What's on your mind?

Replies

• BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Words
    I’ve learned, it took me decades of being careful how I said things and walking on eggshells but it finally sank in, use as few words as possible to get your point across.
    Extra words tend to turn into ammo for a future war of wills.

I learned this after I divorced,
    wish I’d learned it sooner.

You sound very wise.

It was age 37 that I finally decided I'd no longer hold my tongue. That has not gone well. What that meant is multiple job firings. I no longer cared to accept abuse (worked only in male dominated fields during my lifetime). In personal relationships (friends & bf's), I also decided not to wait years for someone to treat me with respect... he/they had none... buh bye.

It's been a bleedin' lonely path since then. I'm envious of those with long term relationships with mutual love & respect. I almost can't stand hearing their stories of love & support. Why couldn't I have had that?

I sometimes think... what did I do in a past life that I couldn't attract that in this life time? I don't know the answer, but I am astoundingly annoyed by it. I truly hope I attract a good man in the next few years. I can't imagine another couple of decades alone.

I feel sure you will. 💓

Thank you so much for that. It means a lot. Trulyl
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    She's there sweetie. <3
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,426 Member
    I have laughed so much at my grand-kitten,
    his antics are hilarious.
    My DIL warned me about his late night flip-out,
    she was not kidding!
    He went crazy while we played, shredded my arm a bit. 🙄
    She did not tell me however that he would wake me up at 7:30am ready to start playtime.
    I woke to him biting my hand. 😂
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Disgusted at the Norwegian girls handball team getting fined for wearing shorts

yea, I thought that was pretty ridiculous when I heard about the rule.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    tmanfive wrote: »
    First off, idk how many times I’m gonna walk around work with my belt undone but perhaps people will think it’s just an edgy look I’m going for at this point.
    Also, all me and my friend do is talk about getting other jobs and the day she quits, I’m gonna actually start putting in applications. This place is so BORING! I can’t believe that I’m getting paid to basically dust and bs with my coworker all day.
    Like, my last job worked me to death for less pay, no benefits, no consecutive days off, no reliable schedule, no raises. My neck is screwed up probably forever from that place and here I do nothing and have everything. ... except work to do. Sounds nice but I prefer to be busy. The staring at the wall thing gets old. Looking at my phone gets old and I only have so many stories to tell the coworker. We’re already getting into my gritty backstory and I thought that was reserved for internet strangers and drunk nights out. 😵

I feel ya. Love my career, hate my job, but I’m sticking around because I get paid well to mostly swim, fish, and attend conference calls. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edit: oh, and obviously grace yall with my presence here on the forum.

Sounds like a nice gig. I'd take it!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    First off, idk how many times I’m gonna walk around work with my belt undone but perhaps people will think it’s just an edgy look I’m going for at this point.
    Also, all me and my friend do is talk about getting other jobs and the day she quits, I’m gonna actually start putting in applications. This place is so BORING! I can’t believe that I’m getting paid to basically dust and bs with my coworker all day.
    Like, my last job worked me to death for less pay, no benefits, no consecutive days off, no reliable schedule, no raises. My neck is screwed up probably forever from that place and here I do nothing and have everything. ... except work to do. Sounds nice but I prefer to be busy. The staring at the wall thing gets old. Looking at my phone gets old and I only have so many stories to tell the coworker. We’re already getting into my gritty backstory and I thought that was reserved for internet strangers and drunk nights out. 😵

You need a happy medium. Good luck on your job hunt!!

Speaking of boring jobs, I used to work at this machine that tested the viscosity of rubber used in components they made. Sometimes the rubber would go through in 30 seconds and boom, do the paperwork, keeps you busy. Then the next sample might take 30 minutes or more.......I asked my boss WTH am I supposed to do while I wait(especially when the big wigs would do a walk-through). He said look busy or bring a book to read. It was sooo monotonous.
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Speaking of boring jobs, I used to work at this machine that tested the viscosity of rubber used in components they made. Sometimes the rubber would go through in 30 seconds and boom, do the paperwork, keeps you busy. Then the next sample might take 30 minutes or more.......I asked my boss WTH am I supposed to do while I wait(especially when the big wigs would do a walk-through). He said look busy or bring a book to read. It was sooo monotonous.

Yep. Same at the textile fiber plant where I worked force half a minute.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,426 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Speaking of boring jobs, I used to work at this machine that tested the viscosity of rubber used in components they made. Sometimes the rubber would go through in 30 seconds and boom, do the paperwork, keeps you busy. Then the next sample might take 30 minutes or more.......I asked my boss WTH am I supposed
    to do while I wait(especially when the big wigs would do a walk-through). He said look busy or bring a book to read. It was sooo monotonous.

Speaking of boring jobs,
    I lasted 1 week, staring at a microfiche machine for 8hrs a day for a department store.
    Headache every night.
    Most of my retail type jobs lasted from 1day to 1week, rarely longer. 😂
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    tmanfive wrote: »

I feel ya. Love my career, hate my job, but I’m sticking around because I get paid well to mostly swim, fish, and attend conference calls. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edit: oh, and obviously grace yall with my presence here on the forum.

…… obviously 👍
  • BraydanTaffy
    I have laughed so much at my grand-kitten,
    his antics are hilarious.
    My DIL warned me about his late night flip-out,
    she was not kidding!
    He went crazy while we played, shredded my arm a bit. 🙄
    She did not tell me however that he would wake me up at 7:30am ready to start playtime.
    I woke to him biting my hand. 😂

I love bossy kitties.

ma81i7dl9cgs.png
  • BraydanTaffy
    Job hunting. Too much research, sending out CVs, sitting.

It will be nice when interview requests start coming in. Fingers crossed.

Keep at it! I'm in the same boat. It's tough because it's a lot of effort but fingers crossed we both get something soon!

Yes, cheers! Good luck to you!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    I just turned down cash from a client (who tried to give it to me because I filled out a form for him) and he did a poor job of pushing it on me so...who's really at fault here?