Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, another long day at work but I managed to do Jessica Smith's Kickboxing Interval Training, Cardio Fat Burning Workout. I hate that I've not been able to keep up with the rotation this week and forget about next week!
    Sadly the weather continues to look rainy for next week in Blue Ridge. So disappointing.
    I was diagnosed with dry eyes before 2010 but I think I've had this since my early 20s.
    I remember trying to wear contacts back then and it always felt like I had a few eyelashes in my eyes. I think because my eyes were dry back then.
    It hasn't been easy. Things improved a little when I found this ophthalmologist around 2010 when I was diagnosed with Lupus. He specializes in dry eyes and autoimmune diseases of the eye. He's had to cauterize my 4 tear ducts in order to keep tears on the surface as opposed to going down the tear ducts. I need to go back to using lubricating drops hourly I think. I've not been able to get the new prescription. My insurance needs more info from the doctor in order to decide if they can cover the drops or not. I these are new to the market as well and of course, they know I already use other tear producing drops. I was hoping I could have the prescription to try it out during my vacation but that may not be possible. This pre-approval process can take days.

Laurie, glad your IT department finally fixed that issue! That is a long time to have such an important system be out of commission!
    Great workouts! I hope you guys have a wonderful long weekend up north!

Laurel, happy birthday! You are good! That cake would've been calling my name until I ate it! How sweet and thoughtful about your DH to make sure you had cake on your bday before he left for Korea! Awesome workout!

The key to managing dry eyes is to get ahead of the dryness. Once you feel the dryness it's already too late. This is why I need to go back to being good at using the OTC lubricating drops hourly. I have to use the preservative free kind because of the frequency I use them at. I also have to do warm compresses once a day. This actually helps. What a pain though!
    I am so glad I decided to take Friday afternoon off so I can do the actual packing without having to stay up all night.

Tami, your body clearly needed a break from your crazy work schedule. It's funny how work is not physical but it is mentally draining; which makes you feel physically drained too. I hope the spin class was good.

I think your confusion with the rotation is my fault. I am the one who thought we were starting in two weeks! Sorry! LOL
    The sad thing about me not applying my eye drops at work is that I have them next to me!! At least I'm good about my water!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma

• fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies!!! Happy Thursday!

Well, the week hasn't gone as planned, but that happens! Little guy is still not feeling well (able to go to school, but we've had him sit out of sports this week) as the ear infection is slow to clear up and the coughing has gotten to the point of choking and/or throwing up a bit. Oldest and hubby seem to be getting better though. I woke up with a sore throat, so doing all I can to avoid sickness. We have a big 70th party we are throwing for my FIL this weekend, so no time for downtime.

I'm still plugging away at the Cathe Live workouts! Trying to do 1 day upper, 1 day lower, 1 day total, and the rest cardio (or whatever I feel like). My goal is to get through them all, and I'm marking the ones I like on the app as my favorites, so I can go back to them!

Laurel, Happy Belated Birthday!!! I love your workout for your b-day, sounds really fun!! I hope you enjoyed the cake. We LOVE Coldstone in our house!! I'm finding that the Live workouts are a bit more varied with the weight work, but I too have noticed there isn't much for heavy lifting (understandable) so I will be incorporating that in as needed. I believe I've done about 40 of the workouts so far...still a lot to go, but I'm not doing the bike ones (no spin bike here) or anything step that's too choreographed.

Laurie, Sounds like work has been busy...IT issues are never fun!! I just did Rock em Sock Em recently...really enjoy that one! Hopefully your work week slows down a bit. I don't know why, but mine is unusually slow (not normal), but I think with this blast of 80's and 90's, a lot of my clients have decided to take the week off!

Tami, I'm glad you got to enjoy Friday off, but dang on having to go in for 4 hours over the weekend. I run into that with my job too...take a day off, and you almost have to make it up before you go back or you'll pay for it! I wish it was more regulated where a day off didn't mean a pile up upon return! That class and those weight moves sound a little scary! I have been very aware of weighted moves lately, especially with my shoulders. My biggest fear is injury and then I can't get a daily sweat in. That has been my saving grace lately!

