Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 18/Back and Biceps. I felt strong on the other STS workouts this week and today was no different. I love weeks like this. I followed it with a Mishmash premix from Perfect 30 HiiT that is half High Impact, Half Low Impact, the Bonus Pyramid HiiT and the bonus extended stretch. Love these blended workouts.

Thelma, I am sorry to hear about the injury. Hopefully some more rest will do the trick. I just looked up those New Balance shoes and think I will buy a pair! They look really good. I hope you enjoy your time out this weekend. We are supposed to have a pretty rainy weekend here so I am not quite sure what we are going to be doing yet. We were both, of course, hoping for golf but that may not happen.

Laurie, great workout. I love the quilt!! The design is so unique. Is this your design or did you follow a pattern? Regardless, it is truly amazing work. I am glad it sounds like your MIL is in a good facility, even if she doesn’t quite recognize that yet. I hope you have a good trip this weekend and enjoy your time off next week.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,494 Member
    Hi ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. We are still in the rainy pattern we've been on since almost two weeks ago? I can't remember anymore! We've had torrential rain, wind, thunder, lightning at times but at least it has been mostly at night. We had dry days Saturday and Sunday which was great.
    The craft fair was very good and my feet and tibialis survived. I had no idea they'd make us park far away from the fair site. We had a 1 ml round trip from our parking space to the fair. On the way to the fair it was downhill and I did very well. No problem! On the way back it was uphill so I could feel my tibialis talk to me. Still not bad. This was the first time I could tell I was getting better. My calves needed stretching and a massage after the walk but not too bad. Sunday my tibialis and Achilles tendon were a little unhappy. I'm considering this a little setback but still feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    Today I walked Chico around our driveway which is pretty big. We did a few laps on flat terrain. My tibialis wasn't happy at the end but I feel like I will be able to walk without problems soon.

The fair was small and there were some amazing crafts. I found a lady who makes the most beautiful pottery I've seen in a long time. She had flower vases and I asked her for something I could use for hydrangeas and she showed me a vase I couldn't resist!
    My dwarf hydrangea has about 3 flowers left I cut what I needed for my vase.

w8ne2alloo6w.jpg

On our way from the fair I checked my phone and had sad news about one of our friends. He had been airlifted out of the mountains to another city. He and his wife have covid and he is in bad shape. When he left the mountains he had heart damage and yesterday his wife found out he also has pneumonia. He isn't intubated but has a bipap machine. This news hit all of us like a ton of bricks. We never went to the shooting party. We were just sad for our friend and it didn't feel right to have fun when a friend is fighting for his life.

On Friday I did another Gina B low impact workout and gave Disc 17 - Legs a try. I kept it light and shallow and skipped a couple of exercises that didn't feel right.

On Sunday I did a Gina B 2500 Steps workout and STS Meso 2, Disc 16 Chest Only followed by stretching and leg/feet stretching and massage.

Laurie, great workout!
    I am so glad you and your DH went up north and are taking some time for yourselves. It sounds like your MIL is in a good facility. Hopefully she'll relax soon. I'm sure she's a little scared too.
    Chico didn't seem to mind watching me walk backwards! LOL

Laurie, that quilt is gorgeous! WOW! You are so talented! I love the pattern and colors!

Laurel, great workouts!

The rest has definitely helped with my injuries. I hope I continue to feel better. I just have to take it easy.
    I'm so glad you felt like those NB shoes would work for you. I hope you like them as much as I do.
    I hope you had dry days this weekend like we did and were able to play golf.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was nice. On Saturday we listened to the weather forecasters who promised rain all day and managed to get the lawn mowed, the garage cleaned and some other outdoor activities in….without a drop of rain. So yesterday we ignored the forecasters, who again called for rain all day, and went to the golf course. We had a few sprinkles but other than that, it was a beautiful day for golf. Luckily everybody else was still listening to the forecasters because we, quite literally, had the course to ourselves. It was wonderful. Today….it is raining all day. :)

For workouts, on Saturday I did a 30 minute low impact spin followed by 45 minutes of yoga with Kristin. Yesterday was STS Disc 16/Chest, followed by a 20 minute HiiT spin into Cathe Live Legs, Cardio and Core Galore. Today was STS Disc 16/Shoulders followed by a 45 minute HiiT and Hills spin and 20 minutes of yoga with Kristin that focused on twists. That felt wonderful.

