Today I Burnt ______ Calories Doing _____!

Options

Replies

• catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I've had a horrible day, how many calories does crying use up because that's the only "exercise" I really got done today. YOu folks keep up the good work. I'm on my way to bed, praying tomorrow will be better than today.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    I've had a horrible day, how many calories does crying use up because that's the only "exercise" I really got done today. YOu folks keep up the good work. I'm on my way to bed, praying tomorrow will be better than today.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) :frown:

Feel better. :heart:

~Cheryl

wonder if there are any calories in roses? (Miss AJ felt the need to eat hers- my picture.....:laugh: )
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Today i burnt not quite sure how many 400-500? calories doign an hour on my stepper machine
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Today I burnt 759 calories doing 30 minutes of low-intensity ellptical work in the AM, then lifting for 75 minutes and doing abs for 15 minutes in the afternoon. It was leg day so I'll be sore tomorrow!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Today I burnt 593 calories doing 45 minutes of turbo jam and 20 minutes of hips, buns and thighs.
    It would have been more but I was a little obsessed with my HRM (first time using it). Plus, I didn't put the belt on properly and it came off a few time during the first 20 minutes of turbo jam. Once I got things figured out, I was rocking!!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Today I burned 600 calories doing 25 on the elliptical, 25 on the treadmill, and 25 on the bike.
    I also did a little weight training but I have no idea how to calculate that...Oh well, I'm content with my 600!!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Today I burned 600 calories doing 25 on the elliptical, 25 on the treadmill, and 25 on the bike.
    I also did a little weight training but I have no idea how to calculate that...Oh well, I'm content with my 600!!

in Exercise tab:

type weights> (you will see)>
    Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)>

Go to one of the calories burned sites: such as the three below, or google calories burned. I like to check three sources and average the three for my answer. MFP often is very high in estimates.

http://www.fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp

http://calorielab.com/burned

http://www.weightlossresource.com/tools/exercise/calculator1_2.cfm
    Today I burned around 150 calories doing an hour of yoga.

I was very wobbly, so apparently strength training yesterday did fatigue my muscles. (I had only minor soreness. . .):flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Today =

300 kcal: Treadmill for 30:00 on "fatburner"
    358 kcal: AMTi 32:00 on "fatburner"

I did some floor stuff, but didn't bother to figure the calories.

658 total
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Today I burnt about 1000 calories doing 60 minutes of strenght training, 40 minutes on the eliptical and 15 minutes on the bike. I also stretched for 10 minutes!
  • RLCoach
    RLCoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Today I burnt 1100 calories on the exercise bike 80 minutes in 3 sets.

I burnt 700 during 5.5 hours of tennis lessons

I burnt 100 calories on 25 minutes of weight training.

Altogether I burnt 1900 calories today.

It was a great day, I am taking a break for the evening.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Today I burnt 911 calories lifting for 100 minutes (30 of that was max testing), 15 minutes abs, and 30 minutes on the elliptical.
  • tryinagain
    Options
    Today I burned 978 calories doing 45 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the step machine. I have a watch HRM with a telemetry strap. I love that thing. It is much more accurate than the machines. It really pushes me to keep my heart rate in the right zone.
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Today I burnt 415 calories swimming! :happy:
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Today I burned 776 Calories horseback riding and another 430 mucking stables, feeding and grooming ten horses.
    Cowboy
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Today I burned 776 Calories horseback riding and another 430 mucking stables, feeding and grooming ten horses.
    Cowboy

I wanna come "muck" stables! Um, if I don't have to get dirty. :embarassed: I miss my horse riding days. You better go eat some more.

bump
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,
    This morning I've burnt 656 cals doing Turbo jam and Hip Hop abs (hips, buns and thighs).
    The sun is shinning and it's going to be a great day !!
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Today I burned 671 calories during a 5 mile run!

And that's the farthest I've run in over 2 years, so I'm very happy!
    :smile:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I just burned over 500 cals doing 45 mind of turbo jam cardio party! whoot whoot!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    "I wanna come "muck" stables! Um, if I don't have to get dirty. :embarassed: I miss my horse riding days. You better go eat some more.
    cmriverside

[/quote]

You're welcome to...uh, but it does get you kinda dirty!:bigsmile:
    Cowboy