Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,493 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were a Peloton ride and a yoga class.

My lunch with my friends was a lot of fun. We all want to get together again soon.

Laurie, great workout! I hope everything went well with your DH's colonoscopy.

We really have been having a lot of storms here lately. It's really nice to be able look around the stuff thrift stores have.

Laurel, great workouts! I can't believe that Kari Anderson workout is 20 years old!

We actually had a beautiful, dry day today but I think it will be raining over the weekend.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited August 2021
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live PHA 3, the core work from Muscle Max and Cathe’s live class from yesterday which was 30 Minute Kickboxing Express. That was a pretty fun workout, though I will up my egg weights next time to 1.5lbs for more intensity. But it was perfect today after a tough PHA workout.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you enjoyed your time with friends yesterday. Our weather here is still a little unsettled. I don’t mind because the cooler temperatures are kind of nice right now, even if the humidity is really high. About the Kari Anderson workout, back in 2000, when we were living in Italy, I hurt my back so badly (doing nothing….literally…. I mean, I was on the phone and sneezed), I couldn’t do anything for weeks. So several months later I was visiting my sister in Denver, and a friend of hers suggested I try yoga. That Kari Anderson DVD is what I bought. It is a yoga/barre/Pilates fusion, and I couldn’t even do a fraction of it when I first tried it. Looking back, that memory reminds me how weak my core was (despite doing Cathe workouts). So every now and again I like to pull it out to remind me of the importance of core strength….and to remind myself to keep my focus on what is important!

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel

I just got my new Cathe workouts!!! The packaging is wonderful. I hope to try to lower body one this weekend. :D
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was nice and busy. It did rain. Thank God we have a carport because we are working on expanding our chicken run and the carport allowed DH to do the woodwork. I helped as much as I could and today we the first coat of stain on the wood.

My workouts on Friday was S&S PHA Basic Premix and on Sunday Peloton Low Impact Ride and
    Boss Loops: Glutes & Core.

Cathe's Boss Bands & Loops program arrived on Friday. I really liked the Loops workout. I'm going to save the bands workout for Recovery week. She used the medium and light loops in this workout. I can't imagine using the heavy loop. I wouldn't be able to stretch that thing too much if at all. She used the medium loop for the standing section and I thought it felt easy. I think the heavy loop would be better but I don't know that if I can get above my knees. I didn't try it though. I loved the ab workout. She did butterfly sit-ups and I don't remember doing those before. Good stuff!

Laurel, great workouts! Did you get two sets of egg weights or can you up the weight by adding more weight?

I can see now why you haven't forgotten that Kari Anderson workout after all these years!

Temperatures have been cooler and I am loving them. I can't believe August is almost over!

Have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,403 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Had another great weekend. DH's procedure went just fine. It was nice to have a day off and just do what I wanted to do. Of course I was running all over the place, because it was nice to be at the grocery store without having to deal with to many people. :D Got some sewing done, and DH's brother was over on Saturday. His wife was working, so he help DH put a fan in the attic of the garage. Then we went to a local drive-in with the convertible. It started pouring rain as soon as we got there, so we had to put the convertible top up.

My workouts where Friday, Walk Strong 3 Boogie I.T. Saturday Walk Strong 3 Tone + Flow and Sunday was and off day. This morning was Walk Strong 3 Cardio Interval Sculpt.

Laurel, Awesome workouts! I love that you are still doing the Kari Anderson workout. I think that I had that one, but it was on VHS. :D Hopefully when I do retire, I still want to try those STS workouts. We could probably have a full rotation of online workouts without having to do a DVD.

