What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• RegroupResetGoAgain
    RegroupResetGoAgain Posts: 13 Member
    Just started the Mens Fitness 8 week body transformation so a little basic today but throw in some cardio later tonight and it should be a good start. Good luck to anyone starting out , you have got this!!!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    This is a reduced volume week for me before the final three week push to race week.

Yesterday was my rest day. This morning I switched up my typical trainer ride by joining a spin class taught by a friend. It was fun to see some friends and spend an hour spinning with a group.
    Just started the Mens Fitness 8 week body transformation so a little basic today but throw in some cardio later tonight and it should be a good start. Good luck to anyone starting out , you have got this!!!

Congrats on beginning a new program. Starting an 8 week program is a great way to begin (re)building fitness habits. Best of luck!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yoga
    Sun Salutations (15m)

Strength:
    Handstand Pushups (wall assisted...) - 1-1-1-1-1r (5r)
    Pull-ups - 8-8-7-7-7r (37r)
    Ring Dips - 8-8-7-7-7r (37r)

Core: Vacuums
    6x20s (2m)
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Bootcamp today morning and probably a walk or run in the evening
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    An hour of easy cardio. 34 minutes or so on the rowing machine outside on the deck (93 at lunch) and then 30 on the LateralX indoors in the A/C. All at 70% of less of max HR.

Tonight is Vinyasa rooftop Yoga. The instructor that I like is back tonight. Makes it much more enjoyable (or at least a lot more tolerable!).
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Goal was a slow 4k, about 1-2min/km slower than the target pace for my training plan. Well... I ran 0.03min/km faster than target 10k pace. Looks like my brains didn't get the briefing as I'm just so bloody restless at the moment. Mind you, I've not run that fast in probably close to 4 years. So I count it as a success. No idea though what this will do with my electronic running plan in the coming days and weeks.
  • RegroupResetGoAgain
    Djproulx wrote: »
    This is a reduced volume week for me before the final three week push to race week.

Yesterday was my rest day. This morning I switched up my typical trainer ride by joining a spin class taught by a friend. It was fun to see some friends and spend an hour spinning with a group.

Congrats on beginning a new program. Starting an 8 week program is a great way to begin (re)building fitness habits. Best of luck!

Thank you, there have been "false starts" before but this time feels different, being here and seeing so many others is truly inspiring as well :)
  • Djproulx
    Swim day today. 2400yds starting with warmup, drills, (kick, pull, scull, etc) then into 10 x 100 smooth paced main set. Enjoying the step back week so far. :)
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    yoga and jumprope...
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    boot camp in the morning.. will take an evening stroll...
  • yirara
    70 minutes bodyweight working, according to Reddit Recommended Routine. I'm finally able to do pushups again. Kind of as I only manage three in a row, and can't go all the way down with the arms. Actually, quite impressed with my Garmin watch, which gave me 170 calories, compared to 400ish with my old Fitbit. This might still be a bit too high, given the pauses, but not bad overall.
  • MikePfirrman
    Did 30 minutes of rowing machine, then 20 more of the Assault Bike. All easy stuff, but I have a really annoying blister developing on my right hand. I do not need that when I'm set to attempt a half marathon on the rower (not very confident, I know!). I do have gloves, but I hate using gloves on the rower. Just makes it where the handle doesn't easily slide between your fingers/hands. I'd rather row with calluses.

I'm starting to think I have an easier time with this AZ heat than my C2 rower handle does. Seems to melt a bit every Summer.
  • RegroupResetGoAgain
    soccer training and core workout , loved every second of both :smile:
  • MikePfirrman
    Did an hour of cardio. 30 on the rower, then 30 on the on the LateralX. Too hard for an easy day, I'll likely pay for that later this week.

Tonight is golf league night. 2 1/2 hours of finding my wife's golf ball :D
  • yirara
    6.44km slow run for my 10k timed running plan. So far so good.
  • Djproulx
    Tonight is golf league night. 2 1/2 hours of finding my wife's golf ball :D

LOL, I"ve been there!!

Easy 55 minute run tonight. I love recovery weeks.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,023 Member
    Been taking it easy for a few days, partly weather, partly general recovery, partly experimenting to see whether a quad/hip kind of discomfort I've been having is likely muscle/connective tissue temporary/adaptive stuff, or some new wrinkle in arthritis or impingement or something. So, just minor stuff:

Tu, Th - around 30-40 yoga - stretch - foam roll.
    W - lift.

No row/exercise walk/cycle. Weather's looking iffy for outdoor exercise tomorrow, like it was Wednesday, but I do have indoor options depending on how I feel. Will for sure row if the weather's adequate.
  • Djproulx
    edited May 2021
    Swim session this morning. 2400 yds, starting with warmup 200, some fist drills, then into 2 rounds of 6 x100's, with 15 sec recovery. Goal was to start @ moderate pace, then build to fast pace by the third 100 of each round. Finished with some pulling work using paddles/buoy.

Lots of rain in the forecast. Hoping it clears enough to ride outdoors tomorrow, rather than on the bike trainer.
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    20 min stairmaster (100 floors)
    3x10 leg press - 130 lb
    3x20 jack knife
    3x20 bridges
    3x20 Med ball twist
    3x12 lunges - 12.5 lb
    26 min swim (1000 yards - 40lengths)

Wanted to swim longer but needed to get to work :(
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,960 Member
    Today is "pull" day lifting...pullups, BB rows, DB rows, etc. Big change will be doing it AFTER a day at the office, where my preferred is in the morning right after waking up, but due to my new desk job that's rarely going to be an option moving forward unless I get up obscenely early, which I can do every now and then but not as a normal way of life moving forward for the rest of my life.