Thelma, I'm happy to hear your eye appointment went well. I also have glaucoma in my family, so have to get extra tests done each time I'm in. I have horrible dry eye, but I wear contacts, so I just have the highest content of water that contacts allows and so far, so good. If I don't have contacts in and wear glasses, my eyes turn bright red and are a mess. Bummer on the long workday the other day, but I love your dance party with weights. What a great idea! I hope you get to fully enjoy your day off tomorrow!

Back to work...hoping for the week to remain quiet so I can go into the long weekend without extra work to worry about! Enjoy your day!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work yesterday I got in Tae Bo Get Ripped Basic 1. I'm always surprised at how my abs feel after these workouts, and they are only 30 min. This morning was Body Revolution #10 and our walk. I'm probably going to try another Tae Bo workout after work, since I really liked yesterdays combo.

Laurel, Belated Happy Birthday to you! How nice that your DH bought you that cake before he left. I would have had a hard time with that in the freezer, good job not being tempted. ;) Great job on the workouts, and I'm surprised that you didn't do the birthday one. :D Hope you where able to get in the garden between the rain. I was going to do some more yesterday, but the lawn was treated and I didn't want Rocket to be in the grass for to long of a time period. I'm sure that once your DH is back, and the sun starts shining that you both will be out having fun golfing till the wee hours of the night. ;)

Tami, Sorry you didn't get a workout in, but it appears you where really tired. LOL on your spin class, she may surprise you with something crazy one day. I have a hard time going shopping after work, since I spend the majority of my day doing that at work so understand why your DH would not want to talk all that much. Of course I'm shopping for things that I would never use at home. :D

Thelma, Nice workout! Don't feel bad about keeping up with the workouts, you are doing what you are able to. We will be in the one body part in a couple of weeks, so that should be a nice change after your vacation. Dang on not being able to get your new eye drops. It was a long time for that system to be down, and I still have a couple that have issues. I had people complaining, they think that I can work wonders for something. :D

Erika, I'm so sorry that your son is not feeling well, those ear infections are sometimes tough to get rid of. Hope he gets better soon. Nice job on the workouts, and a great rotation. How many of the live workouts do you have to do yet? I think that you are right about people taking the time off, they probably are getting ahead of the holiday weekend. Of course a lot of them are busy with the end of the school year also, so many activities that are going on.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Thank you for the birthday wishes. I really enjoyed my day yesterday. Strange since I was alone, but.....it was a beautiful day outside, so I spent about 90 minutes in the sunshine, most of it talking to my sisters. DH had two big bouquets of flowers delivered, which was so nice, so we video chatted for awhile (something we don’t normally do) so I could show him the flowers. And the cake was :p . I told DH before I had it that I was going to save the rest to share with him. After I ate a slice.....I’m not sure that’s going to happen. :D Good thing I didn’t try it before yesterday or it never would have survived until my birthday! So, a good day all things considering.

Anyhow, for my workout today, I did a Pull workout using the CTX workouts. I did the upper body back and biceps workouts, plus the pull exercises from shoulders. Then I went to Leaner Legs and did just the deadlift and calf exercises, but I inserted hamstring roll-ins with the stability ball between each of the four sets. My legs were quivering at the end. It was well under an hour, so I did the Leaner Legs Abs as well. For cardio, I did IMAX Live.....one of my favorites.

Tami, sounds like you definitely needed a night off. I’m glad you took it. Don’t worry about being confused on the rotation! Like I said to Thelma the other day, if I didn’t write this stuff down in my workout calendar, I would have no clue what workout I was supposed to do on any day. Besides, you have had so much going on this year between your job and your DHs health. So don’t give it a second thought. Thank you for your kind words as well. I will admit that I am definitely beginning to feel the aging process kick in to a higher gear. My energy isn’t what it was, and I definitely see/feel a difference in things like my balance and flexibility. Some days I get a bit discouraged/sad......until I remember I am doing more at 53 than I was at 23. So I am just going to keep doing my best and, as Tony Horton says, forgetting the rest.

