Welcome to the new Community design. We know there are some big changes to get used to as well some challenges and bugs. Please check out our post about New Updates To The Community as well as Outstanding Bugs. We will continue to collect feedback and bug issues and will work to make improvements.

The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• BeIn2day
    BeIn2day Posts: 810 Member
    ^^ yep 💙💛
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 3,493 Member
    BeIn2day wrote: »
    @BeIn2day ~ I agree, "Sober IS better" AND today is a new day!! It's all part of the journey and remember to repeat these words to yourself when you begin the boxing match in your head, "I am EXACTLY where I need to be right now!!" It helps me to reset to the present and the blessings of being me...remember the blessings of being YOU!! No more ~ No less <3

Thank you Lorraine 😊 🤗💖
    No worries- get back on track. I agree there is a little voice that tells us to drink and we hear it. So, if you're 99 percent of the time sober, you are doing amazing!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Hi 👋

I had a drink on Friday night after work. I totally get it when they say "relapse happens way before you take a drink. It happens in your mind first."

I knew I was going to drink. But I'm not being hard on myself. Just getting back on the wagon.

Some good things that came of it ~

I was quick to realise I just don't have the same level of excitement before drinking. I wasn't really looking forward to it. I felt like it was just more out of habit than anything else.

I didn't actually get much enjoyment from drinking the alcohol. It just doesn't taste nice. I was drinking to become intoxicated. Not for the taste.

I hated the stinking hangover.

I realise I could have had a much more productive weekend and done something else that didn't involve a single drop of alcohol to make myself feel better.

Sober is better ! 😌

Just caught up with your post. Ahh the hangover is such a bummer.
    Back on track though!
    <3
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 955 Member
    @Beka3695 You can do this. If you need a boost, watch some of the sober school blogs. Kate makes so much sense. thesoberschool.com then click on Kate's blog.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 955 Member
    @Bein2day. Hugs to you. We all know how you feel. I am going to a college sorority reunion in Florida tomorrow for a long weekend and I am looking forward and dreading it at the same time. The temptations are going to be high...we were hard partying girls in college. I want to keep that wine witch at bay because I know I can't moderate. My plan is to stick with NA beers and hope no one pressures me or I feel so much like a dork I cave. I can tell you right now that if I embarrass myself at this once in a lifetime event, it will not have been worth it.
  • BeIn2day
    Thanks @JenT304 😊

I hope you have a fantastic time at the reunion. I know what you mean about looking forward to / dreading an upcoming event. I think it must be because of all our 'drinking days' and our old 'drinking selves'. That feeling of it must be safe - because its familiar and EVERYONE else is boozing....

It's like I develop amnesia to all the ways booze has battered me in the past. It can be so friggin tricky !!
  • BeIn2day
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Hi 👋

I had a drink on Friday night after work. I totally get it when they say "relapse happens way before you take a drink. It happens in your mind first."

I knew I was going to drink. But I'm not being hard on myself. Just getting back on the wagon.

Some good things that came of it ~

I was quick to realise I just don't have the same level of excitement before drinking. I wasn't really looking forward to it. I felt like it was just more out of habit than anything else.

I didn't actually get much enjoyment from drinking the alcohol. It just doesn't taste nice. I was drinking to become intoxicated. Not for the taste.

I hated the stinking hangover.

I realise I could have had a much more productive weekend and done something else that didn't involve a single drop of alcohol to make myself feel better.

Sober is better ! 😌

Just caught up with your post. Ahh the hangover is such a bummer.
    Back on track though!
    <3

Hi Ruby ! Oh yeah. The hangover. Mmmm. Mine hangs around for like 2, 3 days and I feel kinda like the guy looks in this gif.....😂 I'm laughing. And crying at the same time.
    8tu6xmk9762k.gif
    Not fun. Luckily I'm 5 days AF now.
  • BeIn2day
    k58roda2favy.jpg
    Think its time to start reading this....heard so many good reviews....can't wait to read it. 📚