What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    * Around 40' yoga - stretch - foam roll
    * 12.42mi bike ride, slow as well as short (unseasonably hot here, mid-80s, but its a nondry heat 😉)
    * 40' or so mostly core exercise, mostly with stability ball
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Was waiting on my contractors to show and asked the wife if she would interrupt me if they showed, so that I could get my workout in.

Did 30 minutes of supersets and then 7 minutes X 3 on the rower with 2 minute rests. Tried to stay at 24 or 25 SPM or more for the duration and close to 90% max HR. Reached 92% max HR on the last one. 2:11 pace, 2:13, then 2:12 roughly (all around 150 Watts, which on the rower is OK, not great, not terrible). I'm sure I could sustain more power if it wasn't directly after a lift, but that's why I'm doing it. Usually after a lift, I'm 6 to 7 full seconds slower on pace than when I'm fresh.

Trying to work back toward doing 4 X 2K @ sub 8 minute pace again.
  • anna_lowe
    anna_lowe Posts: 39 Member
    4x8 overhead press
    4x8 dumbbell rows
    3x10 bench press
    3x10 lat pulldowns
    2x12 dumbbell flies
    2x15 skullcrushers
    3x12 curls

slowly trying to bulk and add some muscle, i had been lifting for maintenance/recomp for 2 years.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    edited May 2021
    Bike trainer session focused on Cadence ladders with endurance. Idea is to mimic HIM race distance effort over a hilly course. Sixty four minute effort starting with warmups, then holding 170W while cadence varied at prescribed levelss: 2 min@65-70, 1:30@ 60-65, etc. Felt ok doing this outside in the afternoon sun. Consumed a large electrolyte drink during the ride. Will consume another one first thing tomorrow.

Looking forward to a group training ride with 7-8 tri club friends in the morning. All of us are in IM prep, either for Maryland or Chattanooga races in Sept. Tomorrow's fun will be 55-60 hilly miles. The ride will be another chance to practice nutrition and hydration strategy during a challenging ride:hills, pace and warm/hot temps.

My goal is to consume roughly 400 calories and 24oz fluid/hr during the ride, while keeping my power output in check. "Underfueling" or "Overcooking" the bike segment usually leads to a disastrous run split. (often forces athletes to walk most of the marathon)
  • TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    4x6 - deadlift
    4x8 - dumbbell rows
    4x8 - biceps curls
    4x8 - upright rows
    4x8 - 45 degree hypers
  • VikaAfanas36
    VikaAfanas36 Posts: 6 Member
    Body Groove work out of the day (30 min of dancing).
  • AvaEBerry
    AvaEBerry Posts: 161 Member
    I did 30min of hamstrings and core on the stability ball. Then 15min of moderately paced jump rope. Then 3 sets of back and biceps (Dropsets)

Bent Over Unilateral Arm Pulls
    DB Deadlifts
    Supinated Bent Over Rows
    Bent Over Reverse Flies
    Wide & Narrow Bicep Curls
    Hammer Curls
    Alternating Isolation Hold Curls
  • AnnPT77
    * 6990m rowing bow in a quad (cheating a little on the meters; we did drills by pairs for a short segment, but I rowed the whole 30' shell & 4 rowers by myself for 3 short segments when I was control freakin' about steering some tight bits)
    * 5.12 mile trudge at 3.4mph (too bleepin' hot to do anything non-slow 😆)
    * 38' strength training, the usual aging joints (re-)conditioning stuff
  • Djproulx
    Group ride this morning. 53 miles and 2800 ft of climbing. Overall pace of 16mph isn't very meaningful since speed varied widely during the ride. Our outbound trip was almost all of the climbing, so the return was much faster. It was a beautiful route and fun to ride with friends.

Long swim and long run tomorrow. Hoping to squeeze into the wetsuit for my first open water swim of the season.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Reddit recommended routine progressive bodyweight for one hour. Of course including lots of rests between exercises. Muscles still felt very heavy and tired in the evening, but anyway.. I went out to run the fastest 5k in ages, just over 39 minutes (that's fast for me. I'm a certified slow runner). Running programme called for a slow 5k, thus I completely screwed that one up :D
  • Djproulx
    Long run this am. 30min warmup pace, then 20min tempo pace, 15min recovery pace, 20 min tempo pace, 10min cooldown. 1:35:00 total time, distance was just about 8 miles.

Swim was 2600 yds done in the lap pool. workout included a timed mile swim. Still haven't gotten to the open water, but maybe this week.
  • MikePfirrman
    Did something different today. 18 holes of golf with the wife and daughter. Probably walked 8 or so miles during it, even with a cart. Lots and lots of walking to find their balls. They are newer to golf.
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Boot camp completed today morning - probably badminton in the evening.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    Yoga
    Sun Salutations (15m)

Handstand Wall Holds - 35-35-35-30-30s (2m45s)
    Hollow Body Holds - 35-35-35-30-30s (2m45s)
    Pull-ups - 8-8-8-7-7r (38r)
    Ring Dips - 8-8-8-7-7r (38r)
    Jumprope - 45s on 15s off x 8r (6m)
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I am now on a bit of a tour of the South coast to get some dives in. The weather has been dreadful, but we got 2 on Saturday; 1 yesterday and 2' today.

The trip was scheduled to end on Friday, but we may carry on until Monday (which is a Bank holiday in England.)

We drive for 4 hours for today's dives, to get to somewhere sheltered the strong Westerlies.
  • MikePfirrman
    Hard workout day today. Supersetting for 35 minutes, then doing 500m rowing machine intervals. 800 calories on the hour. Set up the heavy rope today for the weight part of the session. Really drove the HR up nicely. Was hitting 90% of max on the last five weight supersets.
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    I attempted to do a leg workout but got so weak I left the gym.....turns out I have a UTI :(
    This makes me extremely sad as I have not lifted for a week and probably wont for another week.
  • VonHocker08
    VonHocker08 Posts: 26 Member
    My workout so far today was walking two miles, later this evening I will be doing a circuit training video on YouTube. Nothing crazy but better than nothing. Lol
  • AnnPT77
    * Rowed bow in the double 7864m (went upstream again to see the baby swan fluffkins before the weeds get too thick to tolerate, which is happening fast)
    * Walked 5.25mi at 3.4mph. For variety, walked on a walk/bike trail at a park on the same side of town as the park where the rowing club is, with a nice mostly-wooded trail. I gawked more, took photos, even took an extended water break because it was too. hot. too. humid.)
    * Strength trained 34'.