Thelma, Glad that you had a good time at your lunch. Nice workouts, and glad that you are trying out the new ones. I'm with you on how fast August went by, it is almost labor day.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was pretty good. We planned yard work for both days but got almost completely rained out on Saturday. We did a couple of things in the yard, but, other than that, we ran errands for much of the day. So that meant yesterday was all yard work. It was tough, but we got a lot done.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Boss Bands Total Body. It was a good one. I didn’t challenge myself too much with the bands since Saturday is a recovery day for me, but I think it could be very challenging. I love the bands. They are wonderful. I followed that workout with 30 minutes of power yoga. Yesterday was Boss Loops Glutes and Core. I echo everything Thelma said. It was not super tough, but I am not quite sure I would want to use the heaviest band either. But both of these new workouts are well put together without any crazy moves and not over-repped. So good stuff for me. Anyhow, I followed that one with a 45 minute Peloton spin. Today was STS Disc 22/Chest, Shoulders and Triceps followed by Cathe Live Fitness Fusion.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you tried the new band workout too! I really loved the feel of the bands and loops. I am hoping to be able to use them in other workouts. I got three sets of egg weights….1, 1.5, and 2lbs. I love having the variety and the ability to easily change the weight I am using mid-workout. So good.

Laurie, great workouts! I enjoy all of those Jessica workouts. I am glad all went well with your DH on Friday, and you were able to use the time doing some fun stuff. That’s unfortunate about the rain at the drive-in, though. Drive-ins bring back such fun memories.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Gina B's 3000 Steps and STS Meso 2 Disc 22 Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Stretching.

Laurie, I'm so glad you had a great weekend and that your DH's procedure went fine. it makes a huge difference to go food shopping when not too many people are around. Too bad the rain spoiled your drive in experience!

Great workouts! Did you order the new Loops & Bands program?

Laurel, sounds like you were pretty busy during the weekend. Good job finishing the yard work!

Great workouts! I'm glad you got your new workouts and that your tried the Total Body one. The bands and loops are definitely very nice. I also hope to be able to use them for other workouts too.
    Good idea to get the different egg weights!

Have a great day!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Walk Strong 3 Pilates + Yoga, she always does a good job with these type of workouts.

Laurel, Dang on the weather, and moving your yard work plans. Awesome job with all the workouts. Glad to hear that the band and loop workouts so far are some good ones. One of the things that I did while DH was going through his procedure (the clinic wouldn't let anyone wait in the waiting room), I decided to find a quilt shop that I had not been to in a while. I found a new favorite place. It takes a little longer to get to than the one by my house, but it has some of my favorite fabrics that I see online. I love going to that drive-in. They have a gyro that is so good. It comes with a salad, so how can you go wrong with that.

Thelma, Nice workouts! I have not ordered the Loops & Bands workouts. I am not a big fan of the bands, so I was waiting to find out how everyone liked the workouts. I don't know why I don't enjoy them, but I know that while I workout with them, I have this fear that they will break. I know that it's silly, but that is always going through my head.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin followed by 5 minutes of Peloton core and 20 minutes of Peloton power yoga….mostly focused on the core. It all felt good today.

Thelma, great workouts. I don’t know about you, but that 43 minute workout yesterday made for such a nice break from the longer workouts before it (and what we are headed towards). But, boy, do those shorter workouts make my muscles scream. How is your rooster doing? I hope he is healing well still.

Laurie, great workout. Is this the first time you have done a dedicated Walk Strong 3 rotation? I am just curious. If so, do you feel it is enough (if that makes sense)? I love the workouts, but have only ever done them as one-offs, and I just wonder if the cumulative effect is even better. Anyhow, you have me craving gyros now! About the fabric bands…..I don’t think you would have the same concern about them breaking. I am seriously impressed by them. They are surprisingly flexible (though I admit to not comparing them to my other bands yet), and I find them so much easier to use. No sticking, no rolling up, no digging in to body parts. Seriously, it has me wondering what has taken so long to get some! :D Not trying to sell them to you or anything. ;)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Gina B Low Impact Hiit and an outdoor gentle yoga class with friends. We had a yogi reunion class at a friend's farm today. The class was held by a creek which was very nice and and would've been calming if I weren't concerned about bugs. The area was full of crab grass so heavy stuff that had been recently cut. The grass was wet and full of clippings. There really weren't many bugs. I had two red ants crawl on my mat but I was afraid other bugs would crawl on me. Grass is not my thing and never has been. I just went because our old yoga crew is trying to get together again. I'll have to volunteer our mountain view deck next time! We had a lite potluck lunch and walked around the farm which was nice.
    I was totally wiped out after that. I think it was the sun which I'm not used to. I try to avoid the sun as much as possible.
    It was great to see the girls again. We all think we had a great sisterhood and would like to make it happen again.

