WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

M – Australia has the longest fence in the world. What is it used for?

Michele NC

Rabbits
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Beth the excess heat we are having and the lack of calcium can cause the zuchanni can rot on the vine too. Now that you are giving them more calcium it should help with this.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    The new Action for Happiness Calendar is out ...
    https://www.actionforhappiness.org/jump-back-up-july

This month's theme: Jump Back Up July

This month's theme is all about resilience and understanding how we can build skills that will help us to bounce back. We can't always predict or control what life throws at us, but we can build a range of skills and nurture our resources to help us respond flexibly, effectively deal with challenges, recover more quickly and even learn and grow as a result. We'd love you to share our calendar below with it's suggestions for how to build resilience this month.

e8peftkt9ymi.png

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    Sold my saris bike trainer. Happy about that
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Beth- im wishing you a Happy Birthday anyway.. i know its so tough and outliving a child must be horrible, but always remember we are in your pocket
  • B3tybo72
    B3tybo72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi there,

I'm from Auckland New Zealand . I'm 49 year old women So i thought i would come on to this thread..
    . I have been on and off on my fitness pal for years. and this time I hope I can stick to it. so if anyone of you lovely people's want to help me on my way that will be great too.

this is my 8 day on MyFitnessPal.and i have stuck to it so far.

I'm going to the gym in my first time in my life too... very scary!!!! -PS I love steering at people is that wrong, just watching how they do exercises lol

I also trying to get my my Fitbit to sync with my fitness pal and i cant. i have tried to delete and restart but nothing is working .....any tips???

thanks and have a great day!

ps i need my friends list build up!!!!

• Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    It's been glorious weather at our island place and we've accomplished some of the things we had to do. We hilled the potatoes, cut the high grass, set up the protective fiber cloth tents over the vegetable beds — and I finally got out jogging again. What with the move, I only ran once all last week. It was hot (for me) at about 75°F but the breeze off the fjord kept me cool. Put in my fastest time in nearly two years!

When the necessary work was done, we got our barbecue going and grilled jalapeño-marinated chicken, halloumi, and slices of overripe pineapple. It was a tad weird, but in our rush to get out to the island on Friday, we forgot a big bag of groceries and were forced to make do with what we happened to have on hand. We also forgot most of the cords needed to set up my husband's computer screens. We're going back to town today to collect them and whatever else we need for a good long stay out here.

For the newbies, here's the place I'm talking about, located in far northern Norway. The picture was taken from partway up the mountain to our west.
    zhkyi9t0s3ph.jpg

Our house is a white spot surrounded by trees left of the end of the road. That's also the road I jog on. There's very little traffic. I meet more sheep than cars. :lol:

Carol - I'm so sorry about your experiences during the eye procedure. I understand your apprehension about going back for the next one. Hopefully, if you tell the ophthalmologist what you went through, he/she can adjust the anesthetics so you don't have to feel the operation.

/Penny, missing, despite everything good down here, the
    t07190.gif
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    My friend has held on over the night, thanks to the steroids, and is a bit easier.
    All his friends and family are on a WhatsApp group, so I have been anxiously waiting for an update. It came this morning. :)
    Once I have replied, I have to Mute Notifications as everyone is responding and they have a LOT of friends.
    My thoughts are never far away from them at the moment.

DH off to cricket again today. Should be a full day's play, but tomorrow looks like a washout, with very high winds and rain. But things change.

My son rang me this morning to ask if we would take Edie and Bea to school tomorrow, but it really isn't an option for us that day. They have an alternative, with their Italian helper, so it's not that we are letting them down. Of course, we would step in if necessary. He has to go to Scotland suddenly tonight to sign a big deal for his company. DDIL is working from 8 am.

Welcome to the new folks! I don’t do 'Friends' , so don't be offended if I don't respond. Please remember to sign off every time with your easy to remember name, and an approximate location.

With DH out if the way, I'm having chargrilled squid rings for lunch. :D They are pre -prepared, so I'm not cooking them. Just enjoying them with Peri Peri sauce. :D My mouth is watering already!
    I will make mushroom risotto for dinner and DH can warm his up in the microwave when he gets back. It might be a bit glutinous, but (she shrugs) .....

There is another of the German meet ups in town, but I'm not feeling inclined to go tonight. Not seeing DH all day, weather, food timings with him away.....etc....
    Another time.

Much love to all. Must finish my exercises, which I interrupted to have a coffee and then could not resist descaling the kettle. ? ? ?

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Beth. Happy Birthday!
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Beth - Thinking of you on your birthday.

Lisa in AR
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Hi everyone, Thanks to Barbie for starting us off the the new thread.

I can't believe we are into July already. The weather here has turned from glorious sunshine, to cold and wet, we've even had a few spectacular thunder storms. Got caught out on a few dog walks where it started off sunny and ended up with a short downpour.

I've not wanted to walk too far as my knee has been painful and I've had a bit of sciatica too. Had a few sleepless nights so I'm feeling tired and grumpy lately, not sure if going to the doctor will help, they've not done much to help my poor mum who is crippled with arthritis. I keep trying to exercise as best I can but some days it is too painful.

Talking of my mum, I'd better go, I have to get some equipment out of the garage that needs returning to the physio/social care team. Someone came down on another matter to help mum and she mentioned that she still has a few things that were sent to help my dad when he was ill. You would think they'd keep a better check on these things, we've been trying to return them for over a year. Anyway this young woman was on the ball and has arranged for them to be collected.

Take care everyone,

Love from
    Viv UK <3

• cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Beth - Enjoy your birthday in the way that feels best to you. That may be grieving and that's fine. It's sometimes just what we need to feel close to the one we love. <3

Allie - I know you like inspiring videos, so you might enjoy this one. It's on YouTube and it's called,

The Gathering Room: The Balance Between Boundaries and Generosity.

I hugely enjoyed it. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Happy Monday! Quiet day yesterday, but nice, all the same. My DYS (Colin) and I went to the bbq (one of my childcare families). We got there early and it was just us, the little family of five, and a couple that drove up from Kentucky to pick out a puppy! lol There are seven puppies. Brittany Spaniels. Gave both Colin and I a little bit of "puppy fever". There was also a Roxor there, that the owner and Colin drove around and talked about their cars for quite a while. We didn't eat much at the bbq (a slider sized sandwich and a beverage for me). So, we stopped at a food truck called Outlaw Roasted Corn and got some street corn on the way home. SOOOOO Good! We got home and Tim was awake and grumpy. Pretty sure he was in a pissy mood because he is in pain, and not wanting to be around people; and I didn't stay home and be miserable with him. Sometimes I want to clunk him over the head with something heavy. >:) Anyway, he perked up when it got dark and the neighbors all began to light their fireworks. I think a few of the home owners on the lake pooled their $$ and put on quite the show. They were setting them off from the beach and some of those fireworks were HUUGE! First time we have ever seen a fireworks show like that from our own yard! (Usually we have to drive into town). Since the city cancelled the fourth of July fireworks; it sounds like every neighborhood had their own show. Anyway, 5am came early this morning. I hit snooze until 5:30. It should be an easy day, though. Only four kiddos will be here.

Beth- I hope you are able to celebrate your birthday however you see fit. I hope you know that we celebrate YOU! For who you are and the gifts you give to others and the world. I think, that when someone is born who makes the world better for being in it; THAT should be celebrated! (( <3 ))

Looks like it is going to be a lovey, breezy day! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited July 2021
    Options
    KJ - LOVE you with the long hair! :D<3 What beautiful skin you have. :) Even without the filter.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx