May 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Congrats on getting to enjoy such great weather for a run this late in the Spring in TX @SummerSkier

Excellent intervals @RunsOnEspresso and @pfeiferlindsey

Glad to hear your Running Club is back together @sweetdaisy13

Wow! Is that THE @garygse ??? We have a sighting! Great to see you post again.

Nice 5k sleep-running @katharmonic! :lol:

@kgirlhart I have to wonder what that possum was up to, I've never seen one that was anything but terrified to be around people. Skunks are the only critter on the trails that actually worry me. I'll take coyotes over skunks any day. Although I also dislike running through spider webs. I think it's skunk, spider web, coyote in that order for me peronally. Notice I didn't say spiders. They typically don't want anything to do with me even after running right through some humongous web. But those damn webs!!! :grimace::grimace::grimace::grimace::grimace:

@shanaber I hope that hamstring was not reinjured too badly and you make a full, permanent recovery soon! Sounds encouraging from the nice hike you were able to take on that horse trail.

Way to keep yourself going and get that run in @Scott6255

@martaindale your copperhead story reminds me that I actually fear copperheads and tree rattlesnakes on our trails more than skunks, spider webs and coyotes. I very rarely see them here though, despite them being prevalent.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    5/2 - 5.66 mile 82 min easy effort
    5/3 - 2.11 mile 30 min easy effort
    5/4 - 2.15 mile 30 min easy effort
    5/5 - 1.66 mile 20 min stamina effort
    5/6 - 2.19 mile 30 min easy effort

May total: 13.77 miles
    May goal: 95 miles
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    I'm still really sore. Better than yesterday, but still hobbling around... rode my bike to pick up packages and it was pretty uncomfortable - definitely not a day for any further workouts, other than my PT stretches. I'm seeing improvements with the stretches. But not this one:
    d8k290crbwwa.jpg
    Can anyone do this?
    It's one of the "extra" stretches the physio sent, rather than the main targeted stuff I need to do. So probably not a huge deal.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm still really sore. Better than yesterday, but still hobbling around... rode my bike to pick up packages and it was pretty uncomfortable - definitely not a day for any further workouts, other than my PT stretches. I'm seeing improvements with the stretches. But not this one:
    d8k290crbwwa.jpg
    Can anyone do this?
    It's one of the "extra" stretches the physio sent, rather than the main targeted stuff I need to do. So probably not a huge deal.

I think I could do that one if I cut my legs off at the knees.
    I do that stretch with legs extended to loosen my lower back.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    d8k290crbwwa.jpg
    Can anyone do this?

I actually really like that stretch, but you have to ease into it very carefully and gradually. I started out by sticking a yoga block under my backside to make it less intense until my knees learned to like it.
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    edited May 2021
    9 mile trail run this evening, average pace of 10:37 min per mile and 1,478 feet of elevation.

May cumulative:
    26.2/100 miles
    3,652/10,000 feet of elevation
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,646 Member
    d8k290crbwwa.jpg
    Can anyone do this?

That's my party trick. For some reason I've always been able to do this stretch and was amazed when my yoga teacher couldn't but could do all sorts of other amazing bendy stuff. You can always do it one leg at a time, also, going flat on your back like that is the advanced version, nothing wrong with propping yourself up on your hands or forearms. Apparently, hyper stretching your knees like that is really good for them - kinda counter intuitive as it's a pretty extreme bend.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    @quilteryoyo well done! It's such an inspiration to see how you've bounced back from your op.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,954 Member
    Thanks @eleanorhawkins !