Laurie, great workouts. I do like Jessica's Pilates and Yoga classes.

If you don't like the bands, you definitely would like the loops workout. I've had bands break on me but it's nothing like a rubber band breaking!

Laurel, great job with those workouts!
    I love the shorter workouts and I went heavier with the chest, shoulders and triceps workout so I'm feeling the workout.
    Roosty is doing very well and has recovered. Thanks for asking.

Have a great day ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This mornings workout was Walk Strong 3 Upper Body, this one was better the second time around. I do have to remember to write down my weights for these workouts though.

Laurel, Nice job with the workouts. Yep so far this has been an all Walk Strong 3 rotation. I have only started to repeat the workouts this week. I think once I get through them all, I will start to include other workouts that I have of hers. So far I do not see a difference in what I was doing before. The first thing I usually notice is the increase in my waist. I have to admit that I do need to have more boxing in my life though, so I know that a Kelly workout will be inserted in these fairly soon. I do enjoy the stretching and yoga though. Now that I see some more pics of the workouts, I can see that the bands are more cloth like instead of the rubbery material. I have had to many of those things break on me, and they sure do hurt. I will wait for when she has them at a discount, because they usually do put them up for sale at some point.

Thelma, Sounds like an intense yoga class! I don't blame you for not liking bugs. Good job on your Hiit workout also. Thanks for the information on the bands, I'm sure that at some point I will be ordering them. My nephew has a hoard of chickens. He isn't very happy with his roosters, they keep pecking at him. He loves is "chicks" as he calls them. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 23/Legs, the core work from CTX Power Circuit and, for cardio, Perfect 30 High and Low Impact premix. I still love these Perfect 30 workouts.

Thelma, great workouts. I don’t think I would have been too comfortable working out on freshly cut wet grass. I don’t like bugs either. But I am glad you enjoyed the time with your friends. I am so glad to hear Roosty is doing well! That makes me smile.

Laurie, great workout. I think familiarity does make some workouts better, especially strength workouts. First time through, I never quite know what weight to choose. I am glad you aren’t seeing any change in your fitness doing this rotation. But I completely understand wanting more boxing, :D I am sure these fabric bands will be discounted at some time. I hope Cathe does more workouts with them.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were a Low Impact Peloton Ride and STS Meso 2 Disc 23 Legs, Stretch.

Laurie, great workouts. I'm glad you enjoyed the workout even better the second time around.

Good idea to wait for a sale to order the band workout.
    Roosters' defend their hens, that's their most important job. I've heard that they do attack some people. Someone asked about this situation in my chicken group today and the advice the woman got was for the person being attacked to give them a special treat that they only get during that situation. They love red grapes! Our Roosty is the sweetest little thing. I hope he remains that way. He's still very young and isn't crowing yet.

Laurel, great workouts!

If it hadn't been for my fear of bugs I would've enjoyed being there in the middle of a field next to a creek surrounded by trees.
    We tried to introduce Roosty back to the coop and it didn't go well. I should've researched reintroductions. He got attacked by the girls right away but DH extracted him right away. We've been placing his kennel next to the coop so they all get used to seeing each other. We allow the girls and Roosty to take turns going outside their cages. We bought a tiny cage for Roosty so he could be safe inside the coop with the girls. Since they've seen each other all week they were comfortable together. One of the girls chased him and pecked him but she did that before too. I distracted the two bullies with grass and mealworms. We were very happy with our progress. We'll keep doing this in small doses until we feel safe leaving them all in the coop.

Have a great day!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Walk Strong 3 Lower Body, this one again is a great workout. I have officially started writing down my weights. Took me long enough, but I'm going to commit to trying a full rotation. Can't say that they are effective workouts unless I try.