Thelma, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I will keep him in my thoughts and pray for a full recovery. I don’t blame you for not going out after that news. But I am glad you enjoyed the fair. That vase—and your flowers—are beautiful. I am also glad feel you have turned a corner with your injury. Great job with the workouts and making sure you kept them safe for that injury.

So I have been thinking about how we should approach Meso 3, and like I mentioned before, I don’t think we should do a one-body part week with that Mesocycle. I think the boredom would do us in after a week. So, instead, I think we should only full workouts with each week’s workouts done for two weeks before moving on. I am also thinking we do only one of the two Meso 3 Leg workouts (Plyo Legs or Squat Rack Legs) each week and have an optional non-STS lower body workout each week like what we are doing now. In other words, Meso 3 would virtually mirror our the full workout weeks (like last week) that we are doing now.

I am also thinking of not putting in designated recovery weeks but taking them when we feel we need them. I am inclined to think I will want one after the third and sixth weeks just because of how that Mesocycle works, but I don’t want to commit to that if I need a recovery after the second week….or feel I could go four weeks without a recovery week.

Please let me know what you think. I have to admit….I am stunned that we are sitting at the half way point (at the end of this week) in this long STS rotation. It seems to be flying by for me!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I didn't have a good day today. I woke up with my tibialis talking to me and it was like that all day long. I was really depressed today. Eventually it occurred to me to massage the tibialis area and it helped a lot. I hope I feel better in the morning.

My workouts today were a lite Gina B and Peloton workouts for cardio and STS Meso 2, Disc 16 Shoulders Only.

I think this rainy weather is getting to me. Today was cloudy and drizzly all day long!

Laurel, great workouts! I am so glad you managed to get all those outdoor tasks done and even played golf. People here always say we should ignore the forecasters. Sounds like had similar weather.

Thanks for keeping our friend in your thoughts and prayers. His wife was feeling better today and he is doing better too. He is still breathing through the bipap machine but is less anxious and is drinking water.

I like the idea of doing a full workout weeks and repeating each full week the following week. I may need a recovery week every two weeks but I will see how things go. Good idea about the leg workouts too!

I was thinking over the weekend too that this phase is putting us at the half way point. It really is going by fast. I was even thinking we should restart the rotation when we're done with this one! LOL

Good night!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 16/Triceps followed by Cross Fire Extreme premix. It has been a long time since I have done that latter workout, and it was a sweaty one today. But I enjoyed doing it again.

Thelma, I am sorry your tibialis is causing you so much trouble. Injuries are so depressing, without question. Hopefully a little more rest and some massaging will get it feeling better. Great job with the workouts despite this injury. I am glad you like the sound of the plan for Meso 3. I will type something out for it so we can use it as reference in the next couple of weeks. I am glad both of your friends are feeling better. I hope that good news continues. We had quite the storm last night and rain again this morning. But, apparently, this gloomy weather is on its way out at the new of the week. I know heat and humidity are right behind it, but since we are closing in on August already, I am ready for it.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I had a much better day today both mentally and physically! Thank God! My workouts on Tuesday were Zumba, STS Meso 2, Disc 16 Triceps Only and Vinyasa Flow.

We had another rainy day today.

Our friend had to be intubated today. We were told that he allowed the doctors to intubate him and that his oxygen levels are improving.

My canning class is finally tomorrow!

Laurel, great workouts!!
    Injuries are depressing. Thankfully I wasn't depressed today. I hope I continue feeling
    like this! I hope the rainy weather is really on its way out!

Good night!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 17/Legs followed by a 45 minute Peloton spin and post-ride stretch.

Thelma, I am so glad you were feeling better yesterday. Great workouts. I hope the positive energy continues. I am sorry your friend had to be intubated. Hopefully he responds well and can get back to breathing on his own soon. I hope you enjoy the canning class!

I forgot to mention yesterday that I have thought about repeating this STS rotation too! We’ll see how we feel come November. :D

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wed were a Peloton warm up and STS Disc 17 Legs.

