Online dating

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    I've been dating all of you online for what is, I think, a few weeks now. Truth be told, it's felt like a dozen eternities. I think it might be time for us to take some time off, you know? Spend some time apart? I think it would be good for everybody here.

I sincerely hope that you're able to find someone who really fulfills that desire within you. As for me, I'm going to take my online-dating time and just convert it into bitcoin.

But - I thought we had made a connection of the soul! What do you mean take some time off? I can't live without you! :)

Might make a bit more if you invest it in confederate greenbacks instead. (course, if you happen to have some, they might actually be valuable these days)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    Today I got a message from a 32 year old man who lives an hour away, saying I'm beautiful and he wants to meet me.
    I thanked him for the complimented pointed out that I'm 61 years old and not interested.
    He said that he likes older women. I told him I like older men and want someone who lives closer. Thanks, but no.
    About 2 hours later he texted me that he's in my town and where should he pick me up for dinner.
    I gave him the address of the Police department? 20 minutes later he blocked me.
    It kinda cracks me up but also makes me uneasy that he drove such a distance when his attention was unwanted.
    Do you think I should report him to Match.com?

That's beyond creepy. You turn him down twice and he still shows up expecting a date? I'd report him. Maybe he's just pushy, or maybe you're saving another woman from a dangerous encounter.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    I'm trying to report him but because he blocked me, I can pull.his profile to report on. So frustrating! I need to wait until the morning to phone it in
    I did a screen shot of his photos to run a reverse image search ( nothing came up on any of them) so have those to fall back on if needed.
  • Finishiitnow
    Finishiitnow Posts: 896 Member
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I find online dating only works if you actually meet rather quickly, unless you just want something casual or to stay online. My best experiences were with men I chatted with briefly online, then met (at a neutral public location) within a week or so.

I met the love of my life on Bumble 💕

I love ROMANTIC stories....
  • baebabu
    baebabu Posts: 214 Member
    probably not, but now you can't really meet anyone outside.
  • eng_maaka1981
    eng_maaka1981 Posts: 763 Member
    It's good when it happens with real people looking for something long not one stand night and disappear. Then, it's turns into the best when they can meet in reality
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    I used okcupid and met my husband there.
  • ajlmfp22
    ajlmfp22 Posts: 54 Member
    Hit or miss depending on a number of factors, especially with the pandemic happening. I didn't have any success even just trying match with women on Tinder, Bumble, or OKCupid personally. But I had no problem matching with men on Grindr and Scruff.
  • Finishiitnow
    edited July 2021
    Today I got a message from a 32 year old man who lives an hour away, saying I'm beautiful and he wants to meet me.
    I thanked him for the complimented pointed out that I'm 61 years old and not interested.
    He said that he likes older women. I told him I like older men and want someone who lives closer. Thanks, but no.
    About 2 hours later he texted me that he's in my town and where should he pick me up for dinner.
    I gave him the address of the Police department? 20 minutes later he blocked me.
    It kinda cracks me up but also makes me uneasy that he drove such a distance when his attention was unwanted.
    Do you think I should report him to Match.com?

You should! Maybe even tell your neighbors to keep an eye on you.
    🙏Be safe friend.
  • DuathlonDon22
    DuathlonDon22 Posts: 21 Member
    I've been on Eharmony, Hinge, FitnessSingles with no luck....hopefully now that things are starting to open up something will materialize.
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited July 2021
    I haven't tried the online dating yet. I think that whole system makes it too easy for men, nowadays!:)
    mholl15 wrote: »
    they definitely work but keep in mind that you will only find the online daters online. The girl/ guy of your dreams may be sitting alone inside Starbucks so don't be afraid to log off, get outside and speak to some attactive looking strangers

• bby_dvll
    bby_dvll Posts: 429 Member
    edited July 2021
    i have been in online relationships, all i can say is it’s hard. if you’re okay with not having that physical connection with someone then it’s fine, but being touch deprived is another story.
  • Finishiitnow
    mholl15 wrote: »
    they definitely work but keep in mind that you will only find the online daters online. The girl/ guy of your dreams may be sitting alone inside Starbucks so don't be afraid to log off, get outside and speak to some attactive looking strangers

You are brave
  • Finishiitnow
    Better not