May 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,052 Member
    @eleanorhawkins and @polskagirl01 – Hills on trails terrify me. I am so worried about losing control. Usually I just walk down when it gets too steep. Luckily most of the trail races around here are relatively flat.

@quilteryoyo – I would flip out if I saw either of those in my house! Here it is snake season and we have come across a couple of copperheads in our neighborhood. That has me scanning the sidewalks like crazy for the rest of a run.

@katharmonic – beautiful hiking pics

@skippygirlsmom – So happy you were cleared to run! Seems like your recovery is going really well.

@pfeiferlindsey – What is this blasphemy about wanting warm weather!?! Noooooo!!!!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited May 2021
    @polskagirl01 I hope those DOMS go away quickly. Sounds painful.

WHAT? @Tramboman ! You actually enjoyed the treadmill?! Great running.

@Teresa502 Sorry about the rain. I find it helps pass the time on the treadmill to watch some inane TV show and/or to vary the speed every 2 - 5 minutes. At least, that helps me.

@juliet3455 Sounds like you are doing great!

@WhatMeRunning Yay for seeing results from your 6 weeks of base build up.

Yay for such a nice run @SummerSkier !

@martaindale Great attitude. Giving yourself grace is important. You're right, you aren't going to lose any fitness in 2 days.

Nice @RunsOnEspresso ! Sounds like your getting in that training mode quickly!
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    5.3 mile run at Running Club this evening, first time back in Club for over the year since Covid started. Good to be back, seeing others and running in a social distance way.

May cumulative:
    17.2/100 miles
    2,173/10,000 feet of elevation
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,430 Member
    garygse wrote: »
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Re: location of the thread
    I attempted to delete the discussion the discussion I started (in the wrong location) several times, but it is still there. So I renamed it to "This is the WRONG May 2021 Monthly Running Challenge", and the only thing in the body is the link to the correct location. I see it is tagged as "Closed" now, so hopefully no one else will be able to post there.

@Scott6255 it's gone now, I still had an old link and tried it.
    Yeah, I snuck in and deleted it...figured no one would mind!

Thanks for being my guardian angel @garygse 😉
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    @polskagirl01 I hope those DOMS go away quickly. Sounds painful.

WHAT? @Tramboman ! You actually enjoyed the treadmill?! Great running.

@Teresa502 Sorry about the rain. I find it helps pass the time on the treadmill to watch some inane TV show and/or to vary the speed every 2 - 5 minutes. At least, that helps me.

@juliet3455 Sounds like you are doing great!

@WhatMeRunning Yay for seeing results from your 6 weeks of base build up.

Yay for such a nice run @SummerSkier !

@martaindale Great attitude. Giving yourself grace is important. You're right, you aren't going to lose any fitness in 2 days.

Nice @RunsOnEspresso ! Sounds like your getting in that training mode quickly!

You're too funny!!!!
    What's not to like? Especially when it's raining?
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    garygse wrote: »
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Re: location of the thread
    I attempted to delete the discussion the discussion I started (in the wrong location) several times, but it is still there. So I renamed it to "This is the WRONG May 2021 Monthly Running Challenge", and the only thing in the body is the link to the correct location. I see it is tagged as "Closed" now, so hopefully no one else will be able to post there.

@Scott6255 it's gone now, I still had an old link and tried it.
    Yeah, I snuck in and deleted it...figured no one would mind!

Thanks for being my guardian angel @garygse 😉

You set up next month. I feel like I stole your thunder
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,430 Member
    No thanks @Avidkeo, I have no desire to be in the spotlight again.

@shanaber so sorry that you reinjured your hamstring!
  • pfeiferlindsey
    pfeiferlindsey Posts: 163 Member
    Morning all!

In for another 100 miles this month. Stretch goal will be 110 miles, but have a lot planned this month, so we'll see if I can squeak that out.

May 1 - 3.09 miles

Total for May - 3.09 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 96.91 miles
    Morning all!

In for another 100 miles this month. Stretch goal will be 110 miles, but have a lot planned this month, so we'll see if I can squeak that out.

May 1 - 3.09 miles

Total for May - 3.09 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 96.91 miles

Ha, I should have waited until after my run to post everything, but oh well.

May 2 - 6.43 miles
    Total for May - 9.52 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 90.48 miles

Miss a day and you miss so much!!

@quilteryoyo - You totally got it! Look forward to hearing all about the training and experience. :smiley:

May 4 - 5.11 miles
    Total for May - 14.63 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 85.37 miles

Yesterday in a t-shirt, this morning in long sleeves and probably should have worn gloves. Come on warmer weather!

May 5 -4.47 miles
    Total for May - 19.1 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to Go - 80.9 miles

@martaindale - I promise you I want that sweet spot of not needing gloves/tights/long sleeves but not hot and humid.

Took my speed work to the track today. Five, four minute tempo intervals with recovery in between. Felt really good.

May 6 - 3.61 miles
    Total for May - 22.71 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 77.29 miles
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,948 Member
    @sweetdaisy13 Glad you are able to get back with your running club.

@katharmonic Great job on getting out and running even when you would rather curl up on the couch. Did you feel more energetic afterwards?

Nice running @kgirlhart and @Scott6255 !

@shanaber Glad your fall didn't make your hamstring worse. I hope it is feeling better today.

I wasn't supposed to work today, but they need me. I guess it's nice to be needed. However, I had signed up for a 4 mile run for charity that has to be run either today or tomorrow. I'm working all day tomorrow, so the plan was to run it today and add 2 miles so I could get my long run in for the week. I'm sticking with that plan and told them that I would be in after I got finished. Heading out in a few minutes for the run.