Show us your favorite art

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member
    I fell in love with this little demon at the Hans Memler Museum in Bruges, Belgium. He was a detail from a much larger painting of souls in Hell. Just seems to be having the best time.

2gih2jmtnah2.jpeg

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    I fell in love with this little demon at the Hans Memler Museum in Bruges, Belgium. He was a detail from a much larger painting of souls in Hell. Just seems to be having the best time.

2gih2jmtnah2.jpeg

that just looks like a typical Tuesday night at my house....
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    lmbw9sdwrxik.jpeg

The sunset was glorious tonight.

1ikphqos8mcu.jpeg

Nature's Art is still the best, isn't it?? I saw the sun setting last night through our backyard trees and thought wow, gonna be a scorcher tomorrow. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    8zjp93io4yfp.jpeg

90gubjb419bf.jpeg

Dale Chihuly

My ds and his gf visited the Chihuly Glass Museum out in Washington State a few years ago and were very impressed. Before he told me about it, I'd never heard the name.
  • springlering62
    edited June 2021
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    8zjp93io4yfp.jpeg

90gubjb419bf.jpeg

Dale Chihuly

My ds and his gf visited the Chihuly Glass Museum out in Washington State a few years ago and were very impressed. Before he told me about it, I'd never heard the name.
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    8zjp93io4yfp.jpeg

90gubjb419bf.jpeg

Dale Chihuly

I’ve always loved glass, and have collected paperweights (useless dust collecting globes of glory) since I was 16. I loved the Chihuly museum. I would LOVE to have a wall of his art. I’ve got one LE lithograph by him. I can’t even fathom how much a wall of them would cost. The documentary showed him using a ketchup type squeeze bottle to do them. I ought to do like @Motorsheen and give it a whack myself. Hmmmm.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,255 Member
    8txqh3supti1.jpeg

Carpathian Mountains

k0kq9lmmebv7.png

Ivan Petriv
  • springlering62
    edited June 2021
    8txqh3supti1.jpeg

Carpathian Mountains

k0kq9lmmebv7.png

Ivan Petriv

Craftwork from all areas of the Carpathians. Love love love, especially the Hutsul handwork. This wedding ensemble is handwoven, hand embroidered, and hand beaded. I’m teaching myself. I’ve done several runners and have a vyshyvanka (blouse) tucked away to start next.

2zgjc72o1dmt.jpeg

The woodworking is also incredible, including this style of inlay, unique to the Hutsul.
    ylexovt3nxst.jpeg

Blankets woven out of roughly hand spun wool (no, photo is not out of focus-pattern looks like this):
    5fxcmhs09mqn.jpeg

But ohhhhh, the embroidery and beadwork! It just makes my heart sing!
    p10hnrfeilfi.jpeg

Look at the hand crocheted gold lace on the cuff, and the drawn thread work at the collar. 6ue4uuvl9dit.jpeg

@honey_honey_12 you caught me dreaming of a trip to the Carpathians this morning and kinda lit my fire lol.
  • honey_honey_12
    8txqh3supti1.jpeg

Carpathian Mountains

k0kq9lmmebv7.png

Ivan Petriv

Craftwork from all areas of the Carpathians. Love love love, especially the Hutsul handwork. This wedding ensemble is handwoven, hand embroidered, and hand beaded. I’m teaching myself. I’ve done several runners and have a vyshyvanka (blouse) tucked away to start next.

2zgjc72o1dmt.jpeg

The woodworking is also incredible, including this style of inlay, unique to the Hutsul.
    ylexovt3nxst.jpeg

Blankets woven out of roughly hand spun wool (no, photo is not out of focus-pattern looks like this):
    5fxcmhs09mqn.jpeg

But ohhhhh, the embroidery and beadwork! It just makes my heart sing!
    p10hnrfeilfi.jpeg

Look at the hand crocheted gold lace on the cuff, and the drawn thread work at the collar. 6ue4uuvl9dit.jpeg

@honey_honey_12 you caught me dreaming of a trip to the Carpathians this morning and kinda lit my fire lol.
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    @springlering62 @honey_honey_12 If you're ever in the area, make sure to visit Maramureș and Bukovina here in Romania as well! These motifs are part of the popular / traditional clothing in these areas. We also have a tradition of painting Easter Eggs with intricate models.
    brv735nhb0kx.jpg

s43n2navzgac.jpg

rz17m2j9iso8.jpg

du1g72lp49lu.jpg

The last image is from the Merry Cemetery in Maramureș. Here's some more pictures of how the traditional houses, woodwork, garments and carpets look like: LINK

OH and the food and horinca (alcoholic beverage) are also amazing. :blush:

So beautiful!! 😍
  • springlering62
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    @springlering62 @honey_honey_12 If you're ever in the area, make sure to visit Maramureș and Bukovina here in Romania as well! These motifs are part of the popular / traditional clothing in these areas. We also have a tradition of painting Easter Eggs with intricate models.
    brv735nhb0kx.jpg

s43n2navzgac.jpg

rz17m2j9iso8.jpg

du1g72lp49lu.jpg

The last image is from the Merry Cemetery in Maramureș. Here's some more pictures of how the traditional houses, woodwork, garments and carpets look like: LINK

OH and the food and horinca (alcoholic beverage) are also amazing. :blush:

Oh, the food!!! Agree! So fresh! “I’m sorry we have no milk this morning. The cow was in a bad mood”.

That Bessarabian rug by the young lady’s feet is to die for.

I’ve got a particular weakness for those.
    ull2o6ssm1f8.jpeg

I’ve been lucky enough to meet a master Pysanka artist in her home. She earned a medal from the government for her craft. Her home was like being inside a kaleidoscope- wall hangings, runners, embroidered clothes, cabinets and boxes full of eggs. We tried our (clumsy) hands at pysanky, and making cheese horses.
  • Motorsheen
    The-Ugly-Dutchess.jpg
  • honey_honey_12
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    The-Ugly-Dutchess.jpg

Ancestor of yours? 😂
  • Motorsheen
    The-Ugly-Dutchess.jpg

Ancestor of yours? 😂

Maybe ?
  • springlering62
    The-Ugly-Dutchess.jpg

I think I’ve seen her on MFP asking about frown lines and extra skin around the boobs.
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    o063qy84zrr6.png
    5zwks5zvzsmc.png
    William Merritt Chase (1849–1916)