Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your HM, @quilteryoyo .
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion @martaindale ! I was thinking about an old railroad bed that was made into a running/bike trail that is about an hour away, Tweetsie Trail. I think @Teresa502 has run there before.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Thanks @7lenny7 . I did go to the closest Fleet Foot last week, but they don't keep any in stock, so couldn't try any on. I will check out the REI website with those qualifications in mind.

• penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Distance Log:
    Aug 2: 4.17 miles
    Aug 4: 4.80
    Aug 6: 5.94
    Aug 9: 5.74
    Aug 11: 2.75
    Aug 16: 5.86
    Aug 18: 3.58
    Aug 20: 5.75

Total: 38.59/60 miles
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    August 1 – 6.33
    August 2 – 5.35
    August 3 – 5.28
    August 4 – 5.27
    August 6 – 6.04
    August 7/8 – 5.01
    August 9 – 4.83
    August 11 – 5.59
    August 12 – 4.08
    August 13 – 5.15
    August 14 – 5.52
    August 16 – 6.02
    August 17 – 3.11
    August 18 – 8.02
    August 20 – 6.01

Back in town and even though it was still warm and humid this morning, when I finished the run at least the air seemed cooler than when I was in Florida. I felt no relief there after the run!

@quilteryoyo – I’m so sorry that your HM is now virtual but I’m glad that you are pressing forward and not using that as an excuse to back off! Your hard training is going to pay off! Unless you run on the Tweetsie Trail in Johnson City/Elizabethton or on the Creeper Trail in Abingdon, you are probably going to have a hilly route. I know you have been training on roads so you probably don’t want to run on technical trails like at Bays Mountain. Since it won’t be an official race with road closures, you will have to be careful of traffic - you probably want an area with decent sidewalks. Have you run any around the town of Greeneville? Does it have good sidewalks? If you want to come to Kingsport, I can easily find a 13-mile route for you. Are you running it on the same day that he AF half was scheduled? Maybe I could join you for part of it. (I think it was last month that we discussed running vests.)

Good to “see” you back with us @7Lenny7!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @7lenny7 Hugs for Kody <3 He's a beautiful dog.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @7lenny7 I hope you enjoy the yoga class. I've thought about it, but haven't signed up for anything yet. Bless Kody's heart. I hope he is able to get in some good walks/runs/hunts once the weather cools. He's beautiful.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 It’s so good to see you and Cody back! Re: plantar fasciitis - mine went away when I started doing rocker squats to cure unrelated shin issues. Since the rocker squats also stretch the back of the ankle and calf, that’s probably why.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Sorry about Kody @7lenny7 :'( But I know exactly how you feel. I have had two labs, both made it to 13 years. But both had hip dysplasia, and it got so bad that they couldn't move. They stopped eating and we finally had to put them down. So I have vowed to never get another lab (or probably any other dog). They are the best dogs, but going through that loss is like losing a child. Just too hard for me.

I'm with you.