WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,742 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies,
    I did take a nap.. feel a bit better.. didnt take a long one but a short one,
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,955 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    :)janetr it is delightful to have you back with us. :'( sorry to hear about family troubles

203sez4fh7pi.jpg

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: Your “new to you” loveseat is charming. The rug catches my eye. I love beautiful rugs, and yours is lovely. :star:

Lisa: I love the looks of your home. Beautiful!!! :heart:

Barbie: Black Iris are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the photograph. :flowerforyou:

I had my first yoga class in ages this morning. It was delightful to be led by my favorite teacher and in the company of class members that I have known for several years. The pandemic kept us apart for more than a year and it was especially good today to see longtime classmates that I have been missing.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,742 Member
    Options
    Picked Dan up and talked to Jim who will be closing on the condo Friday ,doing a walk through tomorrow afternoon to make sure all in working order..he will text me to come with if need be..
    I heard a very disturbing story and will have to ask one of the other people that was with this other person to find out if the story holds up..
    All i know is ill be locking my doors from now on.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie: Locking your doors is a sensible choice. I hope things go well for everyone in your community. 🌺
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    B)
  • LisaKinVA
    LisaKinVA Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Checking in for the day. I probably won't be around much tomorrow, as I'm heading to my folks' house.

Hanging in there ... still working hard at not obsessing over every detail related to this journey. Looking forward to one day having the ability to eat more intuitively. One month of my three-month test is complete. I'm down 8 pounds, and have lost 2" in my waist, and another 2" in my hips, and 1/4" in my neck. It has not been an easy month by any means. A bit less stressful than the more drastic diets I've done in the past -- but still a long, long way from my end goal. The mental health aspects are perhaps my biggest challenge. My non-scale victory this month is being able to wear my large-size t-shirts without them being tight. They aren't baggy -- but they fit properly. My XLs are now on the more baggy side.

This is the transition month. My activity level will be increasing significantly. My schedule gets a bit more complicated. And my supplements change a bit, too. I have two more weeks of Vit D supplements (my levels were pretty low). In 3 weeks, I'll be outside for about 3 hours a day in the morning. I need to add some specific exercise to my daily routine, and am thinking about doing some Darebee challenges -- or getting back into TRX. I just need to find the internal motivation. And, I also need to keep it reasonable -- something I can maintain long term.

My big test will be the week of August 9th -- which is when my labs are re-done, and I meet with my doctor to see if anything has improved. I hope to see something positive when that blood work comes back! I can't help but be a bit pessimistic. This goes back to a time where I was "doing everything right" but my numbers were bad -- and the doctor just said "you need to eat less and exercise more." Despite following the prescribed diet, having lost 40 pounds, being under 20% body fat, and exercising 2-3 hours a day. I was crushed. The very low-fat, low-calorie diet I was on was not sustainable. The level of exercise was not sustainable. And when my metabolic issues were no better, and the doctor so wholly unhelpful, I didn't know what to do. I am pretty certain my A1C will be way down. Hoping for positive changes in my cholesterol. Everything may not be "fixed" -- but if things are generally moving in the right direction, I think I will be satisfied and motivated to keep going. It may take me a year to get everything closer to where it needs to be.

It's really hard to think that despite all of the hard work, by the time this test rolls around, I may be just under 200 pounds. I know in my head that losing weight slowly -- very slowly -- even will make it more sustainable in the long term. But I have 40 years of losing weight quickly (and putting it back on even faster). That mental conditioning is hard to overcome, you know?

My supplements for this month:

Psyllium Husk -- 24-30g per day
    Berberine - 2,000mg per day
    Krill Oil -- 3,000mg per day
    Vitamin E -- 800mg per day
    Magnesium Taurate -- 1,200mg per day
    Niacin -- 50mg per day (increasing to 100mg per day if I tolerate the 50mg well)
    Vitamin D2 -- 10,000 IU/week, prescribed (2 more weeks)
    Vitamin D3 -- 5,000 IU other 6 days (2 more weeks)
    Vitamin K2 -- 150mcg per day (2 more weeks)
    Resistant Starch (green banana/potato starch) 3 Tablespoons per day

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)janetr it is delightful to have you back with us. :'( sorry to hear about family troubles

203sez4fh7pi.jpg

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Thank you so much, Barbie. Your iris is absolutely gorgeous. My iris are long gone.

Janetr OKX
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Trying to get cataract surgery and having to go through several procedures before I can get it. It will probably be September/October before I am finally ready. So disappointed! ;)

Carol in GA

Oh my goodness, Carol, that does seem like a VERY long wait. Hopefully the process can speed up a bit.

Janetr OKC
  • LifeILuvUFeelinGroovy
    Options
    Hello! I'm here for a fresh start! Looking forward to chatting and making new friends!
    Brandi TX
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Reading through today's posts it struck me how many of us are slowly picking up pieces of our precovid lives-it was really uplifting to me. Tonight met with ladies group at a house, inside, together, no masks. It was, in a word, wonderful. Such small things we once took for granted.

Janetr-sorry to hear about Jack's brother (I've lost his relationship). It sounds like a very serious situation.

Lisa-I think the dark gray shingles would look good. Of course, I am biased. I have a red brick ranch with a dark gray roof and gray front door.

Julie-your tone sounds so much better! Glad you have been able to connect with others.

Had a bad shooting in our town last night-6 people. Luckily no one died. Not sure of motives. It was, however, covered on CNN. Sad thing to get national attention for.

Time to wind down and head to bed-more rain tomorrow then it starts looking better.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,597 Member
    Options
    Llll
  • LisaKinVA
    LisaKinVA Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    xlara23 wrote: »
    Hi, My name is Laura and I thought I would introduce myself. I am 55 and live in NW WA. I am hoping to hear some success stories of women over 50 who have been successful in shedding some menopausal weight. I have been on MFP on and off for a few years. I am much more successful when I am consistent in tracking my food and exercise. However, sometimes it is just a pain.

Hi Laura! Welcome. I'm not menapausal yet. No idea when that will happen. But I am in the thick of difficult weight loss.