Thelma, don’t worry about the rotation. This extra month is just icing. You are doing a great job getting activity in with your busy schedule. I am sorry to hear it looks like you are going to have rainy weather for your trip. But I really hope you enjoy it and get a chance to relax a bit. I am sorry you have not been able to get your prescription. My mother suffered horribly from dry eyes, and she was so very uncomfortable some days. Again, I hope you can find some relief.

Erika, I am sorry to hear your youngest is still so sick. I hope you are able to enjoy the party this weekend and stay healthy yourself. Your plan with the Live workouts sounds really good. I have toyed with trying to do an entire month of Live strength workouts, but I am not sure I could do that. My body still responds better to heavier weights, and I think I would really feel like I was losing strength. Chances are that would only be in my mind and not a reality, but, still, not the best way of thinking when working out. But.....we’ll see. Never say never, right?

Laurie, great workouts! I thought about doing Cathe’s birthday workout yesterday. But since I just did it a couple of weeks ago, I decided to press on with pure boxing fun! I didn’t get any gardening in yesterday since I was too busy chatting on the phone. But after spending 90 minutes staring at the weeds out there.....I need to do something this weekend for sure. :o We are supposed to have rain for the next three days but, hopefully, by Sunday I can get out and do something about them. As quickly as things are growing right now, if I don’t get to it, they may take over the house!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Spinning was a good class last night eventhough we had a sub for Katy. I guess she wasn’t feeling well. I do like the lady that fills in for her once and a while though, good music and good energy. This a.m. was RWH Upper Body Circuit, which I always love.

Thelma: Great job getting in your JS KB Interval Training/Cardio Fat workout. I am also sorry to hear the weather may not be the greatest for your trip, dang it. But at least having TIME OFF and being able to relax and enjoy the time with your DH. It is funny how tiring work can be forsure. We have been on a push to get things done for so many days/months it is tiring. Plus, DH had a horrible night sleep that night before and I was awake A LOT plus couldn’t go back to sleep. Which is usually not hard for me so it was not fun. All good on sleep now. The grind still continues at work however, which I know you can relate. You’re so funny …. No worries on the rotation and my confusion. LOL We are all straight now.

Erika: Sorry to hear your little one isn’t feeling well still darn it. I hope if you are getting the sickies it is short lived for you. Yes, sometimes the price to pay when you take time off is paying for it on the other end. Normally in my position here I have a person that helps out but she wasn’t “helping” that day in our dept. at least. LOL Plus more work came in over the weekend. So it was just good to come in and get it all done. I have to be careful in katy’s classes to do what I know is proper form because some of her crazy stuff has caused me to feel pain before and not good pain. So I do what I know is right; she never tries to correct me into doing it her way or rarely does she sould I say, so that’s good.

Laurie: Awesome job with the Tae Bo workouts! Always fun. It’s funny how there are those things you don’t want to do after work because you do it all day long. I guess it would be like DH asking me to type something or be on the computer. I am there ALL day.

Laurel: I’m very happy for you that you had a nice sunny day in AK for your Birthday! That is awesome. Sounds like a fabulous workout you got in today, very nice! Great job with the CARDIO as well. Thank you again for your understanding on my rotation confusion. From the workouts you do I cannot even imagine when you say your “energy is what it was” but I know what you are saying. And Yes ….. you are doing so much more than the majority of people anywhere at any age!! That’s what I tell myself too …. Tony’s mantra “do my best and forget the rest” it’s a good one!