The canning class was so much fun! I learned that The National Center for Home Food Preservation is part of UGA. Who knew! All canning instructions come from this center and Ball the canning jar makers consult with them.
    It turns out that canning is pretty easy but you do have to follow the guidelines to make sure your food is properly sealed and stored. There's going to be a Masters Gardeners class in January; which I am going to take too.

We had our first rain free day today! It was warm and it's to be warmer the next few days. I'm not complaining!

Our friend isn't doing well. We knew he had pneumonia on Saturday but today we found out there's fluid around his heart. Things aren't looking good for him at all.

Laurel, great workouts!
    I'm so glad you're thinking of restarting this rotation too! Maybe we should take a month off and do lighter workouts then. I was also thinking that we may want to eliminate the one body part week all together.

Good night!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 18/Biceps followed by STS Weights and Plates Abs. For cardio, I finally convinced myself to do another STS Shock Cardio workout (since my goal was to do them all at least once during this rotation) and did Step Moves. I enjoyed it today, but, no doubt, my foot/PF is going to tell me I shouldn’t have done a step workout later. :# But since my foot feels good now, I also took a nice long walk outside since, like Thelma, we are finally rain-free.

Thelma, great workouts. I am so glad you enjoyed the canning class! I bet the January class will be just as good if not better. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. He is in my prayers.

You and I are definitely on the same wavelength about another STS rotation. Since I think we are going to end Meso 3 sometime in November, I was definitely planning on a easier/shorter/lighter rotation through the holidays (with more fun workouts!), and then maybe returning to STS in January. I am thinking about maybe doing Meso 1 just as a simple single week section for four weeks (no repeated workouts at all) since that Mesocycle has a huge dread factor for me. But I would definitely do Meso 2 with repeated weeks, but, like you, would prefer to do away with the one body part weeks and do two weeks of full workouts before moving on to the next week. I am not sure if I would want to do Meso 3 as a single or double week right now. Let me know what you think!!! But, right now, I am loving how much stronger I am feeling (in everything) from doing this dedicated lifting.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! My workouts on Thursday were Zumba and STS Disc #18 Back Only.
    We are in a dry pattern weather wise. It was sunny and hot.
    This afternoon our large group of friends met at an outdoor restaurant for the first time since 3/13/20. I never thought this day would ever come. It was fun to see everyone again.

We are meeting some friends for lunch tomorrow and we've been invited to the weekly shooting party. I don't know if I want to go yet. Those our weekend plans in addition to things around the house and giving Chico a bath.

Laurel, great workouts! I don't think I'd ever heard of that Step Moves workout. Good for you for doing it. I hope your foot won't complain!

Thanks so much for keeping our friend in your prayers. I heard that the sedation had been reduced; which sounds (to me) like there's been some improvement.

I am glad we're on the same wavelength about another STS rotation. It occurred to me that we could do the new Band program as part of our post STS rotation!
    Good question about Meso 3! single or double weeks? Hmm? Part of me wants to say double weeks but I might need a recovery week after every second week. I am also loving how I'm feeling now that we're doing this STS rotation.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma

• StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 18/Back followed by a 50 minute spin and 10 minutes of hip-focused yoga. While everything felt good, mentally I am ready for recovery week. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I am so glad you were able to get together with friends yesterday. I bet that was a wonderful experience after this past year. I am also glad your other friend seems to be improving in health.

My foot handled the step workout surprisingly well. That makes me happy.

For what to do between the two STS rotations, I have toyed with making some minor changes to our recovery week pattern and just doing six weeks of that or so. I may add a little more strength work here and there, but I would love to focus more on metabolic workouts, and I think the band workouts would be absolutely perfect for what I am thinking about. I am surprised how much I am enjoying a recovery week every two weeks right now, so that may be our pattern going forward in our upcoming Meso 3 rotation and the next STS rotation. And if we do that, I think I would want to do Meso 3 doubled next time as well. But we have months to decide that. :D I just like knowing we have something of a plan moving forward. :)

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. We had a nice weekend. It was hot though and we got some rain on Saturday.

My workouts on Friday were: Zumba and STS Disc #18 Back Only.
    On Sunday I did a Peloton Low Impact Ride and Cathe's Turbo Barre Workout Lower Body Express.

Laurel, great workouts! I'm so happy to hear your foot handled the step workout well! Yaay!

