WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,925 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, logged into SWOCC and its email, returned R’s call, NIMS, ICS and NFPA to Chief, loan pre-approval extract to DH, dogs to powerline.
    Bonus: another load laundry, 2+ hrs gardening including fertilizing potatoes, transplanding Sinky IV and Pastor’s wife’s zucchini.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: minutes, contact list, drop off cookies, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Joyful June:
    12- Write a gratitude letter to thank someone: Dr. Karin Trujillo Univ. NE Med. Ctr. Buffett Cancer Ctr.

Rain held off ‘til evening so was able to get some long postponed garden tasks done. Down at the powerline it was downright warm, humid and sultry, real pineapple express weather. Some fool started burning brush pile despite the fact that fire season no-burn restrictions started weeks ago. Forecast rain is no excuse, last week lightning ignited several fires amidst rain storms. Pfaugh!

Julie thanks for the family choir, it made me smile.
    Heather thanks for the Kettlewell info (https://www.kettlewellcolours.co.uk/us/products/new-in/item/linen-notch-neck) Spendy but very tempting, if only they offered it in PXL :cry: Max has a girlfriend? Ack! They grow up SOOOO fast!
    Dgarlic1 Cute cat! Brava for persisting, pet allergies are so frustrating. Our wheaten Dixie of beloved memory had severe environmental allergies, grass and cottonwood. Sometimes it felt like she was allergic to air ;}
    Lisa your bread making info almost inspires me to try again… almost ;)
    Michele :cry:
    Debbie I’m suffering stone fruit envy and I’m not even that fond of apricots. Cherries for 99 cents/lb? They’re almost $3/lb in the stores here. One thing I miss about living in the Bay Area is the plentiful, wholesome and reasonably priced produce.
    Katla grand kids will have such a fun memory of sleeping on the floor. Enjoy the coast!
    Pip Smoooch that pooch! :love:
    Ginger ((hugs)) What an overwhelming year so far! Brava for sticking to your “no binge” accountability in spite of everything.
    Tracey :love: the pics, especially your smile :love:
    Machka your resting holiday sounds like exactly what you’ve been needing for such a very long time. :heart: Autumn for me. ;)
    Allie fingers X’d and prayers for Monday’s appointment.

Pouring down rain at last. Thankful.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    June: leaner/stronger/kinder than May.
    daily: sit with Joe: 12, weigh/wii: 12/0/0; steps>6362=4009, vits=11, log=12, CI<CO=12, CI<250<CO=8, Tumble=8, Shadow=11 mfp=12, outside=14, up hill=10, clean 10=2.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue: LD=2 Wed: TC=2 PW=1 Thurs: PW=1, watched part of principles of pilates. Fri: TC=2 Sat: PW=1, rX x4=2.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/6:141.8 6/12: 6/20: 6/27: 6/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=6 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

Having so many different ethnic stores really is a plus around here for produce.
    The cherries are this low right now but that won't last for long. We tried them last night and they are pretty sweet- heading over tomorrow for another bag or two(sale ends Tues. night)
    The okra that I cooked and added to the gumbo was amazing. Exactly what it needed.
    The jam didn't make as much as I thought it would after simmering it down(I don't add any pectin to thicken it- just let it reduce down on its own) I will take a little container to mom and one to my aunt(dad's sister) when I go up this coming weekend. There is 1/2 a little container for us. I may make more or may just keep enjoying them fresh which is what I prefer- may freeze some of the ones that need to be used up before I can eat them all.
    They don't last very long- a little bump and they are bruised.

Need to get ready for church- husband is going with me- first time in months. Not the regular pastor. The regular one and his son(the associate pastor) and their families are on vacation. The other *kitten*. pastor just passed away, the other moved to Oregon so just leaves one. We will get out on time today. Neil is done on time or a little early.

Have a great Sunday.
    Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    36 hours by the sea
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    My age is really showing or maybe it's the fact that I don't get out much! I thought today was Father's Day and bought my hubby a bottle of his favorite whiskey and a card. Texted my son Happy Father's DAy and then found out it is next Sunday. Oh Well! I tried. :D

Lisa ~ Your baking is wonderful. I bet your house always smells delicious! :)

Tracey ~ You and Michaela look so much alike...two pretty people. Your grand son is lucky to have a grandpa who makes him wonderful toys. <3

Debbie ~ Do you peel the apricots before you cook them? The cooked results look yummy. :)

Ginger ~ You have gone through so much this year. Hugs! <3

Happy Sunday to All....Carol in GA :)

no, I don't peel them- simmer them down then use an immersion blender to puree it. This batch I used a bottle of mango nectar as my starting liquid(more flavor than just water and thicker so less time to reduce) I don't use pectin- just let it thicken naturally. I usually don't add sugar either but if it needs it, I add a little honey.
    I don't make enough in a batch to can- If I was doing that much, I would be doing it with mom- she is an expert and has all the tools needed.
    The jam is good on toast or in yogurt(don't eat yogurt much anymore but I should- too cold, need to drink hot tea with it)
    Soon it will be the raspberries then blackberries. No nectarines or plums on our trees this year :( I forgot to spray the nectarine this winter so has curly leaf and no fruit- not sure what happened to the plum tree. There is a neighbor that has a peach tree that I got fruit from last year- asked if I could get the wind fall ones but she told me to please pick the ones off the tree too. Really nice ones.

Just about time for church- waiting on dh.