Have a great evening ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, just a quick update tonight. No workout. I worked till 6:30 then came home to work until 9:30. DH almost cried when he saw me working as soon as I got home. He felt so bad for me.
    Work didn't end on a good note tonight. I had a minor blow out with the guy who's been my problem. I won the argument as far as I'm concerned. I started out very nervous, and I could hear my voice crack. Eventually, he said things that seriously pissed me off (excuse my French!) and that is when my Spanish blood kicked in! LOL

I'm exhausted, and still upset and concerned that I'm not going to be at work after this 'encounter' because I just know he's going to bad mouth me. It's a good thing I talked to our project manager about what was happening before I left. That was before the argument with this guy but he had heard my side of the story!

Thanks so much for your vacation wishes. It's going to be raining badly. I got an alert from my weather app. I forget what term they used but they expect 4-7 inches of rain! There's some tropical depression heading that way and it could last until Wed! So much for renting a house with a mountain view! We won't be able to see anything! Like I always say any day outside of work is a good day!

Great job with your workouts!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Still morning so I can say good morning! Have been on the go since I got into work. I decided to do GHUTV Ultimate Intervals after work so that probably is why I changed my mind again this morning about changing up what I had on my schedule. I opted for KCM's Meltdown Workout 2, and that was perfect.

Laurel, Great job with the workouts! Love how you add in exercises for the legs. Dang on the cake, but how nice that you got to chat with your DH and of course receiving the flowers. Hope that you get in the garden at some point this weekend.

Tami, Nice workouts! Having the sub gives everyone a change of pace. Love the reminder of the Tony Horton motto. We do have to remember that often.

Thelma, So sorry to hear that your day ended that way. Do enjoy your vacation, and get some rest. It sounds like there will be a bit of rain, so gives you a chance to relax a bit.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a tough one. I did CTX Chest and Triceps and well as the overhead presses for shoulders. Then I did the Leaner Legs ‘front’ leg workouts, meaning the squats, lunges, leg presses, etc. Yowza!! Word to the wiser.....doing those exercises without the deadlift and calf breaks is brutal! My legs are still shaking.....and I have done my cardio since. Tomorrow is going to be a rough one for sure just getting out of bed! Anyhow, for cardio, I did F/S Mixed Impact into Cathe Live Mixed Impact HiiT and Core.

Tami, glad the spin class was good despite no Katy. Yes, my energy levels are mostly about my endurance levels because I do have plenty of energy to workout and such. But I used to be able to get up with DH at 5:00am and, sometimes literally, not sit down until he came home from work over 12 hours later and be fine. Now, I can still do it but only for a day or two.....and then I absolutely crash. That kind of work push (non-stop while he is at work) is how I have always handled things like moving or decorating for Christmas. And last year’s move and this Christmas.....just not the same for certain. But I shouldn’t complain because I really am very lucky with my overall health and stamina.

Thelma, hope you have a wonderful vacation despite the rain. Relax, eat good food, enjoy time with your DH and don’t spend a second thinking about work.

Laurie, great workouts. I was confused when I read your quote and realized you took :p to mean ‘bad’ when I meant it as ‘drool-worthy good’ when it came to my birthday cake!! Oops! No, it was sinfully delicious.....which is probably why DH won’t get any. B)

Erika, hope the party goes well this weekend!

Off to garden while we have sunshine. See you next week.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I managed to get a little workout in tonight. KCM 30MTF L2BF Chest & Back, Treadmill, Stretching. I worked really hard for 5 hours today and finished a task I owed someone. So that was good. Right after that my body just crashed. I was really tired and I felt dizzy so I just went to bed and took a nice nap. The pre-packing work I did last weekend paid off. Even though I procrastinated with the packing it was easy and I was done by 10 PM which is a first for me. I usually stay up till 2 AM!
    I wanted to let you know that I am in a better place mentally. All I can do is make sure that my team does a good job. If we can do that we'll be OK.
    BTW, I still don't have the new eye drops. Hopefully, I'll remember to check with the pharmacy while I'm away.
    Thanks for the nice vacation wishes!

