Welcome to the new Community design. We know there are some big changes to get used to as well some challenges and bugs. Please check out our post about New Updates To The Community as well as Outstanding Bugs. We will continue to collect feedback and bug issues and will work to make improvements.

Show us your favorite art

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 4,149 Member
    edited August 10

I like and enjoy all kinds of art, epic sculpture, urban street art, unique guerilla yarnbombs, fine arts, outsider art environments. If it invokes awe, questions, humor or humblest admiration, it interests me.

My daughter is a professional chalk artist. She spends days doing an elaborate, gorgeous piece, only to have cars drive on it or the fire department hose it off. I was horrified til she explained that it’s the ephemerality that appeals to her.

I read something the other day that one of the chalk pieces on the downs in southern England- the particularly well endowed male figure- is now tentatively being rethought as a medieval practical joke. I could totally see that. It reminds me of the time a bunch of male friends spent an hour in a stadium flipping seats so that when the crowd arrived for the event, they were greeted by the word BALLS in giant letters on the other side of the stadium.

4jabb8m40srp.jpeg
    This one only took her a couple of hours.

[edited by MFP staff]
  • etduBlikedat
    etduBlikedat Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 10
    That's her work? 😮

So realistic 😀

[edited by MFP staff]
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 3,859 Member
    io4yeqdx4aef.jpeg

Ophelia
    Alexandre Cabanel
  • honey_honey_12
    nfouaxo9zkeh.jpeg

Ophelia
    Pierre-Auguste Cot
  • honey_honey_12
    o7kpy4fjknop.jpeg

Aphrodite
    William-Adolphe Bouguereau
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,236 Member
    Worst-Toy-Ever.jpg

• honey_honey_12
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Worst-Toy-Ever.jpg

vb8i2nmnybcy.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    qg8ef4v2fqvg.jpeg
  • MrsMellodoggerello
    MrsMellodoggerello Posts: 360 Member
    fnn19af3kb7i.jpg
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,182 Member
    Is it weird that I've always had a bit of a crush on this painting... I mean, how weird?

470px-Francisco_de_Goya_y_Lucientes_-_Portrait_of_Antonia_Z%C3%A1rate_-_WGA10053.jpg
  • honey_honey_12
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    Is it weird that I've always had a bit of a crush on this painting... I mean, how weird?

470px-Francisco_de_Goya_y_Lucientes_-_Portrait_of_Antonia_Z%C3%A1rate_-_WGA10053.jpg

SO weird! 😂
    Not really, just playin’ 😊
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 284 Member
    edited August 11
    @springlering62
    Thanks for sharing and the insight with the timing. I will definitely remember that tidbit when I make my way there.

Your daughter possibly already knows about these street artists work, but I think they create some clever visual illusions. I like trompe l’oeil techniques in art.

The artists name are: Julian Beever, Edgar Mullër and Eduardo Rolero.
  • honey_honey_12
    npqk1adf4kwc.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    6a17y8pcm1fs.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    bf8ta25iaksw.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    9tal4ymdzigq.jpeg