Laurel, Great workouts! When I first glanced at CTX Power Circuit, I thought that you had done the workout and then noticed that it was the ab work. I have not done that workout in a very very long time, but I remember those workouts really bothering my knees. Of course I was using a really high step at the time, so that probably was a factor to having that problem. That is my problem with the weight work also, she gives such a range of weights, and then you think oh ya I can use the same weight that I use with Cathe or Kelly. NOT!! I'm always taking the weight down from where I started. :D

Thelma, Nice workouts! I will have to give my nephew that information, I'm sure that he is on some type of group for information on his brood. It's kind of funny to see how excited he gets when talking about them. You have this guy wo is about 6'8" and he is having a blast taking care of his chickens.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute Peloton spin, 10 minutes of Peloton core, and 20 minutes of Peloton yoga focused on hamstrings and hips. And I took a nice walk. While it is still hot, there was more breeze today which made it feel less oppressive. I enjoyed that. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I imagine it will take time for your chickens and Roosty to feel comfortable again, but it sounds like it is going well so far. I can’t imagine all you have learned about animals over the last year!

Laurie, great workout. No doubt writing down your weights will help improve the rotation. I really should do that again too. I still record with STS, but that is it. I know I am doing myself a tremendous disservice. I never meshed with any of the cardio from CTX. The only one I could tolerate was the kickboxing and even that one I found a little annoying because of some of the form. But I love the strength work and the core work enough to keep the series around. Leaner Legs is still one of the best.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Zumba and Vinyasa Yoga.

Laurie, great workouts. Good job on writing down your weights.

Awww! Sounds like your nephew loves his chickens. My friend suggested I joined these FB groups. "Chicken Lovers Group" and "Chicken Vet Corner's Chicken Talk". I think he would love the Chicken Lovers group. People give advice but also post adorable pictures of their chickens, coops, chicken themed decorations. The Vet Corner group is a serious and strict group because real vets are giving advice.

Laurel, great workouts. I was a little cooler today here too.
    We definitely have made great progress with the hens and Roosty. We tried again today and it went pretty well. Roosty is starting to crow. We heard a sound outside we didn't recognize today and I thought it was one of the cats. DH told me the sound was coming from outside. I ran outside to check on Roosty because I thought it was a hawk. It was little Roosty! LOL

Have a wonderful weekend Ladies! Our weekend will be spent working on our chicken run extension project.

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

My workout was Walk Strong 3 Cardio Step Jam, really do love this one. One of the things that I enjoy is the fact that she uses the small step for these. Just makes it so nice not to have to pull out that full size step.

Really muggy this morning, my glasses fogged up when I got out of the car. Feel like I'm in Florida. :D

Laurel, Nice job on your workouts, and getting out for a walk. With the warm weather that we are having, the mosquitoes are trying to get us as we are walking. You really can't stop, or you will get attacked. I'm with you on the CTX cardio portion of the workouts. I thought I was the only one that really didn't enjoy the kickboxing one, and for the same reason that you have stated. There is only one of the background exercisers that seems to have some kickboxing experience. Unfortunately Brenda's form is bad, and for some reason I tend to focus on that. :D That is probably the reason that Brenda tends not to be in any of the the kickboxing workouts after that. Oh yes Leaner Legs is still one of the best leg workouts.

Thelma, Great workouts! I will have to send my nephew the information on those groups. My mom said that I need to make him a quilt with chickens on it. I have to make sure that the chickens don't have bright colors. I have some really good dark fabric, so I have to start trying to make some chicken blocks. If I do then I will for sure attach a picture of them.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 24/Back and Biceps followed by Cathe Live Cardio HiiT Plus Core. I love this week’s Meso 2 workouts. Tough, short, and leave the muscles feeling loved. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I smile when I think of little Roosty learning to crow. That is so sweet. I think I would just want to cuddle him a lot, but how does one cuddle a rooster? :D

Laurie, great workout. I think I have only done that one once, but I remember liking it because it wasn’t tricky at all. Yep, the glasses fogging up the minute you go outside is such a summer feeling. B) Hopefully you get a break from the humidity and mosquitoes soon. I think our humidity is about to ramp back up as this tropical storm/hurricane approaches. It has been nice these last couple of days to have a little break from it though. If you do a chicken quilt, I will definitely want to see a photo of that! I don’t own much stuff with chickens on it (minus a pitcher in the shape of a chicken from Italy which is supposed to bring good luck) but I love stuff with chickens on it. :)

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was good but busy and hot and muggy. We continued working on the chicken coop extension but ran out of time and couldn't finish it.
    We are expecting Ida to hit us on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm not sure how bad it will be yet.

