May 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

1232425262729»

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Congrats @skippygirlsmom that is really impressive!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,970 Member
    @rheddmobile I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope things will start looking up for you soon.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,954 Member
    Oh NO @rheddmobile ! That's horrible. I'm glad the lady is going to be okay, but you need a good break here soon. I hope you get it.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    OMG @rheddmobile that is crazy! I hope you can find some other consistently reliable help and that your mom can settle into a routine!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Biggest hugs @rheddmobile
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    @rheddmobile I'm so sorry to hear this. All the hugs and thoughts sent to you. I wish we could all take a shift and help out to give you a break.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,433 Member
    @rheddmobile sorry for what you are going through. Hugs <3

6.2 miles to start off June. It has been raining since Friday, so quite surprised it wasn't raining this morning, so was able to run outside. It was better than the treadmill, but still felt like a slog.

exercise.png
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Before I fell I signed up for a HM each month challenge. Today I did the first one I could, which was May. I had a goal of the first 8 miles in under 2 hours, it was 1:58, I figured I’d be toast by then so before I started I said I’d be good with 4 hours figuring I’d walk the last 5. I actually finished in 3:22. I ran anywhere from 1/3 of a mile each mile to the whole mile. I was so excited. Ankle felt good the whole time. I’m just tired.

Amazing comeback!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    @rheddmobile Hugs and prayers for you and your mom.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Before I fell I signed up for a HM each month challenge. Today I did the first one I could, which was May. I had a goal of the first 8 miles in under 2 hours, it was 1:58, I figured I’d be toast by then so before I started I said I’d be good with 4 hours figuring I’d walk the last 5. I actually finished in 3:22. I ran anywhere from 1/3 of a mile each mile to the whole mile. I was so excited. Ankle felt good the whole time. I’m just tired.

Amazing comeback!

I somehow missed your post @skippygirlsmom. Congratulations, that's fantastic!!!! Such amazing progress and I'm so happy for you!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Teresa502 wrote: »

Amazing comeback!

Am very far behind so reading back to catch up but this is fabulous news. Well done @skippygirlsmom x
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    I made my modified goal which is to not give up and keep running. Life is kicking my *kitten* though. My mom is needing 24/7 care. The new thing is we got a lady to stay with my mom overnight so we could get some sleep, and the lady had a heart attack on the third night! She’s going to be fine but we are back to no help, and my mom was severely panicked by an ambulance outside in the middle of the night when she had no idea what was going on. Geez what are the odds.

I’m so sorry. Sending love and strength @rheddmobile x
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,954 Member
    Glad to see you are doing so well @Faebert! Great running and workouts.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Thank you so much @Faebert great job passing goal, see you in the June thread