Laurie, great workouts! I hope you have a great weekend!

Laurel, how sweet or your DH to send you the flowers! How nice that you were able to video chat! You are being so good with that cake! Good girl!!! Awesome workouts as always!

Hi Tami, great workouts! Sorry your DH didn't have a good night the other day but at least you were able to catch up on your sleep. I hope your work will slow down soon. Mine is not going to at all any time soon. The weather will be rainy for us for sure but we will have fun. Both of us can use a break. DH set up my iPad with the software he needs to access his work computer just in case he gets an emergency call. Thank God I can't do that! Our iPad only works on wifi so he won't be near during the day.

Hi Erika! I hope your little one is feeling better now.

Good night ladies and have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well there was no working out this weekend, it was so dang hot! The mosquitoes are horrible too. :p I was able to get more gardening done on Monday, and then I did YW365 Gentle Warrior. That felt great after being bent over with the gardening. This morning I did the F/S Push/Pull combo since I'm a little behind.

Laurel, I can just imagine what your legs felt during that leg workout. That is a tough workout, and you where going from one torture exercise to another. I'm so sorry that I misunderstood that the cake was a good one. LOL. I don't know how I missed that one. Hope that you had a good weekend. I think that we worked this one body part into the rotation fairly well, going into tank top weather now.

Thelma, Awesome job on the workout and getting your packing done at a reasonable time. Great attitude for your project! Have a great time.

Have a nice day everyone!
    Laurie

• 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies and Happy Tuesday after our 3 Day Weekend! I hope you all had a wonderful time. I wasn’t able to check in on Friday but I wanted to let you all know that DH and I went golfing with another couple at a beautiful course in our area. So I have not even picked up my clubs since last year when I golfed one time after my lessons! LOL Needless to say I was very nervous but it was just fine. I enjoyed the beautiful course on a sunny day and it was very casual/no pressure with the people we were golfing with. We didn’t even keep score ….. perfect! The rest of the weekend was normal chores and errands on Sunday and then relaxing yesterday + we BBQ'd both days.

So workouts for Sat – Mon were: Saturday I wanted a get loosened up and feel like you did something before your afternoon into evening day of golf. So I went with KCM B&B KB Kickbox Fusion + Tabata Legs, it was perfect. Sunday for Cardio Day I did RWHiiT Low Impact HiiT Xtreme (#1 & #2 together) and then yesterday I did Fit|Split Push + Pull all as one workout. No workout yet today and since Katy will be doing the traditional MURPH Challenge (with extra running) and so I am going to hopefully do something at home when I get there.

Thelma: I am so sorry to hear about your horrible long day(s) at work. Great job getting in a workout on Friday it sounds like and then crash at 10 PM. I had to read that twice when you said you go to bed at 2AM normally. YIKES. I am getting up sooner to that time than going to bed. Glad to hear you are in a better place mentally and I hope your vacation is glorious and relaxing! You deserve it.

Laurie: Sounds like you had a very nice weekend being outside …. Minus the mosquitoes. I remember living in Minnesota as a kid and there were times my mom would not let us even go outside because they were so bad. I bet your wonderful Yoga workout did feel great after all that gardening. Same thoughts as I had yesterday doing the Push/Pull combo because I had a feeling I would not get up this a.m.

Laurel: Fabulous job on your workout Friday! I love that leg workout you did …. I am sure your legs were feeling it forsure. Sounds like we were on the same page with “Lower Impact” for cardio. LOL Your strength and stamina continue to amaze me every day! I can go-go-go-go too forsure if needed and if I don’t need to, I have a tendency to feel guilty just sitting and relaxing. Not sure why that is. Trying to get better at it because I think more than ever I appreciate the down time mentally vs. physically. :)

Hope you all have a great day! Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Had a nice but quiet weekend here. The weather was beautiful all weekend, so I did get some sunshine and gardening in. It feels so good to be outside getting fresh air, that’s for sure.

