WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Barbara - He is waking up at night with wheezing. Doc doesn't think it's anything, but the X-ray was a precaution.
    I think it is his very low heart rate and low blood pressure, which allows a bit of fluid to accumulate when he is immobile. He is still doing a full complement of exercise and going for longish walks. Not normally a problem during the day.

I'm looking forward to a short nap this afternoon, after I've done my rowing. Very yawny!

Escalopes for dinner.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Julie - One thing I cannot ration is hummus. :o I have got better recently at stinky cheese and can eat a piece a day now. A really good charcuterie, dried, cured, sausage is also irresistible. I rarely buy them. I currently have a wild boar one in the freezer. Daren't get it out, unless we have guests. :sad:
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Now there's a coffee table!! I love it!!

3vwu4i5tpita.png

ooooo I like that!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I've just ordered my birthday present from DH. :D It's a new Samsung tablet, 64 g as my 32g is always running out of space and I have to keep deleting the cache. I've already taken off Facebook and Amazon Music, because I can access them on my phone, but it still is not enough. Will be nice to have spare capacity.
    I use my tablet all the time. I say it will fall from my cold hands when I die. :D My laptop is only used for Word really, though I have a limited version on my tablet, which I do first drafts on.
    I also ordered a new, navy blue stand-up case for it.

New technology makes me nervous, especially at the 'getting everything transferred and set up' stage, but Samsung have a Switch App now, which makes everything a lot easier.

He is delighted not to have the responsibility of choosing a present for me, though we always have small presents in bed. (Tracey) >:) I know a few things have been arriving from Amazon. :p
    My birthday isn't until October, so don't think you've missed it. :laugh:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    My husband and I had a nice walk to the beach this evening ... first time we've walked down there in ages!

Also strawberries and blueberries are quite inexpensive now so I brought some home and we had them with mango sorbet for dessert. Yummy and summery! :)

M in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🍎🍒🍓
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,824 Member
    Options
    FOODS THAT ARE CHALLENGING FOR YOU TO EAT IN MODERATION?

What are some foods that you find hard to eat in moderation?

Have you had periods where you found it easier to eat in moderation than others?

Thanks from Julie, in Paris

For me, anything sweet! Carbs too! Pretty anything classified as junk.

RvRita
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie – Congrats on the flu shots. My husband is needle phobic. I hope he’ll get a flu shot anyway. He has an appointment with a new doctor on Thursday. Our longtime doctor retired and we both have new doctors. I’ve been to my new doctor once and have another appointment next Tuesday. I have loads of questions for him regarding vaccinations & our planned trip to Maryland in November for the birth of our new grandson. We would love to get a third Covid vaccination before the trip but I’m not sure when we will be eligible. :ohwell:

Machka – My favorite season is also summer. I have a summer birthday & crave the long summer days. November and December days are shorter than I like. We have responded to that by using very bright, daylight temperature light bulbs everywhere in the house. The bright lights we have chosen are easy on the light bill. :star:

Pip - I love the Bike MS photo. That is a very handsome dog. Enjoy your upcoming bike ride this Saturday. You are our Knight in Shining Bicycle Armor. :heart:

Allie – I hope your visit to the doctor this morning is encouraging & you are healthy enough that you do not need to pack any bags. :heart:

Heather – Choosing your own birthday gift is a good idea. You will be happy with it and your DH will be happy that he has pleased you. Win-win. :flowerforyou:

Re food choices- I am an omnivore. I like meat and also love dark green veggies. I work at portion control and exercise.

Katla in sunshiney NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,688 Member
    Options
    Well took a shower and feel a bit better,not 100% but much better .. have a load of laundry in and made a bag for Alfie and have come over and gotten the boys outside at Toms..have left the bag here at Toms so if there is an emergency they just have to come pick him up,they have a fob to get in to my place as I have a key to come here ,once Homer passes I dont think I will need the key anymore.. but we wont worry about that right at the moment.
    My elderly neighbor Lil who lives upstairs her daughter called Trudy and said she got a call that her mom had fallen at Dollar tree and they were taking her by ambulance to the hospital but she had a dentist appointment ( the daughter) huh? Really your 92 yr old mother is rushed to the hospital and your going to the dentist? Oh brother...
    I sure hope she is ok..I texted her son,i dont know if he receives texts or not.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    farsightedness

for reading glasses does your doctor check your level.

I waited a month for appointment and more than an hour to get there, wait etc.

and the guy says- you are 58 so you have this correction. period.

nothing I've seen online says that everyone the same age has the same correction farsightedness.

have you had that experience ? that an eye doctor says you are such and such aid so have this correction without testing for weaker of stronger?

I had cleaning man over today. he is fine.
    I'm grouchy today and didn't feel like having anyone in my home, but I tried to stay simple and not show inner grouchiness. I'm somewhat sociable but have been in lots of meetings all day long of late and then I like to be quiet. he is fairly chatty. it's a bit too much for me but I do like the clean floors kitchen and bathroom and saving time and energy for other obligations.

bonne soirée,
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    I feel just grouchy today, afternoon.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    I feel like I can vent here about most things, like eating too many cookies or being annoyed with my parents. Most of my complaints are pretty minor. I do try to avoid medical details. If I ever get another job, I'm sure they will search for me online.

The freezer episode seems to be over, except that I have lost track of the thawed hamburger and chicken that was due to be cooked by today.

I loved that book "The Time Traveler's Wife." Absolutely marvelous. Reads more like a romance than science fiction.

I have trouble eating too many cookies. They are such a perfect convenient little munchy. And chocolate.

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    :) My new bearded iris bulbs arrived this week. I ordered them in the spring in a rare moment of extravagance. They are interesting colors and have exciting names. I thought all summer about where I would plant them and settled on planting them next to my other exotic iris (black, red, orange). Finding the space for planting requires that I dig up some elderly lavender plants so that's what I started on today. I do yard work in sessions of less than an hour a day to be sure that I don't injure my back so I'm not finished clearing all that needs clearing, but I've made a good start. My arm aches a bit from the two vaccines from yesterday but it was no hinderance to the work I did.

:)Pip, bon voyage.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,528 Member
    Options
    😬