Welcome to the new Community design. We know there are some big changes to get used to as well some challenges and bugs. Please check out our post about New Updates To The Community as well as Outstanding Bugs. We will continue to collect feedback and bug issues and will work to make improvements.

SandTiger's work in progress thread - starting weight 245

Replies

• nannurse
    nannurse Posts: 20 Member
    very inspiring. friend request sent.
  • irussell2168
    irussell2168 Posts: 1 Member
    You are an inspiration! You go girl!
  • Latrellis
    Latrellis Posts: 62 Member
    You look like a little kid now :)
  • Latrellis
    Latrellis Posts: 62 Member
    Besides your fantastic progress, you have given some great tips/ideas!
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 795 Member
    Latrellis wrote: »
    You look like a little kid now :)

LOL, that's funny - to me I look a lot older because now I have sagging skin under my jaw and such. But I AM happier!
  • rmorgan37
    rmorgan37 Posts: 14 Member
    Great job
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 839 Member
    Congratulations on losing a 100.2 lbs!
    That is awesome. Are you sticking to your goal weight or re-evaluating it or shifting to more fitness related goals instead? Do you have a special reward or event in mind to celebrate your achievement? Have you noticed what motivates you changes as the weight and life has changed?
  • BBIPAD
    BBIPAD Posts: 5 Member
    Myself
  • caseydimples
    caseydimples Posts: 130 Member
    I have really, really, really enjoyed following you and your progress. Congratulations on hitting 100!!! You are inspiring so many of us and I want to thank you for being so open and sharing. I'm so happy for you!
  • Sand_TIger
    I have really, really, really enjoyed following you and your progress. Congratulations on hitting 100!!! You are inspiring so many of us and I want to thank you for being so open and sharing. I'm so happy for you!

Thank you so much for saying so! I intend to keep on going till I hit goal. I'll keep sharing too if I think I have found anything worth sharing. All the best to you in your own journey! :)
  • GigiAgape1981
    GigiAgape1981 Posts: 39 Member
    @Sand_TIger absolutely amazing progress! You started this thread in January of 2020...right before the pandemic! Bravo! 👏(standing ovation).
  • Sand_TIger
    Thanks, GigiAgape! I don't think I would have done so well if it weren't for being able to work from home, away from all the potlucks and snacks at the office. I feel grateful that I've had such a long time to build better habits.
  • Sand_TIger
    Latest blog entry:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sand_TIger/view?id=calories-in-calories-out-and-why-trackers-are-estimates-at-best-997382

In case anyone is curious about anything or wants to hear my random opinions, I'm taking requests for blog topics. :)
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 3,106 Member
    True enough, BMR/TDEE calculators and fitness trackers just give us a starting point and our actual results will determine if it was a correct starting point or perhaps we need to adjust. Consistency is a great thing when losing weight, but also flexibility: adapting our strategy based on what works and doesn't work for us!