WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    I'm here and doing well and still checking on you my friends.

Janetr OKC

OMG Janet, this is so reassuring! I love that you are still checking on us; I truly thought you had decided to leave the group! Happy day!!!

Karen in Virginia

My dear Karen, thank you my friend, you made me grin. I think of you very often and every time I wish we were close enough to visit over coffee. I'm floundering about right now, feeling as if I have no one to really visit with. i will rely on my dear friends here.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Elthruston1: Welcome!!! :flowerforyou:

Janetr: I am delighted that you are back! :bigsmil

Katla in sunny NW Oregon

KATLA thank you so much, my friend.

How wonderful that your daughter will be there, enjoy!

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    edited June 2021
    JanetR - welcome back! You were missed, my dear, and it's good to see you. I'm sorry your family is struggling. Stay with us and keep the pesky pounds at bay.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

LISA Thanks Lisa, sorry your having health issues and nothing is worse than the old "we dunno what's going on ". Hope you get answers sooner than later.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Michele, thanks for the welcome my friend. We look forward to pics of PJ. How old is PJ now?

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    REBECCA Athena is beautiful, how old is she now?

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    [quote="Vickil57;c-4601673

Janetr--Sounds like you have a lot going on, remember to take care of yourself and sending Hugs and prayers. <3

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3 [/quote]

Vicki, thank yo my friend, I'm taking care of myself amd leaving the family matters in God's hands, praying for them is my best defense.

Hugs
    Janetr OKC
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,020 Member
    Having a hard time getting started today. I got the dog's nails trimmed, but I haven't done my bike or my walking or my laundry. It feels like there's rain coming. Wish I could do coffee but it would keep me up all night.

Welcome back Janet!

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,673 Member
    Afternoon friends
    Went for my physical ,other than going for a mammogram ,that i had to cancel because of heart surgery all is well except for being overweight..i figured my list from Walmart would have stayed on my phone,but no,so i made the decision to go shopping over there. Ugh i used a regular cart,because ill be damned if im going to use one of those carts you ride in.. so I got what I thought I needed and forgot some others,oh well....then stopped to pick up prescriptions and go let Homer outside. Then came home and had to put some of the cold things away..I am beat but have to pick up Dan at 1:30 to take him to work..then go back and pick him up at 6..no nap for me,but hopefully that means ill sleep well tonight.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,427 Member
    edited June 2021
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    REBECCA Athena is beautiful, how old is she now?

Janetr OKC

Hey there Janet! I have missed you friend! Athena turned 2 in May! But she's far from terrible. The other grandma states she has a sweet personality! Lee and I wish to visit in July, there's a Renaissance faire in Beaverton, OR he wants to attend, so hopefully we go down, get a hotel room in Vancouver WA where son and DIL live for some well deserved visiting. Our last time we visited, she was only 4 months old, so I have yet to meet this sweet girl. In August my maternal side of the family is getting together for a reunion at my eldest sisters home in Shedd Oregon. The home is a 1900's home that is her husband's family homestead. I understand that the husband and his sister rented it out for years to a Mennonite lady that had cared for their parents before they passed on. So acquiring it, there is a lot of improvements needed. The lady that rented it had closed off the upstairs for years, so there were mice droppings, and fossilized bird carcasses up there my sister said! What my nightmares are made of right there! I think I will either take a bus, or train down in August and just stay with my son and DIL either before or after the reunion. They have a couch. When we go down in July we will stay at a hotel, because husband isn't fond of their dogs or hair, but I can ignore it. So waking up with Athena, and telling her stories at night will be so much fun!

You aren't floundering friend, you are floating but meandering a wee bit about the pool. Enjoy where you are, take in the view, and count your blessings.👍💖.
    Remember:
    Today is a good day for a good day!
    Know that small, good, positives strung together makes true commitment.
    Hugs from Whidbey
    Washington
    💖Rebecca
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    (((Janetr)))
  • janetr7476
    REBECCA thank you so much for the encouraging words, I shall take your advice. I hope your visit to see Athena goes off without a hitch.

You're right, the sister's house sounds !ike a scary movie lol

MARGARET Thanks you for the hug, dear lady, much appreciated.

Janetr OKC
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    yesterday I had a loooooooooooong dentist appointment and then had 2glasses of wine out with a friend for dinner a few hours later.I felt hungover today, which I never do. I think it's surely due to the dental anaesthesia followed by wine. I had never thought about it but found that alcohol is not recommended 24h after local anaesthesia...

today was rather a bust, work wise..BUT .it was nice to see friends these past days...
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,020 Member
    What a cutie!

I did my biking and walking. Wasn't so bad once I got started. Now there's laundry and supper and meditation.