Moment of realness

Options
KickassAmazon76
KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
edited August 2021 in Health and Weight Loss
Moment of realness... All these pics were taken today.

ufib7d62cnux.jpg..scrclpmvfsxs.jpg

2n99bfogy2x7.jpg..gvu996g4kd16.jpg

The first two might cause people to think I am super fit and have this awesome body to be coveted.

The next ones not so much.

I guarantee you that the first ones are flexed to hell and back and the second ones are just relaxed. Not pushing out at all, just... Relaxed.

I have put on weight. I have been eating my stress and it shows. Yes I have gained some muscle, but I have also gained fat.

AND THAT IS OK.

I DO have an awesome body. It lets me move heavy objects. It lets me play ball and be active. It moves me around. It supports me while I'm working and resting and having fun.

I want to take better care of it, and am working on that, but I also want people to realize...

What you see here is just a small side of me. The fit and strong side. You don't see the stresses and bad habits, you don't see the amazing and good habits. Please do not pass judgement ON ANYONE for the good or the bad based on a few pics or vids.

Its a superficial way to live if you determine a person's worth based on a social media platform.

Replies

• boilerdawg2009
    boilerdawg2009 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Looking fantastic!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Looking fantastic!

Thank you. :blush:
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Real is beautiful <3 you go grrrl!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    @KelpieLass , @RunsWithBees Thank you both!!! :heart:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    You are awesome in so many ways Sandy ... I love that you are real and upfront ... I am happy to call you a friend :)<3
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    You are awesome in so many ways Sandy ... I love that you are real and upfront ... I am happy to call you a friend :)<3

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much! I feel the same way about you!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    You are definitely a Kickass kinda gal!! <3 Strong inside, outside and all around the side!! You look great, you look real, and omg you don't look airbrushed. << Best thing of all! You are a strong, hard-working, courageous woman who women should strive to be like and not the woman on pg. 57 of Penthouse who is airbrushed and made up to the maximum. :/

One important thing that your body does well is love. And nobody should ever forget that they all have that within themselves. And there are so many people, whether in your family, circle of friends, strangers, who need that love given to them by you, myself, every person who posts here. Sometimes we dwell too much on every ounce we take in, grams of protein, how many steps we take every day but forget what truly matters in life. Yes, of course our health does, that's a given, but life is also so much more.

Just curious, was something said that started this post idea or just some personal cleansing? Because I love it!! Maybe we'll hear from others as well.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Another thing I have to often remind myself when looking at others' photos or weightlifting stats is to not compare myself or my journey to theirs, especially now that I'm more focused on body recomp and leaning out. I get frustrated when I see how "little" I seem to be lifting, especially lower body lifts, and it makes me feel weak. I have to remind myself, though, that our bodies are all different, including how much muscle tone we innately have and how quickly we respond to strength training.

My experience when recomping (without knowing that's what I was doing) was that I got leaner quite quickly, while I was lifting less heavy weights. Since I work out at home, alone, I am very very cautious about potential for injury and progress slooooowly.
    Then I started thinking about how I look at some of these people on tiktok and on here who are so strong and look amazing and look like they've figured it out, and wondered if they feel just as effed up as I do on the inside.

I would say yes, they probably do. What's that saying? Don't judge your own insides by another person's outsides. Especially not someone who took 20 or 30 photos or videos that were then altered/filtered/edited before they were deemed worthy of sharing publicly.

Strength of character beats showy muscles any day. And you've got both. <3
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    @KickassAmazon76

You might like the below.... it touches on some of the same issues....

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10689837/does-this-uterus-make-my-stomach-look-fat/p1

As for the other comments, I can certainly agree that viewing a social media platform is just showing the side of a person that they want to show. And often, many only show the good, and hide the bad.

As for the rest... life happens. Being human we are all way more imperfect that many others might think. Owning that is a great thing, because if you aren't honest with yourself you can't set priorities in life. And we never know what other people deal with unless they mention it, and many have a lot on their plate.

Sometimes we have to prioritize the inner struggles before we worry about the skin we live in, and that's ok.

Being imperfect = human

Owning and pointing out imperfections to set an example = Why did they get rid of the awesome button?

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    All props to @KickassAmazon76 for bravely sharing this.

It’s empowering to see other strong women…:dare I say?…..reveling in their imperfections. No, honoring them, as we all should honor and respect our own bodies.

With her permission, I’m adding to this thread, in hopes other ladies will share (to your comfort level) your natural, unenhanced, unaltered tasteful photos and GIFs.

Sometimes, seeing other women helps us heave that secret sigh of relief that we’re overthinking (and over-criticizing) expectations for our own bodies.

Like the old song says: Love the One You're With.

That’d be you.