Well, I was really, really sore from that leg workout on Friday. :o So Saturday I did do a Cize workout (In The Pocket) then opted for Cathe’s Yoga Relax. That really did help ease up my legs a bit. Sunday, for cardio, I was still sore so kept it low impact (mostly) and did XT All Out Low Impact Extreme premix followed by ICE Low Impact Sweat and Blizzard Blast. Yesterday was F/S Push followed by Cathe Live Cardio HiiT Metabolic. And today was F/S Pull followed by IMAX 2.....followed by four hours of lawn mowing and raking! :o Yep, I am feeling that right about now. :#

Thelma, hope you are having a wonderful trip and relaxing!

Tami, golf!!! I am SO jealous! :) Actually, that sounds like the perfect golf outing. Lovely day, no pressure and no score. The only time I have kept score golfing was with my FIL. Other than that......I don’t want or need to know. :D Great workouts this weekend as well. Like you, I feel guilty whenever I relax.....something that drives my DH crazy. But I am slowly changing because, like you, I just need a mental break from constantly thinking about what I should be doing!

Laurie, sorry about the heat and mosquitoes! We are enjoying (not!) quite the mosquito season as well. Bet the yoga felt good after the gardening. I could use it right now! ;) I do think the one body part is coming at a great time.....shorter workouts, good for the arms and flexible enough to fit in some summer fun. I am looking forward to it!

Erika, hope you are well.

See you tomorrow!

Laurel

• fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!

I see you all have been getting in some fun and challenging workouts...nice work! This weekend was a lot of down time, trying to get everyone better! The party on Monday was good, but we were all feeling worse by the end of the day as we hit 100 here and we were outside for 5 hours. I felt ok, but both my boys were suffering from heat exhaustion and my husband ended up with a fever and today has a stomach bug. Finally, we are getting some relief from the heat (and poor air quality) so maybe we can all get well. Respiratory crud and bad air quality don't go together well!

Tami--golfing over the weekend sounds great! I have clubs, and haven't touched them in a few years. Eventually, I'm sure I'll find some time to get out and try out the sport, but for now they are safe in storage! Sounds like some great workouts...hearing you mention KCM makes me miss her...I might have to break from Cathe a bit and bring some KCM back in!

Laurel--Ouch on the legs!!! I'm glad you were able to ease back into using those muscles...I'm sure they were tight! I loved hearing about the birthday flowers, how sweet!!! Sounds like you had great weather over the weekend...I actually thought about you this weekend wishing I was in Alaska!

Laurie--You can share in my misery over weather and yes...mosquitos!! My BIL lives on a lake, which is where the bday party was. Hot, little shade and mosquitos becuase their front side of the house is all woods! I love that you did some Tae Bo and mentioned the abs feeling! I remember that too about those workouts...which is why I loved them so much...as long as you can get over the counts being off!!

Thelma--I'm so bummed that you had a run in with your co-worker. I'm glad you spoke up and also talked to the project manager beforehand. I may have missed you already, but if you happen to read this, have a good vacation. I've heard lots of rain in the forcast too...hopefully that shifts for you! Either way, enjoy the time away and hopefully you can get in some nice, relaxing exercise too!

Well, I'm going to relax and watch some TV on our night off of sports for the week...and enjoy watching it rain since it missed us every day this weekend!

Have a good night.

Erika
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout after work yesterday, I think that total body did me in. :D That's okay, it just gave me more energy for a cardio workout this morning. I did a favorite Les Mills Combat 45 workout. It was a good one to get the dust off of. We are getting rain today, so we should have more normal temps this week.

Tami, Nice that you could get out and enjoy a golf day with no worries. Awesome job with the workouts, and of course great minds think alike. :D I really love your KCM combo, it does sound like fun. She just made a new kickbox/kettlebell combo for her RAW channel that I want to try out. Maybe today after work. We have also been using our grill every night, just don't want to heat up the house. :D If it isn't the mosquitoes, the wood ticks are out at this time of the year also. Not fun.