I love the idea of metabolic workouts for the time between the two STS rotations! I think a recovery week every two weeks will be great!

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Wow what a fast week. Had a nice time up at the cabin. My Dad is doing as well as can be expected. My MIL is complaining all the time. Such a difference between my Dad's outlook and my MIL. I think that my DH is getting at least 10 calls a day for things that she feels need to be done, and hopefully he doesn't make himself ill with the stress. I have been busy with my quilting, and started the quilting on the the youngest's quilt. I have all the necessaries for the oldest quilt, just need to make the sandwich so I can quilt it.

Overall my workouts have been consistent, but I wasn't able to workout while at the cabin. Just walking, and that was a pain because the deer flies would attack you. :D This morning's workout was Raw Interval Training #1.

I will look at the posts when I get the time. I'm sure you both have been doing some great workouts. Thelma I saw the pic of the hydrangea, it looks beautiful.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. We had a nice weekend of golf (Saturday) and some garden work and chores (Sunday). It was warm with a heat advisory both days, but both DH and I found it quite tolerable to be outside. For workouts, on Saturday I did a 20 minute low impact spin followed by 30 minutes of power yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was a 45 minute HiiT and Hills spin followed by the floor work premix from Butts and Guts. Today was Cathe Live Lower/Upper Body Dumbbell Challenge followed by the cardio only premix from Fit/Split Mixed Impact Cardio.

Laurie, welcome back. I am so happy to hear your Dad is doing as well as expected and seems to have a good attitude about it. I am sorry the same cannot necessarily be said for your MIL. I hope your DH takes time to take lots of deep breaths right now. I am glad you had time to do some quilting. Great job getting back to the workouts this morning.

Thelma, great workouts. I hope your leg is feeling better. I am glad you like the idea of an extended recovery between rotations. I will start giving it some more thought as we get closer because, like I said last week, I know I will want a bit more strength training. But not too much. :) How is your friend doing? I hope he is recovering well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Zumba and KCM "RAW" Upper Weights & Legs workout.

It was a hot and humid day today and of course, rainy!

Laurie, welcome back! I am so glad you had a good you had a good time up at the cabin and that your dad is doing well. Sorry your MIL is making your DH's life miserable and I'm sure yours too by default.
    Sounds like you're making great progress with your quilting!

Good job keeping up with the workouts! I wouldn't have walked if there were all those bugs attacking me! You're a brave woman!

I'm glad you saw the hydrangea picture! Thanks!

Laurel, I'm glad you got to play golf! It was definitely a hot and humid weekend!
    Great job with your workouts!

My leg is doing better but the injury is still healing. Spinning yesterday irritated it a little bit. Thanks for asking!
    You don't have to convince me on the idea of doing recovery weeks! I need those weeks! LOL
    I don't think our friend is doing well. He's still intubated. They thought he was doing better so they reduced the sedation and oxygen but today he had a set back and now he's back on full sedation and oxygen. Typical covid behavior.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited July 2021
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 30MTF Weights 1 premix #2. This one has active low impact rest periods between the lifting rounds. Probably won't be doing that again, and will stick to the ab work between the rounds. ;)

Laurel, Great workouts! Will be trying out the Fit/Split in my rotation after I get back from my vacation that is scheduled for next week. :D Glad to hear that you where able to golf, and of course attacking the garden. I do need to get some of that done, since we have been gone a lot this summer. Just don't want to do anything like that after work. I think my MIL is ignoring DH right now, since he hasn't gotten a phone call in quite a while. He told her to knock off the conspiracy theory bits, and she hung the phone up on him. We think that she is dealing with early dementia also. :/

