Why don't more men wear tight shorts to the gym?

Options

Replies

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Too tight and too short... Thankfully now rare! My Eyes!!!!!🙈

cloethrsdhny.gif

• OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    A little unrelated I guess but this made me think of something I just watched where they tracked what the different genders (cis) looked at while looking at a regular picture of a man. The women focussed mostly on the face and chest while men focussed on face and junk. Hecken sus
  • Danw586
    Danw586 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Stick to the grey sweatpants
  • gillylucky13
    gillylucky13 Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I feel as though I can't possibly sleep tonight, until I have a solid conclusion to this burning question.....

Why DONT more men wear tight shorts to the gym??
    kc1o7cvvtpn7.gif

I mean I guess I could start just to see if there are any benefits to it?🤷‍♂️
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Sometimes we just see too much. Whatever happened to a little imagination? That's part of the seduction and mystery. If it's all 'hanging out' where's the fun in that? Especially as we/they/everyone gets older. :/
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Sometimes we just see too much. Whatever happened to a little imagination? That's art of the seduction and mystery. If it's all 'hanging out' where's the fun in that? Especially as we/they/everyone gets older. :/

Yeah, nobody wanting to see what this middle aged man is smuggling in his shorts!
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Sometimes we just see too much. Whatever happened to a little imagination? That's art of the seduction and mystery. If it's all 'hanging out' where's the fun in that? Especially as we/they/everyone gets older. :/

Yeah, nobody wanting to see what this middle aged man is smuggling in his shorts!

Haha no, you definitely weren't the 1st person I thought of when I posted this comment but didn't think to create a specific list of exclusions. :)
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we just see too much. Whatever happened to a little imagination? That's part of the seduction and mystery. If it's all 'hanging out' where's the fun in that? Especially as we/they/everyone gets older. :/

Yeah... I like a good mystery myself 😏
  • gillylucky13
    Options

So, an "outline/bulge" in tight shorts doesnt leave enough mystery? Asking purely for clarification.

With some of the workout tops and bottoms from around the fitness world, there is very little left to the imagination anymore🤷‍♂️
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options

So, an "outline/bulge" in tight shorts doesnt leave enough mystery? Asking purely for clarification.

With some of the workout tops and bottoms from around the fitness world, there is very little left to the imagination anymore🤷‍♂️

An outline or bulge makes my imagination kick in. When it's a mystery I just don't have those thoughts 🤷‍♀️
  • gillylucky13
    Options

An outline or bulge makes my imagination kick in. When it's a mystery I just don't have those thoughts 🤷‍♀️

So you are pro-bulge then?
  • ReenieHJ
    Options

Is it from a wallet? I could be pro bulge.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

Hmmm.....now maybe a middle aged man may have something to offer in tights 😉
  • gillylucky13
    Options

"I aint sayin she a gold digga, butbshe aint messin with no broke..."

Those who work out with a wallet bulge may be overcompensating haha
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    Options

Bwahahahaha....

I feel you sister.... B)
  • Mrrerryt
    Mrrerryt Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    3vd9mgxo9tae.gif people love to see me coming in the gym lol

• ReenieHJ
    Options
    Good thing my coffee's all gone or I'd be cleaning up the screen. :)
  • gillylucky13
    Options
    🤣
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    Never tried wearing form-fitting shorts, so my only frame of reference is when I try working out in form-fitting shirts. To whit, I have a difficult time pulling said shirts into place, and even harder time removing them if I get sweaty. Also I find my shoulder and arm movements tend to be restricted when I wear something with tight sleeves which pull my arm muscles in resistance to certain arm motions. Consequently, for comfort, ease of donning/doffing, and safety of motion when lifting weights above me which could injure if dropped, I wear loose tank tops for upper body days and regular t-shirts on leg days.

If I take those observations to my lower body apparel, then I think I'll pass on form-fitting shorts. Plus the bonus point as mentioned by one poster, without pockets I have nothing to hold my ipod music. I'm too cheap to buy blue-tooth headphones, and my gym's selection of music is not conducive to heavy lifting.

Those are my reasons, all without even touching on modesty.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »

Hmmm.....now maybe a middle aged man may have something to offer in tights 😉

It's a gym. I personally wear loose gym gear because I'm prefer it overall. Also it governs the woman who don't behave appropriately. I'm not "offering" myself when I'm training.