May 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning I feel you on the spiderwebs! I hate them too.

@polskagirl01 I can do that stretch but my problem right knee doesn't like it so I don't do it anymore. I have always been pretty flexible though.

@quilteryoyo I second the amazement at how well your recovery is going. Good job!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Woke up thinking maybe I could run, but then got out of bed and nope. So basically a little 16.5k mountain run on Monday gave me marathon-level DOMS. I feel really out of shape, but realize I'm probably actually just fine.

Also the restrictions that were supposed to be lifted got pushed back and the road HM that was "definitely happening on the 22nd" got postponed to who-knows-when. I'm not sure anyone was really expecting that race to happen anyway.

Look on the bright side. At least you were able to get out of bed.

Absolutely! And a few minutes ago I went up and down the stairs without taking one step at a time 🙂
  • pfeiferlindsey
    pfeiferlindsey Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

In for another 100 miles this month. Stretch goal will be 110 miles, but have a lot planned this month, so we'll see if I can squeak that out.

May 1 - 3.09 miles

Total for May - 3.09 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 96.91 miles
    Morning all!

In for another 100 miles this month. Stretch goal will be 110 miles, but have a lot planned this month, so we'll see if I can squeak that out.

May 1 - 3.09 miles

Total for May - 3.09 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 96.91 miles

Ha, I should have waited until after my run to post everything, but oh well.

May 2 - 6.43 miles
    Total for May - 9.52 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 90.48 miles

Miss a day and you miss so much!!

@quilteryoyo - You totally got it! Look forward to hearing all about the training and experience. :smiley:

May 4 - 5.11 miles
    Total for May - 14.63 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 85.37 miles

Yesterday in a t-shirt, this morning in long sleeves and probably should have worn gloves. Come on warmer weather!

May 5 -4.47 miles
    Total for May - 19.1 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to Go - 80.9 miles

@martaindale - I promise you I want that sweet spot of not needing gloves/tights/long sleeves but not hot and humid.

Took my speed work to the track today. Five, four minute tempo intervals with recovery in between. Felt really good.

May 6 - 3.61 miles
    Total for May - 22.71 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 77.29 miles

May 7 - 3.13 miles
    Total for May -25.84 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 74.16 miles
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart Thanks for sharing pictures of your part of the country. The bluebonnets are really pretty. Glad you got yourself out the door and had a nice run.

@Tramboman Hope your legs don't rebel too much. Nice treadmill running for you lately. I hope your weather improves soon so you can get back outside.
  • swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Monthly Question?

When you fall off the wagon, how do you recover?

Vacation plans this summer/season?

What is your favorite non-running related hobby?