Laurel, Oh my on two days of sore legs from Meaner Legs! Glad you where able to enjoy the outdoors, it sure is nice after being in the snow for so long. Awesome job on your workouts, such a great combos. I saw the cize workouts at half price books on Friday, but passed on them. I should have bought them, because they where having a sale. I got two books that I was looking at on Amazon for probably 75% less that what it was on Amazon. ;) That is a long time for mowing the lawn, I bet you where sore after that. Hope you can get in a stretching session at some point.

Erika, Dang on all the sickness around your house, hopefully it will leave quickly. I understand what you are saying on the heat this weekend. I had was lucky that I started gardening in the morning, because around noon it was just to hot. I was dripping and uncomfortable, so went into the house and didn't go back out until dinner time. Of course when we where eating the mosquitoes decided it was time to have dinner also.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I decided to challenge myself again today for cardio day with another extreme spin class. Today was XT Ride Extreme, which was 81 minutes long. I absolutely loved it! It was really the perfect choice today because my shoulders and back are a little sore from all that mowing and raking yesterday, but my lower body (once warmed up) felt fresh. Really was pushing it at the end which felt so good. But I would imagine I won’t be using the words ‘legs’ and ‘fresh’ in the same sentence tomorrow. :p

Erika, sorry to hear about more sickness and such hot temperatures. When it gets that hot mid-summer, at least your more acclimated to it. But this time of year, where you are at the body just isn’t ready for 100 degrees. We have been very consistently at our ‘norm’ temperature which is the mid-60s. We are supposed to be in the 70s over the weekend and throughout next week. Because of how our house is situated, the main living area stays cold....and by that I mean the temperature in our living room and kitchen at the moment is 58. But because it is almost June, I refuse to run the heat. B) So a little warmth right now wouldn’t be bad! Hope everybody gets feeling better soon.

Laurie, glad to hear you are cooling off and getting some rain. We really could use some rain as well. I am getting a little concerned right now about fires this summer if we don’t get some moisture. Yes, the mowing took so long because it was the first of the season. Since we have a gravel driveway, when I shoveled the snow this winter, well, a lot of gravel from the driveway ended up on the grass. So I had to rake the rock out of the grass first (not fun), then mow, then rake the clippings. So normally it doesn’t take that long! But that being said, we bought ourmower when we lived in our townhome in Virginia. Our lawn there was, literally, a postage stamp of grass about 8 feet by 6 feet, so we have this tiny mower. Now.....we have a half an acre, and it is 95% grass (just a two foot rocked area surrounding the house and two small garden areas are the exceptions). So it is a chore regardless. Anyhow, Cize is fun but only if you don’t mind looking and feeling like an idiot. B):D If you don’t like dance or choreography, I think you are safe skipping it. But yay for the books!! I really miss our Sam’s Club because that is where I got all my discount books.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Well no workout afterall last night. DH had a terrible day with work so I was outside just visiting with him when I got home. He was out puttering in the shop and spending time hooking up something in his boat. I think we are all feeling a little burned out at the pace we have been at for so long. I did take Bernie for a little walk though. He loved it :smile:
    This a.m. was F|S Legs and after work I am going to Spinning.

Laurel: Sounds like a wonderful weekend and excellent job with your workouts!! Always love reading your combos. Love the sound of XT Ride Extreme and I bet it did feel better than any upper body workout today. You really got in some activity yesterday. WHOA!

Erika: Hopefully everyone at your house can all be well at the same time very soon. That does not sound fun at all. Yes, my clubs are hardly ever touched either. I took some lessons last year, golfed in a tourney and then hit balls maybe 1 or 2 more times last summer. That was it until last Saturday. Glad there wasn’t anything living in the bag …… didn’t even think to look.

