Any 5'7 ladies?

Options

Replies

• MrsPike07
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and currently 179lbs. I started at 200 (not my biggest) and would like to be around 145 but if I hit the 150's or even 160's and am happy there I will stay. :smile:
  • blondeinky
    Options
    I'm currently 155 but my ultimate goal is 135. I'd be happy with 140-145 though!
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Bumping this so I can read it later. I desperately need some motivation right now! I've been stuck at the same weight since May - UGH!!!!!! :noway:

I'm 5'7" and I'd like to get down to 150. I haven't been that weight in probably 15 years. :ohwell: 12 years of marriage and five babies kind of changed things up for me. :tongue:
  • loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" with a medium/small frame, long legs short torso build, and my goal is 115lbs. I am currently at 128 right now, and my high weight was 170lbs.
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'7 started at 165.5 now at 124.5
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7! My goal is 140. If I get there & feel I can go a little lower, I will try, but I want to be able to maintain. I was in the 170s for most of high school & college (190s after I got married & had a kid!), but got down to 150 in high school & was in a 10 & medium, which was great, but I would love to be in an 8 ultimately! :)
    Good luck everyone!!
  • kma2929
    Options
    I'm going for 130, since I weighed that before.
  • Mybetterme
    Mybetterme Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I want to wear a size 10. I have not ever worn a 10 after puberty. My goal is 148. But if I'm not in size 10 jeans I might go lower. I am currently 157 and still wearing the 12 I was wearing before I lost 7 lbs. All I know is just don't completely stop trying. I have been here since may and as long as I keep trying a little at a time my weight is getting lower. It is long and slow but I am ok with that because I hope I am making lasting change.
  • goals111
    Options
    5'7" here; goal is 159. Might consider 150 after that, just for some "wiggle room."
  • am312
    am312 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and my goal is 127 the weight I used to be 5 months ago before coming in the USA, now I am 143 .. and that's hard I cannot see any result, so I have lost my motivation ...
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6 1/2" and currently sitting at 145lbs. It can be done...just takes lots of self-discipline and effort :)
    ...but the amount of work it would take for me to maintain that seems out of reach for me right...

I was 141 before I got sick/broken and put on weight.
    I gave up when I hit 150 (which was still a healthy weight, but not okay in my mind), then went up to 175

At 160 I switched to lose 1/2 lb a week
    My goal was 150 (I needed to be okay with 150.)

Right now I'm freaking out about maintenance...
    So I pushed it down to 145...
    It's 15 years later and I'm not sure I can maintain 141 and live the life I want. (I don't ALWAYS want to be stressing over food)

I think losing is easier than maintaining because progress encourages you.
    MFP is really just a guideline... My plan is from here on out to keep adding calories until I'm at maintain for 141 and see if this will be a livable life for me.
  • LezleyAnne77
    Options
    All of you guys are such an inspiration!! I just joined MFP. I am 5'7" and my starting weight is 171lbs. My heaviest was a year ago at 192lbs. Went through a bad break up and lost some and have been able to maintain it. But, I still want to keep losing. I graduated in 2006 at 126lbs. Given I was younger and a lot more toned.. So, I may never see that weight again. But, ultimately, I would love to see 135-140lbs!! I have a lot of work to do.. But, this is a great site to keep me moving. Thanks for everyone's stories!!
  • SmileyAmy1977
    SmileyAmy1977 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    5'7 here...I started at 257...225 now. I don't want to be skinny. I want to be curvy still. I have a goal of 180. And then, I'll take it from there. I don't plan on dieting at that point, but continuing to eat well and work out. If more comes off, great...if not, I'm good.

Good job to all of you!!
  • 6eighteen11
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and really unhappy about being 190 right now! I was about 120 throughout high school (way too skinny, now that I look at old pictures), filled out to 130 in college before gaining all my weight in the last 2 years. I'd love to get back to my college weight of 130-140. I was a size 6, and I feel a little twinge of sadness every time I walk downstairs and see boxes filled with all my skinny clothes!

My mom went through the same weight change a couple years ago. I remember her being about 190, like I am now, the summer before my senior year, then raiding my closet for something to wear to my graduation party. She's my inspiration, for sure!
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    5'7 and im currently hovering at 155... I would love to get between 145-149 but it feels like the last 10lbs will never budge :( I dont really know what I should be doing differently..
  • skullcrushergurl
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and 146 ish... Dont really have a weight goal. I would like to see the difference first! Good luck to all~
  • Dreamer1311
    Dreamer1311 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 current weight 156 and my goal is about 140
  • IMDABOMBthe0wife0DABEAST
    Options
    I am 5'7 and have a goal of 150, but I am struggling with the 160's currently. I have been told that I should not lose anymore by friends and family members, but I would like to see what I look like at my goal weight. I can say you can do anything if you put your mind too it. I started out at 291 and am now 163. I have gone from a Pants size of 26 to 12 currently. This is smaller than I wore in Junior high.
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7.5" with a small frame. I'm currently in the low 150's. My goal is 130. I was actually 120 through my young twenties but I look at those photos and feel like I looked too thin, so I'm aiming for 130.
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My goal is 140 for now. I just want the major weight to GO AWAY! I'm thinking I'll go down to 135 if I feel it's possible by then.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!