Why don't more men wear tight shorts to the gym?

Options

Replies

• AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I wear baggy clothes to avoid other people seeing accidental boners.
    Um, powerful first post.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    A woman's body is a piece of art. A man's body is mechanical tool. Which would you rather look at. I find wearing tight clothing uncomfortable and like the feel of baggy shorts.

I disagree wholeheartedly.

A man's body is just as much a work of art as a woman's.

It's just another way of saying a woman's body is for the consumption of others and a mans body is for the use of its owner. Really, bodies are most beautiful when they are most functional.
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    I like to look at male bodies and their penis. I also like female bodies.
    Is that you, BP? Or someone hacked your account? :heart:
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    no compression shorts here, just boxer briefs to keep the boys in place and shorts. Tight close on my that is a negative, a compression shirt is possible.

however i might want to bring this look back

th?id=HN.608009623729081912&pid=1.7

Don't knock that look. I have a special place in my heart for that look.

I just need to be able to find these shorts and socks. I can get the chucks.

For the shorts: http://www.rustyzipper.com/mens/shorts/gym/

For the socks: http://www.dancewearsolutions.com/accessories/other_accessories/ts3021.aspx?gdftrk=gdfV25409_a_7c1810_a_7c6867_a_7cTS3021_d_0020360&gclid=CjkKEQjwh7ucBRD9yY_fyZe398gBEiQAAoy4JAvp6WD4bfk0cx3QKj1hvTNqr4H6_aTOjhpD3Lv0USzw_wcB

You are welcome. :flowerforyou:
  • likitisplit
    Options
    But you could have the hugest piece of wood...and I would never think to look.
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    Tight shorts are uncomfortable. That's all there is to it for me really.. :P
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

It's me. Someone said that women don't like to see a man's "junk" (I never understood calling it junk). So, just being honest. I think bodies (all parts and all genders) are lovely. I am a dancer. Bodies are instruments of art.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    dxhb7t.jpg
    \

Really????

I have love in my heart for this man. Sincerely. Cutie! :happy:

Edit to add that I hope he's a nice person. :frown: :embarassed:
  • likitisplit
    Options
    because...... and without being crude.... you would be able to see the outline of myballs and p*n*s ...<-- that says penis by the way!

lolololo.... that is why :flowerforyou:

Do you hide it because it might offend me or because you don't want me to see it?

haha.. I don'y mind anybody seeing it/them/those........ I like it...but only if they want to... but there are some ladies who don't want to see man junk... I guess you gotta cater for them??........... maybe I'm just too nice!???

Not necessarily. Some women wear compression tops so that they don't make the guys around them uncomfortable. However, this is something that women think about and discuss...and men kind of take for granted.

And the why to that is really interesting.

and THIS is exactly WHY I asked.

"I guess you gotta cater for them?"
    If it means sacrificing a degree of comfort, to make others more comfortable... hmmm...
    I think people in general are incredibly squeamish over the smallest of things. Breastfeeding is sexual somehow, showing cleavage equals being a slut or something else negative, a short skirt seems to mean she's asking for trouble, antibacterial soap is necessary or we will die, men's junk is gross, and yet sex is everywhere, in your face all day long. It's dirty yet people keep downloading it. There is so mich more to this than just showing a bit of outline. And all I can think of is they can't have been this sensitive about stuff in ye olden days, we were bodies and that's it. Not today though.

I think that's a bit of a stretch.

Compression clothing makes you look smaller. Women generally want to look smaller especially at the gym.

Breastfeeding is not sexual (blech). But breasts sure as heck are, and I rue they day they aren't.
    Breasts with a milk waterfall coming out of them really aren't sexual.

My husband got over it
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mw2psjpCC71skwwmyo1_500.gif

Imagine that too...everything just shown above and on top of it sweaty, sersly just close your eyes and imagine it...is that what you really want?
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    because...... and without being crude.... you would be able to see the outline of myballs and p*n*s ...<-- that says penis by the way!

lolololo.... that is why :flowerforyou:

Do you hide it because it might offend me or because you don't want me to see it?

haha.. I don'y mind anybody seeing it/them/those........ I like it...but only if they want to... but there are some ladies who don't want to see man junk... I guess you gotta cater for them??........... maybe I'm just too nice!???

Not necessarily. Some women wear compression tops so that they don't make the guys around them uncomfortable. However, this is something that women think about and discuss...and men kind of take for granted.

And the why to that is really interesting.

and THIS is exactly WHY I asked.

"I guess you gotta cater for them?"
    If it means sacrificing a degree of comfort, to make others more comfortable... hmmm...
    I think people in general are incredibly squeamish over the smallest of things. Breastfeeding is sexual somehow, showing cleavage equals being a slut or something else negative, a short skirt seems to mean she's asking for trouble, antibacterial soap is necessary or we will die, men's junk is gross, and yet sex is everywhere, in your face all day long. It's dirty yet people keep downloading it. There is so mich more to this than just showing a bit of outline. And all I can think of is they can't have been this sensitive about stuff in ye olden days, we were bodies and that's it. Not today though.

I think that's a bit of a stretch.

Compression clothing makes you look smaller. Women generally want to look smaller especially at the gym.

Breastfeeding is not sexual (blech). But breasts sure as heck are, and I rue they day they aren't.
    Breasts with a milk waterfall coming out of them really aren't sexual.

My husband got over it
    I meant that I think it is totally ridiculous to call breastfeeding in public a sexual act. People are cuckoo.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Very familiar this one.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

It's me. Someone said that women don't like to see a man's "junk" (I never understood calling it junk). So, just being honest. I think bodies (all parts and all genders) are lovely. I am a dancer. Bodies are instruments of art.

I use junk. For both sexes genitalia. It's not meant in a negative way, it just amuses me.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

I use junk. For both sexes genitalia. It's not meant in a negative way, it just amuses me.

I don't mind if people call it that. It's not natural to me personally or my husband. I guess it was never familiar to me. I don't know. :-D
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    But you could have the hugest piece of wood...and I would never think to look.

Think? Why is thinking involved, if that thing is substantial and it's dangling all out, it's gonna get looked at, thinking or no.

6b5f1315685267e759f82026890fe027.jpg
    cheryllaugh.gif?w=633
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I wear the clothes I was wearing earlier in the day. Almost invariably shorts and a t-shirt.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

I don't mind if people call it that. It's not natural to me personally or my husband. I guess it was never familiar to me. I don't know. :-D

I just didn't want you to think I was using it in a derogatory way :)

I only use it on the 'net. I never know what words are allowed on message boards, so I stick with junk.

We do use the proper terms at home (don't want my kids yelling about their "junk" in the grocery).

edit: derpy
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Why? Cultural fashion. It can really fly in the face of functionality. This isn't anything new.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Well, I ripped a pair of compression pants and some ordinary shorts in one squat session once (which was ****ing hilarious, but expensive), so now I wear sweatpants most days and shorts-made-of-sweatpant-stuff for deadlift day, cos they don't explode when my *kitten* stretches them.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I wear tight lycra cycling shorts when I'm using the Spinning bike in the gym - the saddle is an uncomfortable unisex saddle and I don't want to end up unisex.....
    Otherwise for lifting or other cardio I just wear running type shorts with a built-in "boulder holder".

Having just come back from a beach holiday where about a third of the people were naked I can't say I'm the slightest bit bothered at seeing outlines of others people's "lumps and bumps" or them seeing mine.