October 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,954 Member
    @Tramboman Not only am I impressed that you can identify all of those leaves, I'm more impressed that you could remember them all after you run!

@juliet3455 Those pictures are gorgeous! Great job on your hike.

@Scott6255 I'm sorry your shin is giving you so much trouble. Glad you found things that help it. Hope you are able to run the 15K without actual crutches. :wink:

@shanaber That is way too hot for October! I hope you get the cooldown and the rain.

@kgirlhart Glad you had such a nice run and that you saw Sunny today!

@skippygirlsmom and all the others that ran the 10K....Congratulations on being a part of the World Record!!!
  • CarsonSurfs
    CarsonSurfs Posts: 75 Member
    I've run 2,330 miles since the last time I set foot on a treadmill.

I love this. My longest no dreadmill streak (before I retired from running to become a recreational surfer :smile: ) was in the neighborhood of 15 months. I just can't stand that torture device. I caved because I had a 10 mile run on the schedule and there was sleet and ice everywhere. I couldn't even safely get to a trail.

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Getting caught up from the weekend. Lots of good running this weekend!

@mshawski As others said, no TMI here! I am also learning to <3 hills. I live in a very flat place but am now running on significant hills a few days a month at a second property. Hills are hard! They seem to be getting a little easier but I still have yet to do a run longer than 3-4 miles there because even shorter distances feel like a serious workout.

@polskagirl01 Congrats on 40 weeks of 40 km! That is a big commitment!

@AlphaHowls Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. Hugs from over here!

@Teresa502 Awesome work on your race! Love the race swag. I have never done one of those times events, but I know @7lenny7 has done a few and they sound interesting. I’ll have to see if one pops up in my local trails races.

@penguinmama87 Re dogs - I feel the same. I never worry about people (well, maybe the cars) but the dogs I always watch and give an extra wide berth. It is so hard to know which ones are the ones that will be ok and which are going to snap at you.

@quilteryoyo You get so much done in a day! It’s really impressive.

@Scott6255 I hope your shin behaves for race day. It’s good you have some aids figured out if you need them.

@ereck44 Tough break on the GI issues right before race day. Sucks you had to DNS. Hope you feel better soon.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    @Teresa502 - That's super awesome that you have friends close to where you work that let you shower there! And I agree on the Planet Fitness cleanliness factor... 😬

@martaindale - Your campsite looks lovely and very relaxing!

@ereck44 - Sorry you missed the race, but glad you're feeling better!
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    I don’t use a watch, just run with my phone, and the last time it rained, Strava not only stopped every few minutes, my phone randomly messaged an Amazon link to a belly dance outfit to my best friend from high school!

This is simply amazing 😂🤣😂🤣
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    @mshawski That run was an adventure! The mower guy got a good story to tell too!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    10/1 – 3.01
    10/2 – 5.05
    10/3 – 7.02
    10/4 – 4.01

19.09 of 90 miles

@Teresa yay for us! Thanks @quilteryoyo