Debbie
  • dgarlick1
    dgarlick1 Posts: 29 Member
    Kim, just WOW!! Also glad you were able to solve your sewer line issue yourself!!!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    Kim - You are Wonderwoman! :o:p<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    :)Kim you are Wonder Woman. What a great accomplishment with your plumbing <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Well Alfie went for a play date at Tom and Elenas,texted him and said i was coming to pick him up and he said he is hiding, he told me to tell you that lol.. they do love Alfie so,and God forbid something happens to me wouldn't want him anywhere else..
    Kim- gosh your amazing...
    This week is busy 2 Drs appointments ,and taking Dan to work every day...plus watching my neighbors cat she is going yo Bar Harbor for a couple of days...
    Going up to Carolyns for dinner im bringing french 🥖.
  • dlfk202000
    Didn't realize how warm it was outside until I started pruning my rosemary plant- Offered on our towns Buy Nothing FB page. Already have four grocery bags spoken for(one already picked up-picked up while I was cutting more)
    It really needed to be pruned WAY back again and didn't want to just toss it

Debbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,491 Member
    Well we bit the dust, joined another gym. 1/2 mi walk from home, pd one fee for 3 years, comes out to b $1 per day., will start tomorrow, the grind begins
  • pipcd34
    Stats for the day-

Other- 2hrs 33min 41sec, dust vacuum etc.. = 711c
    Walk to join gym- 21.59min, 1.07mi= 98c

Total cal 809
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    Did yoga for Strength and Flexibility DVD today then went for a walk. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise

Today, when I went for my walk I took my phone with me and listened to the radio. I find that I really liked doing this. I also need to take a bottle of water with me

Ginger TX – ((((BIG BIG HUG))))

Jess was out in Idaho with Colby’s family. It’s interesting, many times when I’ve talked to his mom, she’s mentioned marriage. Evidently this time they were talking about children and Jess said that they like to travel, which is OK. Then Colby said “let’s face it, if we want to travel, your mother would watch the child” Does he know me or not????? Well, his family is very religious and I know Mormons are very into marriage and family, which is OK. Honestly, there’s only one time when I’ve mentioned anything about marriage, and that’s when I said to Colby if they were thinking of marriage, I would be very honored if they used my mother’s wedding rings. And that was a few years ago. I would never pressure them, just like I never pressured Denise. As a matter of fact, I used to tell Denise “I’m too young to be a grandmother”. I never wanted her to feel that she HAD to have a family asap to make me a grandmother. I know that Pete felt this way, tho (that he wanted his mother to be a grandmother, which is one of the reasons why I think Denise got pg when she did, but I don’t know this for a fact)

Lisa – I love taking a recipe and altering it to make it healthier (like using silken tofu in place of oil) or more to our liking (like adding different spices). Usually, I follow the recipe the first time, then I make alterations. I just don’t know if I could bake as much as you do.

Carol GA – I keep having to remind myself that Father’s Day is NEXT weekend, so you’re not alone.

Anne DE – I’m sure you’re going to do fantastic in your writing. When we were looking for a roomba, we came across an article. This is gross and funny at the same time. Evidently some people run their roomba at night. Well, a person had an animal (I don’t remember if it was a dog or cat) who either pooped on the floor during the night or got sick. Well, the roomba went over the poop/vomit and continued to clean the floor. You can guess what happened. Poop/vomit all over the house.

Cut the grass then went in the pool. Even Vince came in (OK, he put his feet in the pool but he did sit in the spa). Now having dinner

Kim – what a gal you are!

Pip – I’m glad you joined a gym. That’s something for you.

Michele NC
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    ✳️✳️ ACCOUNTABILITY ✳️✳️
    ✔️Day 7: Saturday, June 12th. NO BINGE

Day after oral surgery. Soft diet.
    — Ginger-in-Texas
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Thanks for the hugs! I’m struggling a bit here. Just feeling a bit overwhelmed with things to do. I slept in late today.

Sunday is my day to do a mind sweep and plan for the week.
    My usual Sunday tasks are:
    1. Change bed linens - but I did that recently so I’ll skip it today.
    2. Maintenance on my CPAP. I do a thorough clean. Switch the hose, nasal pillow, water tank, clean the machine.
    3. Deep slow vacuum. It’s almost a zen thing for me.
    4. Plan for the week in my bullet journal - which has really morphed into my customized annual planner.
    5. Scrub the stainless steel kitchen sink nothing like a really clean, shiny sink.
    6. Check refills. I keep a checklist.

Tomorrow - I’ll need to follow-up on insurance to see if they’ll approve my cataract surgery with this doctor outside of the group - but still in-network for the insurance,

Have a great day!
    —Ginger-in-Texas
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,324 Member
    What interesting times everyone has been having.

Kim-I am in awe of your sewer story! I like to think I can tackle most anything but I believe that would have been beyond me.

Went to in person work meeting this week with other directors. Stayed over the night before. It was very good to see everyone-we had not been in person since right before the pandemic started. Got some good ideas on some of the extra funds we are being given to be used to help the community.

Saw doctor for my back. He took X-rays and said it is healing and no need to do anything else at this time. Will recheck in one month. Told me I have severe osteoporosis and any thing could cause a break. He is sending me to his groups pt for an evaluation of what I can do (which is basically everything). Will get that and see what exercise they recommend and set up program with my trainer. Have to see and endocrinologist who specializes in calcium issues (who knew). OSU doc thinks that the thyroid suppression is the main culprit but thinks his colleague may have some better treatment options. In the mean time, I am watching lifting anything heavy and staying away from bending. Doing leg exercises and stretches and walking.

On the positive side, got blood work in anticipation of regular doctor visit tomorrow. Except for my stupid thyroid tumor mark that increased yet again, the rest of my blood work is excellent. I figure that will help with my other issues.

Going off to read. I broke down and ordered a Kindle paper white and I am going to try it out-bought a new book on osteoporosis!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Ginny from Ohio- i had the same thing done,genetic testing for calcium issues seeing an endocrinologist myself not that i dont have enough drs 🙄...
  • pipcd34
    Ooooo