My workouts on Friday were Gina B's low impact Hiit and STS Disc 24 - Back and Biceps.
    Sunday: Peloton Interval & Arms Ride and Boss Loops: Glutes & Core. I really enjoyed the Peloton ride. It was my first time trying a ride with upper body work.

Laurie, great workout! I like it when the small step is used too.
    Is Brenda the blonde, uncoordinated one always in the back? I hear you! She is so distracting and I feel bad for her. I'm glad Cathe gives her a chance to be in her videos though.

What a great idea to make your nephew a chicken quilt! He will absolute love it. Chicken people love anything with chickens. I've not bought anything like that yet. I don't need more stuff to dust!

Laurel, great workouts! I am also loving the shorter workouts.

Roosty is the sweetest little bird. We love to cuddle him. He is so little that we just hold him against our body with our hand. He doesn't try to get away like the girls do. We are trying to get them used to being held. I tried to grab one today and you would've thought I was trying to kill her. LOL. Here's a picture of Roosty resting on DH's forearm.

ow96bc1vg3yr.png

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Had a nice weekend, but it was hot until Sunday. We had a downpour on Sunday, and that brought relief from the heat and humidity. This morning was a lovely 61 degrees, but foggy. I got some quilting done, and on Sunday I got my hair colored and cut. I guess that the top of my head is totally gray, except for one spot in the front and the back of my head. I told my dd that I was like Cruella. :D

My workouts where Saturday, Walk Strong 3 Barre. Nothing on Sunday. This morning was Walk Strong 3 Cardio HIIT, that is the second time I have done this one and I still enjoyed it.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, and glad to hear that you are enjoying the STS workouts. I found two different blocks to make for a quilt. One is fairly simple, and the other is something that I have not tried yet. Of course I probably would opt for the harder one, because it will add to my learning of paper piecing. The paper pieced chicken is more realistic.

Thelma, Awesome job on your workouts, they all sound like fun. Yes Brenda is the blond in the back. I like her, but at times she is off on the moves. She has been in Cathe's workouts since the very beginning. I know at one time she broke her hip and was out for quite a while. Oh yes dusting, not my favorite thing to do. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. We had a nice couple of days. Saturday was spent on the golf course for the first time in a few weeks. And, once again, we had it to ourselves. We are getting quite spoiled by that, but will enjoy it while the summer heat scares people away in the afternoons. Yesterday we did quite a bit of yard work. With Ida approaching, the humidity was so high I couldn’t see because of the sweat in my eyes. Today…..it is even higher! But today is also cloudy and cooler. Looks like we might get quite a storm tonight into tomorrow. I am hoping for rain but hope the theatrics miss us. Breaks my heart what Louisiana is experiencing….again.

Anyhow, for workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith Build Balance DVD Balance and Agility workout followed by 45 minutes of yoga flow. Yesterday was Cathe’s live class from last week which was Pumped Up Lower Body. It was a great workout. I followed it with a 30 minute Climb ride with Peloton. Today was STS Disc 22/Chest, Shoulders and Triceps followed by To The Max. I haven’t done that latter workout for a couple of years and it felt good today. But, along with IMAX 3, it remains, for me, one of Cathe’s toughest workouts. I am just glad I am still able to handle it, though on a lower step height than a few years back.

I just saw that Cathe has some new products out! I know I will be investing in a new set of long bands. Mine are just too old anymore.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you enjoyed the Interval and Arms workout. I like those as well. I hope you don’t get hit too hard by Ida. I know we are under a flash flood watch, but I haven’t seen too much about projected rain totals yet. I am just hoping for no tornadoes. I love the photo of Roosty! What a pretty little rooster. And what a sweetheart to cuddle like that. I definitely don’t think of roosters as affectionate. :D You have a special one there.

Laurie, great workouts. I am glad you are getting a break from the heat. Our high tomorrow is only supposed to be in the mid-70s, with the low on Thursday projected to be in the 50’s! That is crazy for August. No doubt we will have more heat and humidity, but autumn is most definitely on the way. I bet it felt good to get your hair taken care of. I wish my gray pattern was like Cruella! But, nope, mine is just…..boring. There are days I think about getting it colored again, but I really don’t miss the process.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel