May 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile Glad you are okay, except for the knee. I hope that resolves itself soon. Yay on the ab roller and the racoons. Their babies are really cute! Enjoy watching them grow. They are calling for storms here too, but I think it's mostly the scattered afternoon "summer" type storms they always call for when it heats up and there's humidity. Hit or miss.

Glad you are getting back on track @Faebert . Sounds like you are doing great so far this month. It's really hard when life throws all it has at you.

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    @rheddmobile Glad you are okay, except for the knee. I hope that resolves itself soon. Yay on the ab roller and the racoons. Their babies are really cute! Enjoy watching them grow. They are calling for storms here too, but I think it's mostly the scattered afternoon "summer" type storms they always call for when it heats up and there's humidity. Hit or miss.

Glad you are getting back on track @Faebert . Sounds like you are doing great so far this month. It's really hard when life throws all it has at you.

• pfeiferlindsey
    pfeiferlindsey Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

In for another 100 miles this month. Stretch goal will be 110 miles, but have a lot planned this month, so we'll see if I can squeak that out.

May 1 - 3.09 miles

Total for May - 3.09 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 96.91 miles
    Morning all!

In for another 100 miles this month. Stretch goal will be 110 miles, but have a lot planned this month, so we'll see if I can squeak that out.

May 1 - 3.09 miles

Total for May - 3.09 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 96.91 miles

Ha, I should have waited until after my run to post everything, but oh well.

May 2 - 6.43 miles
    Total for May - 9.52 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 90.48 miles

Miss a day and you miss so much!!

@quilteryoyo - You totally got it! Look forward to hearing all about the training and experience. :smiley:

May 4 - 5.11 miles
    Total for May - 14.63 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 85.37 miles

Yesterday in a t-shirt, this morning in long sleeves and probably should have worn gloves. Come on warmer weather!

May 5 -4.47 miles
    Total for May - 19.1 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to Go - 80.9 miles

@martaindale - I promise you I want that sweet spot of not needing gloves/tights/long sleeves but not hot and humid.

Took my speed work to the track today. Five, four minute tempo intervals with recovery in between. Felt really good.

May 6 - 3.61 miles
    Total for May - 22.71 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 77.29 miles

May 7 - 3.13 miles
    Total for May -25.84 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 74.16 miles

First double digit run in over a year!!

May 9 - 10.04 miles
    Total for May - 35.88 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 64.12 miles

Just an easy 10K to start the day.

May 11 - 6.28 miles
    Total for May - 42.16 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 57.84 miles

Had another opportunity to run with my husband today and really enjoyed it as we don't get to do it often.

May 12-4.36 miles
    Total for May - 46.52 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 53.48 miles

May 13 - 3.11 miles
    Total for May - 49.63 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to Go - 50.37 miles

May 15 - 6.22 miles
    Total for May - 55.85 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 44.15 miles
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    So many great pictures. I love seeing where you all run!

@martaindale oh my, some poor girl lost her doll out there, never came back for it, and now it's creepy.

I'll try to update later, after the race... 3 1/2 hr to go, and it's now raining (forecast says rain all through next week). I switched out some of my clothing choices I had laid out, and am gonna take a little nap :)
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @quilteryoyo @polskagirl01 The doll was super creepy but somehow also seemed completely expected on a trail.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo @polskagirl01 The doll was super creepy but somehow also seemed completely expected on a trail.
    Some friends and I once came across an old Russian cemetery in an area where the Russians had left MANY years ago... in addition to the whole place being only minimally kept up and generally creepy, someone had placed a doll on a child's grave, and over the years it had deteriorated very badly. We didn't stick around (and not just because of the doll).
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    5/1 - 3.14
    5/2 - 3.34
    5/4 – 3.22
    5/6 – 3.11
    5/9 – 3.27
    5/11 – 3.2
    5/12 – 1.11 walking pups
    5/13 – 3.26
    5/14 – 1.30 walking pups
    5/14 – 1.52 hike with Champ

26.47 of 50 miles

TLDR: did a slow hike/climb with nothing but rocks and survived

I took the pups for a walk yesterday around the neighborhood because I wanted to head up to the trails, none of my friend were around (Skip was at work) so I took Champ and went to a trail head about 5 miles from my house. It’s maybe a total of 3 miles if you do all the trails, I’ve never been there before and evidently picked the wrong trails ha ha. There was very little dirt and it really like hiking on rock, but lots of down down down to have to climb back up. That would have been fine if I didn’t have Champ on a leash and if I felt more confident in my ankle. It took me almost 90 minutes to go 1.5 miles and Garmin says I was actually moving about an hour (I got lost 3 times – honestly people where are the blazes on the trees). Luckily I had maplets so I was able to get back on course. At times I just let Champ go so he could climb ahead of me because the leash wasn’t long end for him to find footing while attached to me. Those who don’t know Champ’s story he came to me as a runaway from a house on the next street, they couldn’t get him to stay he would actually jump out windows to escape. Luckily I got a good chance to test his recall, he would wait for me when I told him to wait and come back when I called him if he got a little ahead. Afterwards I talked to a friend who goes there a lot and she said OMG why did you go on the trail it’s so hard. Ha ha after looking at maplets after I started up it, no *kitten* I was crossing all the lines. But the good thing is my ankle was talking to me while out there, I slipped a few times and it scared the life out of me, honestly at one point I wanted to cry, but I’m back on the trail after my fall for the first time and I’m happy. Today my friend Amanda and I are going to Monte Sano where I normally trail run, she is just getting back into running after a few months off so we’ll be doing a combo of walking and running.
    This was the start and the flattest part

llr5cfujii2i.jpg

pggiyi429opl.jpg

udd4ji80d5ek.jpg

Thank you @Faebert glad to see you back in the swing of it

@sanaber I have always wanted to go to Joshua Tree it looks beautiful.

@Avidkeo glad you are feeling good enough to get an easy run in

Thank you @quilteryoyo be careful you don’t overdo. I didn’t cut my lawn before I went to get Skip because it kept raining, then it rained when we got home I finally did it on Tuesday I think and I have to cut the back twice.

@martaindale cool pictures

Races:
    November 14 – Battleship 12K

I think you’re very brave getting out there after your fall! I’m glad it ended up being a confidence builder.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning Probably smart to forego running in the rain, or maybe running at all, until it is cleared up. Hope that happens quickly!