WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Allie - hope everything goes well at the nephrologist

M - that's usually how my legs are. If the seat is parallel with my hips, then my legs are stretched. Maybe this time they weren't as stretched as they should have been? Well, it seems to be getting better.

Went for my evening walk, then played mahjongg outside. I'm thinking right now that it gets dark so early that I should play on the porch.

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,841 Member
    Options
    Usual daily stuff.
    Hi I'm tired again ! not new!
    I was working on writing but it' snot going well today. Mind wandering non-stop almost. After nearly a day thus - I have given up, at least for now.

My new GP recommended a plant-based thing for helping to sleep. finally the ingredients say mostly valarien (which I already have) and a bit of Hawthorn. I tried taking it and fell asleep maybe at 1am or so- not really progress so far. but I'll keep trying. I'm happy to go for the placebo effect with plants, if need be. I thought Valerian was rather scientifically proven but that doesn't seem to be the case. otherwise he suggested melatonin, which also doesn't seem to be very efficient statistically.

I did reach my advisor- I wrote to her and called in July, then early this week- no answer. finally I called her assistant who suggested sending an SMS. I wrote - "I dont know if you got my mails and calls from July and this week S. suggested I write an SMS so here goes." plus I asked S to tell her I called. and finally my advisor called. 2 months later... Better to talk. I had to tell her I had medial issues which slowed my work. I read my doctor's not to her but she said it won't be considered serious enough - so I'll have to have sick leave - to justify prolongation. She said the commission to ask for extra time already took place in June. I didn't think I'd need the extra time in June but also I thought that they would notify us about the commission before having it.
    I'm behind but with COVID etc, we get a bit of extra time. I'm ready to be done with this. But I need Better focus days than today. August was dead quiet and people were not around and I was more concentrated. Now with the business of back to school period - even if I have time off for writing - is distracting.... meeting a rather good friend for dinner this evening - but my motivation is medium !

I tend to be a bit of a homebody...

feel sleepy too from falling asleep late.

DERMATOLOGIST FOCUSED ON LASER FOR SCAR

She had said It was 100% covered but then afterwards was going to have me pay for it (whereas I don't have to pay in 100% coverage! Then gave me a form to ASK the insurance if it's covered. And seemed to say in her experience this laser is most efficient at this point (which I later found doc to corroborate), but that most of her colleagues would say it's too early for laser. So basically she was saying it was covered was going to charge me 120 euros that was very likely not reimbursed....

Anyway. Trying to rest to at least enjoy dinner out this evening...

What's your thesis topic?
  • Machka9
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka: - 😍😂 Recovering People Pleasers! Unite! And please yourself! 😂😂😂
    Re Stress: at the beginning of the pandemic when I had to give up most of my commitments to the charity I work with because of Covid restrictions, I realised that I had been under a lot of stress with the groups that I was running. As the months rolled on it occurred to me that I hadn't been doing myself any good with all the stress that I had, in essence, chosen, and I decided that it was better for me to step back from the responsibility of the roles I had agreed to do. Once I made that decision, the stress disappeared. I am currently stepping back from these roles one by one.

☘️ Terri

I found the same thing with the COVID restrictions. The 4 months we were closed here were fabulous!! The amount of stuff I had to attend to diminished dramatically and loved the freedom. Then uni finished and there was more freedom ... and I just wanted more! So I started resigning from things and making myself redundant. Even today, I added someone else as editor on our cycling FB page and he changed details on his own event. Perfect!!

I find I like doing things that don't have a lot of commitment and responsibility. Tomorrow we're going to our son's hockey grand final. Next week, I'm doing a run. All a bit of fun!

M in Oz

It was a good game, tied with 30 seconds to go, and then the other team scored ... so my son's team didn't win. But they played well.

On the way home I picked up more green pens for my colouring. Turns out there's a lot of nature in the pictures I'm colouring so I use a lot of green. Also got some supplies for a Christmas project I'm going to attempt.

Added it up out of curiosity and my husband has had 60 medical appointments since January 1. Thank goodness for the COVID shutdown or there would have been more!

Now to work on my bathroom some more.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Cycling inside with Zwift

hw58bjd42b7s.png

Plus rowing with my rowing machine, plus weights, plus Pilates.

po79nc71rgun.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Like colouring flowers in my colouring books? :smiley:

m31q0aj66u8v.png
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    Machka- didnt know you had a son.. how old is he and where does he live?
    I slept pretty well last night ,not great but pretty well and am making a cup of tea and sitting out in the living room and the way i have moved the chairs i can see tbe birds coming for the mealworms...will do some laundry and try and get the garbage together and put the table and chairs together...
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Terrible night's sleep. I think all the sudden social commitments are feeling a bit overwhelming to me right now. It's been so long without many.
    I dreamt about an old boyfriend who is in my memoir and then could not get back to sleep. Went upstairs and listened to an inspiring video, which helped. :D But I was a bit tossy-turny. ;) Very truncated night.
    Nearing the end of my memoir is also a bit of a watershed. Nerves are perfectly natural, I think.
    However, I have wrapped up Edie's birthday presents for next week and will ask my son to take them home with him when he drops us off late tonight. That will save us carrying them to the school pick-up on Tuesday. Just popping out to find a card for her.
    Then we set off for the babysitting later. I'm happy to help my son celebrate his birthday over a year late. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    :) We're getting rain here which is so good after nearly drought conditions for so long. The dogs wore their coats yesterday for the first time in months.
    <3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Machka- didnt know you had a son.. how old is he and where does he live?

He's my husband's son ... my step-son. He's in his 30s, married and lives in Tasmania. Both he and his wife play field hockey so we go to some of their games. He's an architect and she's a teacher.

I also have a daughter (step) in her late 30s, married with 2 boys and also living in Tasmania. They're both doctors. However, for reasons known to her ... she doesn't want to see us. But we've met and had a nice chat with her husband.

M in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options

dlfk202000
    I had a letter from the doctor for each of the triplets stating that he wanted me to have them and use them for the little ones to help with their muscles as they were preemies- NOPE-letters didn't matter. Got a class A violation, posted on my front door, had to send him pictures of the exersaucers in the shed and a picture of the lock on the shed by 5pm that day. I

Wow! Crazy ridiculous strict. Pfft!

RITA.
    Allergies are making it hard for me to get back to my “zen” place. Eating junk food too not helping
    I get allergies in the spring; I have to eat more clean around then - depending on where I am and the pollen count. Pretty much NO dairy for a month or two or three (in regular life I don't eat much but have very occasional cheese, or pastry with cream or milk in coffee. butter causes no reaction, but I don't eat that often.) I sometimes have to avoid a glass of wine, sugar and even sometimes best avoid/reduce grains when really in a pinch. Rest a nap helps a LOT (so many times I had sneezing wheezing allergy and a short nap/deep rest attenuated it temporarily)... allergies is ONE of the reasons I thought finally that living in the city was not so bad...less grass pollen! Even if others may or may not have it worse - it's still fine here to acknowledge and write about going through a slump, and challenges.

BETH woohoo for some progress on your leg healing!

VICKIE a therapist who I wasn't too keen on and didn't stick with was really into dreams and I think she (or someone) said that in dreams all the different characters are parts of the dreamer. in a way she must be right because they all come from our mind. I think she would have me write down the dream and talk about them in that light. I didn't click with her but I think that might have worked sometimes.

MICHELE skin tags seem to have no link to cancer and removal is just for aesthetic reasons if desired and very quick I believe. I think they freeze it off with a touch: zap!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    KATIE I'm sorry about your sister.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Nice dinner meeting with friend-colleague yesterday. running late for meeting up with friend.s at thing...lazy-ish day today.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Uuuuuuu
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We are having an overcast/drizzly morning and it looks like the fishermen out in their boats are all wearing rain gear while they fish. It nice and cozy in my house as I enjoy watching them from my window. :smiley:
  • kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    nbbaby wrote: »
    Hello group,
    My name is Sharon.
    This is my first time in this group.
    I'm 53, wife, mother of 3 grown children, grandma to 5 granddaughters. I have disabilities Fibromyalgia, 9 Herniated Discs, Arthritis, asthma, ptsd, anxiety etc... I'm 228 lbs, trying to get to 160 lbs. I've tried everything and am tired of yo-yoing. I have high blood preasure (even though I'm on 2 different BP pills daily and I have hi cholesterol and a family history of heart attacks. I have a hard time walking around for more that 10 mins because of my back, so I don't do exercising, So I have to do it through diet. I take 9 different meds aday mostly for pain, BP, cholesterol & IBS-C & Acid Reflux. The doctors want me to have surgery on my stomach. I don't want that so I'm trying to lose weight myself. I have no support at home.So I've turned here trying to find some. My weigh in days are Monday. 💕
    Sharon - Winnipeg, Manitoba,

Hey Sharon.

I found that a low carb natural diet has worked wonders for me. I don't have high blood pressure but a while back my triglycerides were above 300 my total was around 200 and my HDL has been as low as 22.
    I eat mostly low carb but still eat plenty of fresh veggies I just don't eat like potatos very often. I eat some fruit berries, grapefruit, persimmon and such no watermelon.
    On top of the low carb issue I try to eat only natural foods not one that are heavily processed or additives and I buy organic for most of my foods. My meats are grass-fed or pastured without grain supplements. Real butter, mild, yogurt. Because I combining low carb with gut biome. I have a few supplements I take as well.

Point being the low carb allows me to lose weight without being hungry and I don't do much exercise. I currently am not losing weight because I'm stress eating or eating when not hungry. But even with that I have dramatically changed my cholesterol numbers.
    I tested today
    Total 161
    HDL 41
    Tri 129

All in the green
    A nice ratio of 3.9 though there are other ratios I look at more. With the IBS you should look into any eating plan you are looking at to include gut biome.

Good luck on your journey whichever path you take.

Kiz
    North FLorida