Options

Replies

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    Received an email the other day.

"On behalf of the United States Running Streak Association (USRSA), I want to congratulate you on completing 3 years of your current running streak! Great job! We would love to include an update on you and your running in our next newsletter of The Streak Registry."
    https://www.runeveryday.com/

5/1 13.29 miles
    5/2 13.24 miles
    5/3 13.52 miles
    5/4 13.42 miles, 1100 Days on the run, 282 days HM+ streak
    5/5 13.22 miles
    5/6 13.56 miles
    5/7 13.49 miles
    5/8 13.31 miles

That 282 days of HM+ is what gets me! Excellent work.

ETA: oops, make that 286
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,389 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Monthly Question?

When you fall off the wagon, how do you recover?
    I have been kicked off the wagon a few times with injury but never really fallen off willingly for more than a couple of days. When I have been injured my biggest issue has been trying to come back too soon, too fast and sometimes end up extending my recovery, thinking I can run or run further/faster when I really shouldn't be. Logically I know this but sometimes I convince myself that it is ok, because I really want to run and not just walk.
    When I get unmotivated, I take rest days and then Hobbes the Vizsla will get me out for a 'walk' and it usually takes care of itself. I love being out with him and he loves to run.

Vacation plans this summer/season?
    We have plans to get together with friends to celebrate a milestone birthday but ended up postponing until October because it fits everyone's schedule better and the AirBNB/hotel rates will be lower. My hubby and I also have plans to go away somewhere (undetermined so far) for our anniversary in July. We are also planning a road trip to Yellowstone, Boise and maybe Seattle to see our daughter, in September. Our daughter is coming home in June for a visit. We haven't seen her since early January 2020. She is a frontline worker and didn't want to chance a visit with us and didn't have a lot of time to visit with us.

What is your favorite non-running related hobby?
    I have mentioned Hobbes the Vizsla often and he is my favorite hobby. We run agility together and it is so much fun training and teaching him on more and more difficult courses. He loves it and it is challenging for both of us.

ETA - @martaindale just saw that you are planning Yellowstone and the Tetons as well this summer! Have you been before? I grew up in Idaho and my dad worked in the Tetons (St Anthony area) for several years. He loved to take us there and explain all the geologic wonders. My husband has always wanted to go so we are making plans now and I can't wait!
  • shanaber
    Options
    @avidkeo - love the pallet playhouse! What a great idea!
    @quilteryoyo, @rheddmobile, @kgirlhart and others who have posted pictures of places near them that we are passing in our Run the World trip, you are showing me that I need to get ready for when yo all come by here! Love seeing all the interesting spots in your neck of the woods!
    @katharmonic - love that your favorite hobby is happy hour outside on a nice day 😊
    @AlphaHowls - 3 year running streak! Great work! How many total miles are you up to now for that streak?
    @rheddmobile - hope you both are feeling better soon! Maybe as you adjust to the hotter temps and humidity you will feel better.
    @SummerSkier - I have heard the no running after a THR as well as with a knee replacement but I also have friends who have had them who are just as active as before. I do think you need to have a sports medicine preferably runner doctor because they get it. I will eventually need a knee replacement because of a knee injury that now has post-traumatic arthritis. I certainly hope I will still be able to run with it, assuming that I am still running but that time (I hope so!).
    @pfeiferlindsey - great work on your double digit run!

Thinking about @rheddmobile's weather and dew point made me think about the dew point chart and how the heat and humidity can affect us. I think someone else mentioned posting the dew point chart so here it is. Also if you want to read more about it and how it affects your running, you can see the article here

xcqqzuorx7h3.png
  • shanaber
    Options
    @AlphaHowls - WOW! Just WOW!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Oh @quilteryoyo so sorry you are feeling ill. Hope it passes soon!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls I'm also in awe of your amazing streak and high mileage. I had no idea there was a United States Running Streak Association. I know you run through a lot of adversity and I give you all the credit for that too. After completing a one-year streak myself, but with nowhere near the mileage you get, I can only continue to say wow and keep sending you the best wishes for continued health and running.

@quilteryoyo I'm sorry your streak is ending. You'll beat it! Hope you feel better soon.

@shanaber cool swag. That does look like a nice jacket! Thanks for sharing the dew point table. I think that bottom row is a bit contradicting though - running is not recommend, but "just run" :)

@martaindale your summer plans sound awesome. Will you be rock climbing on those trips?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,975 Member
    Options
    May Goal: 100 Miles

5/2: 9.75 miles
    5/4: 5.52 miles
    5/5: 5.30 miles
    5/7: 5.26 miles
    5/9: 10.03 miles

35.86/100  miles completed for May

I had a pretty good 10 mile run this morning.  I thought it might suck, but overall it was pretty good.  I wanted to get up early,  but I didn't so I was worried that it would be too hot. But I got dressed and went outside.  It was 72°F, but there was enough cloud cover and wind to keep it from being brutal.  I swallowed a bug early in the run and at about 7 miles in I really needed to use the bathroom so I stopped at a convenience store and use their restroom.  I have never had to do that before. 

exercise.png

2021 Races:
    4/24/21: Run For The Children 10K PR 55:46:28.
    11/6/21: Run For 57th AHC Half Marathon