Laurie: Good that you took the rest you needed yesterday and then had a great one this a.m.! Nicely done. I bet those new RAW workouts will be great. We use our grill year-round since it is covered on the back porch. Love not having the mess and it is so easy.

I don't think I told you all at DH's fundraiser i won a package of Barre classes at a local "Pure Barre" gym. I am going to call (finally) and inquire and sign up to try it out. I bet I will be sore. It will be fun to try and maybe go to on nights i don't want to go to running camp this summer.

Hope you all have a great afternoon ~ talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    Hello all
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    I'm officially doing the STS program with the shock cardio. Anyone else doing this?
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did KCM's RAW Just Step workout. Our weather really is humid, I'm wanting our springs from the last two years again. :D Mother nature, what can ya do. ;) This morning was Body Revolution Workout 11

Laurel, Awesome workout, and I did have to LOL about your legs and fresh. Nice that you could work the legs so well. Now I understand why it took so long to mow that lawn, I'm sure that was a tough one. Now that all the gravel is in it's proper place, you shouldn't have to bad of a problem from now on. I do hope that you get some of this rain, we had been in the danger zone for grass fires earlier this spring. I always see the Smokey the Bear sign, since it is very near our house. Love seeing the Low sign on there now. I still have to try out our local Costco, it is on my way home. I know they offer those type of discounts on books too.

Tami, Nice that you could be there to listen to your DH. I was complaining to mine this morning, don't know if he really wanted to hear that on our walk though. :D He listened and that is all I really wanted. Great job on the workouts, and making Bernie's day with a walk. Sounds like you will have some fun with the Barre class, you will of course tell us all about it. ;) I'm really loving the RAW workouts. Kelly is coming out with new workouts, and will be filming around the same time as Cathe again. Will be interested in what she comes up with.

SouthernMa, None of us are doing the STS workouts right now, but will be doing a mish-mosh of them in the coming weeks. You are more than welcome to check in with us if you want support, since all of us have done the workouts before.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Enjoyed a pretty long workout today, but I knew it going in so I was mentally prepared for it. But I just had to get the Gym Style workouts in during this rotation!! So I did GS Chest and Triceps (still one of my favorite Cathe workouts) into Gym Style Legs—standing work only (minus deadlifts.....I will do those tomorrow). This was about 75 minutes long, but I really enjoyed it. For cardio, I did Cathe Live Hi-Lo Cardio and Core.

Tami, I am glad you are giving yourself a bit of a break right now. No doubt you and your DH are feeling from everything that has gone on this spring.....starting with a cancelled trip through a pneumonia! You pushed through it all but, no doubt, you need a little time to decompress. Sorry to hear about your DHs bad day, though. But I am glad he talked to you about it. I was thinking about you yesterday doing my spinning. If we were on bikes together I would, no doubt, be chasing you down!! So you inspire me even though you aren’t here!! I will be curious to hear about the Barre class. Sounds like a nice break from running on concrete this summer.

Laurie, sorry to hear your weather has turned oppressive. Send some humidity here! We are much drier now than we were all winter. Thankfully the temps and winds are down, but now that all the tourists are arriving, even with those gentle conditions, the chances of forest fires will rise hugely. I am worried about it this year because my in-laws are visiting. They were up here back about 12 years ago (before we lived here last time) when a 7 million (!) acre fire was burning. They saw nothing because the air was so thick. I so want them to be able to enjoy it this time. Anyhow, great workouts!

SouthernMama, welcome! Hope you are enjoying STS and Shock Cardio. As Laurie mentioned, no one in our little group is doing those programs right now, but that doesn’t mean you can’t join the conversation. I have done STS more times than I can count anymore (did it the first time when it came out in 2009, which is also when I joined MFP and lost the 40-50lbs I needed to lose!), and try to do it at least once a year. It remains my favorite workout program out there. So please let us know if you have any questions or just want to chat along with us!

Thelma, thinking of you and those storms back east! Hope you are doing okay and able to enjoy your trip.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel