers can have kids too, its not like they take them to work lol. Don't mind any judgement you get on this thread. Work somewhere good and safe and enjoy it.