May 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,350 Member
    @shanaber Glad you had one good run. Hope getting the PT exercises done will improve things for tomorrow.

Great run @Scott6255 !

I had great plans for today, but they have been waylaid by daycare desperately needing a sub. I'm not going in until noon, but have to take mom to get some plants for her garden this morning, so will have to run (if I do) after I get home this evening. We'll see.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    5/2 - 5.66 mile 82 min easy effort
    5/3 - 2.11 mile 30 min easy effort
    5/4 - 2.15 mile 30 min easy effort
    5/5 - 1.66 mile 20 min stamina effort
    5/6 - 2.19 mile 30 min easy effort
    5/7 - 2.17 mile 30 min easy effort
    5/9 - 4.15 mile 60 min easy effort
    5/10 - 3.46 mile 48 min easy effort
    5/11 - 3.47 mile 48 min easy effort
    5/12 - 2.61 mile 32 min stamina effort
    5/13 - 3.45 mile 48 min easy effort
    5/17 - 3.20 mile 45 min easy effort
    5/18 - 3.25 mile 45 min easy effort
    5/19 - 2.36 mile 30 min (15 tempo, 15 easy)
    5/20 - 3.20 mile 45 min easy effort

May total: 45.09 miles
    May goal: 95 miles
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,423 Member
    @skippygirlsmom - so Skip being 21 made me start thinking about when I first joined the challenge. The earliest page I can still get to is October 2014 and it was before that (I started running in 2011). It was interesting/sad to see some of the names who were so active for so long... @LoneWolfRunner, @CodeMonkey78, @Runningmischka and so many others! Wonder what you all are doing these days - still running? @Runningmischka daughter must be growing up too!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,262 Member
    So sorry to hear about your mom @rheddmobile.

Welcome @yirara!

@shanaber Free shoes! Awesome! Like @scott6255 I usually doubt the prize is real.

@WhatMeRunning I hear you on the humidity. It just saps me completely.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,262 Member

One thing I would like to ask is if anyone gets pain between their shoulder blades upper back below the neck on longer runs. I try to be very aware of my posture but this is something which really just started as i upped my mileage this year. I am getting my first massage in years this weekend so I am hopeful they can unkink it some. It doesn't happy with shorter runs and I can lie flat and stretch it out. I am terrified of becoming that hump back elderly person which happened to both my parents and hope my bones are not disintegrating there.

Summer

I get this sometimes on longer runs and mine is 100% posture/muscle fatigue. Over a long run I usually have to tell myself to stand up straight a few times. I just sort of slouch over as I get tired. Also, I noticed some of my sports bras are worse for this. Wider straps and less of a strict racerback seem to help me. Ones that come in tight across my upper shoulders into a thin racerback seems to put pressure in the wrong places and make by neck and shoulders hurt.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    @shanaber I've been on MFP since 2013. I think on the running threads since Skip was about 15. Crazy how the time passes.