Thelma, Love the workouts! We have not had enough rain lately, it looks like we will get some and then nothing happens. It is getting very hard to not get angry at my MIL, with all the crap that she is dishing out lately. I think a lot of it has to do with her mind, but she seems to be taking it all of it out on her boys. I think that DH is really having a hard time dealing with her meanness. I have had to deal with her not liking me for years, but it is totally different when it is your mother. :'( My hydrangea's are blooming, but just the white ones so far. I have a purple one that usually blooms in August. Those are so pretty.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin, 30 minutes of Peloton Pilates and a nice lunch time walk with DH. B) It is a little cooler today and a little cloud cover made the walk very nice. I think this will be our ‘coolest’ day for the next several days.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you continue to heal even though the spin may not be the best thing for it. I am really sorry to hear about your friend. COVID is just so unpredictable. For our ‘interim holiday’ rotation, I am toying with adding weeks where we take out the total body workout and, instead, on separate days, doing full upper and lower body workouts (like the LITE series or Perfect 30), but still keeping the PHA and Metabolic workout. Then I am thinking of one week where we do split sets (like Gym Styles) and a total body workout (this would be our toughest week) and then all of the other weeks being like our recovery week right now (unless it goes way longer than six weeks, and then we might change those numbers up). I am thinking of doing just enough to maintain strength but also enough variety for fun and little dread factor. Let me know what you think.

Laurie, great workout. I like the idea of doing Abs as your ‘active recovery’. It sounds like your MIL may be suffering a little from dementia. That is so sad, but it certainly doesn’t make it easier to accept that she is so mean. Thankfully, my mother never got that way, because it would be hard to take from your parent. Like you, my MIL has never really liked me but at least she has always been kind. Anyhow, I hope your DH is doing okay with this. It has to be stressful, even when she isn’t calling.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Zumba, a lite spinning and Vinyasa Flow.

Laurie, great workout. Sorry you didn't enjoy it though.

I hope you'll get some rain soon! I can imagine how hard it is to not get angry at your MIL. Sorry she's being so mean to your DH and has always been mean to you. I've read that people with dementia can become very mean.

How exciting about your hydrangeas blooming! I want to order two more plants.

Laurel, great workouts! It was cooler here too but I think we'll have sunny days; which means hot temps.

I am really having to be very careful with the tibialis injury but I hope it just needs time to heal.
    I really like where you're going with the interim holiday rotation Laurel! I love the idea of doing just doing full upper or lower. Total body workouts can be very exhausting!

I heard that our friend was spiking a fever because of his gallbladder. I hope he gets better soon.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was RAW Boxing & Sculpting, and I used my 1lb egg weights for the boxing (because it was faster), and then my 3lb weights for the sculpting portion. I love when she ends the workouts with abs so that I don't need to add them on.

Laurel, Great workouts, and of course the walk with your DH. I still enjoy our morning walks, and I think that it is a time for DH to talk and walk. I like the sound of your rotation, it sounds a bit like what I'm doing right now. The only thing that I don't think is incorporated are the split workouts. I will be interested in what you come up with. My DH likes when I go to visit his Mom with him, because she isn't as mean. I must give her dirty looks when she is getting into it. :D

Thelma, Nice job with the workouts! I hope that your injury gets to healing. Oh I forgot to tell you that I purchased a new pair of walking shoes, just because of your quest to find the right shoe. I really needed them, and purchased a pair of New Balance. Can't blame you for wanting more hydrangeas, I'm kind of obsessed with them myself. I also want to get more phlox in different colors. I have light and dark purple, a pinkish one and white. They really work well under our trees, and just add that pop of color this time of year. Yesterday my DH said that his Mom might have Persecution Complex, and that would go hand in hand with dementia. Sorry to hear about your friend, I will be thinking of him and sending prayers for healing.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 15 minute HiiT spin (to get my heart rate up) into Cathe Live Metabolic Weights and Bands. This latter workout is from a couple of weeks ago and it was a really fantastic metabolic workout. You can tell that Cathe is so happy to have her class back! :) I finished it with 10 minutes of core focused yoga with Kristin and a really nice, long walk. It is hot here today, but once I got into the trees, it just felt so good I went for a far longer walk than I had planned. Now I have to play catch-up on my chores!

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you like the sound of the new rotation. I am sorry to hear about your friend. It sounds like he is having quite a rough time. He is in my thoughts.

Laurie, great workout. I will make sure to post the next rotation here so if you want to join us, you can. :) All I know is after the 6-7 months of STS, I am looking for shorter, a little lighter and more fun workouts during the holidays. I am hoping (again….still) to curb my cardio enthusiasm and actually try more yoga or Pilates or barre just to see how my body reacts. But that has been a hope of mine for years….and then I push ‘play’ on a 60 minute spin. :# But I figure if I keep trying, I might be able to make the change before my body demands I make a change.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel