WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    5bc70132ug58.png

On the treadmill, using Zwift ... not one of my easier runs!! My legs weren't happy.

Oh well ... lots of calories!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Today I finished organising the bathroom. :) My husband has a little bit to do with his area but the rest is organised. I got rid of quite a bit of stuff and have plans to get rid of more as the weeks go by.

I also put away a couple weeks' worth of laundry!

Plus I ran ... and am now a bit sore.

Tomorrow, I go back to work.

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Rebecca – Your tea cups are lovely and the trees outside the window are lovely. It seems like a very nice neighborhood. Fingers crossed for your annual renewal. It is in a lovely place. :star:

Heather – Your DDIL is gorgeous! I’m glad the were able to get to the concert in time. Bethoven is a favorite. I tune my car radio to classical music regularly. :heart:

Our brother in law passed away a few days ago. He was 90+ years old and lived a long and productive life. I do not know whether there will be a funeral or service. He was a hard woking man, and the father of many children, now adults and grandparents with their own grown grandchildren.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Oooooo
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    If that window got any sun, it would be great for plants or flowers, but sadly it doesn't.

If it is facing East or North, it's perfect for African violets.

<3
  • kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Well caught up on the reading.

Off to work. I did a little yesterday and starting earlier today so maybe I won't be up until 2 am this morning getting ready for tomorrow. 2 new kids added to my AP stats class sure 4 weeks in is a great time to start an AP class. Yes I can get them up to speed in no time. No they won't have to put in any extra time. Because we don't want to penalize kids who are starting 9/20 for a class that started 8/16.

Working to get one's calculator working.
    Slide decks.
    Newsletters.
    Phone calls

I have told myself I'm going to persist because I want to have my hubby retire early but truth is he'll probably have to work until he's 59.5 either way due to 401k rules.

I made $700 trading on Friday. I might just need to do that instead. It doesn't bring cash into the household since it is inside a Roth but it sure does make retirement easier. It's more than I make working these crazy hours each week.

I am finding on the weekends I can stay on plan but weekdays or late nights I stress eat. So I'm setting the goal one more time to stop stress eating. I start my gallbladder cleanse tonight so it should make it easier not to stress eat for a least a few days.

Kiz
    North Florida
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,826 Member
    Options
    Liz. I eat similar to what you described, except for the guy biome. What is that exactly? I’m also stress eating. Feel better this morning so we will see how today goes.

RvRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,826 Member
    Options
    I get a once a month Box of essential oils that includes recipes and most of what you need to make them. I got two cut votive candle holder from the Dollar tree yesterday after the dentist and plan to make the 2 candle recipes today. I’ll post pics when they are done. One recipe called for pine cones. Well, can’t find those around here so bought a cute little hanging thing with broom thingies and scented that. Smells so good.

Well, campers at door and I need to do laundry so laters ladies!

RvRita
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    Dh and I spent the day up in Sacramento yesterday. Went shopping at KP International Marketplace- think Costco size or bigger but all international groceries- this time we only spent an hour(but I did realize after we left that I missed a section) then met up with a friend and his daughter to celebrate his 60th birthday and our 29th anniversary- both are today but I told dh I wanted our actual anniversary dinner(or lunch) just the two of us. He was surprised at me feeling that way but agreed. We went to a Korean place. We have never been there. It was pricy but really good- all the little "banchan"(the little side dishes, mainly pickled veggies of all kinds-at least 15 of them). I filled up on them, gave dh my rice and brought 90% of my chicken katsu home with me. Did great calorie wise with that meal but that cheese and spinach piroshki made with philo dough from the Russian bakery was I am sure most of the calories I should have eaten for the whole day. It was really good and I did enjoy it. After dinner the three of them wanted boba tea- I got a hot lichee tea that was too sweet for me but flavor was really good- drank part and brought the rest home and added it to my black tea this morning- still great flavor but not super sweet.
    Today we will go out for lunch or dinner- I told him I was fine even just doing a picnic at the water front. We just need to spend it just the two of us.
    He is sleeping now.
    I will watch church and then get some computer work done that I have fallen behind with and enjoy my tea

Ten minutes until church starts- I will try going back IN church in a few weeks. Next Sunday we will be at my mom's- I have my 41st class reunion(our 40th was postpones so we are doing ours with the other class) on Saturday so we will spend the night at mom's. DH said he doesn't feel comfortable being with all those people he doesn't know so most likely he will stop in, say hi to my cousin and a few others he knows then just hang out at mom's and either come back to get me when it is done or I will get a ride with someone. I am totally fine with that but his excuse is what bothers me. We will be outside and he can wear his mask if he wants. Two weeks ago he helped a friend with a comic con event- two days inside, and had no problem being there(with masks on the whole time). If he doesn't want to be there, I would rather him not and not have to deal with his mood. I want to enjoy the evening with friends I haven't seen in over 40 yrs or friends I don't see often enough.

Time to warm my tea and get ready to watch church.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    I was tired of my white white hair and decided to add a bit of color.

wn3jm7a2mk59.jpg

Nice. I have been wanting to go red.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Carol,

Lovely!

Karen in Virginia

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    V nice Carol. Subtle shade. Suits you. :)

Quiet recovery day.

Then got a phone call from DSIL DH'S sister. She is waiting for a big ankle operation and there is a very long wait. Just recently she has been having terrible gut/bowel problems and has an appointment in the next two weeks for an investigation. Poor woman. She makes light of it, but they have cancelled their holiday and she is not very mobile. She used to be superfit for her age and busy, busy. When we know what the hospital says, we will organise a visit.

Tomorrow, on with the editing. Then a bit of thinking about the following day's lunch. We will, do the lateral flow tests that morning, early.
    Then it's a rush to the school to pick up Bea. The other two have music lessons, so my son will sort that out.

A bit too much going on at the moment for me to feel comfortable. My book is the priority, but life goes on and is picking up pace. A day at a time.
    The family are doing a little tea party for my birthday. That's lovely of them. It's the day after my brother and his wife are staying for two nights. Hmm mm.
    The editing will be done by then, but I will be working on the launch.
    ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx