Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 8min 33sec, 68elev, 3.16ap, 83ahr, 99mhr, 6.76mi= 600c
    Strava app= 820c
    Zwift home bike trainer- 33.13min, 18.06amph, 102aw, 63arpm, 366elev, 135ahr, 157mhr, 10mi= 316c
    Zwift app= 195c
    Walk to store n bk- 33.45min, 93ahr, 106mhr, 1.45mi= 182c
    Strava app= 176c

Total cal 1098

Didn’t run, had to do stuff to Bette
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,894 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Getting to know you question:

What is your favourite way to spend a day off ... or a day with no "must dos".

M in Oz

October is turning out to be a weird month. I'm not at work much this month - booked time off - but somehow this month seems busier than most with a lot of odds and ends.

My favourite way to spend a day off would be:

- to sleep in
    - to have a relaxing "wake up" time with coffee & breakfast
    - to cycle ... but with no time limits or particular distances in mind. I'd just like to go to a beautiful area and ride and ride and ride and ride. I'd like to stop here and there to take photos. Maybe stop somewhere for a snack. And ride and ride until I'm done.
    - to have a delicious dinner
    - to go through my photos while watching an amusing movie
    - to go to bed a little bit early with a good book

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Worked today so no formal exercise. I really think that I’ll be able to exercise, at least some days, after work and at the gym on the weekends. I need to check their schedule. Work tomorrow (as it’ll be every day except for the weekends) so no real formal exercise – yet.

Tracey – I honestly don’t plan to drag it out. There are things that I want to do. Just seems to me that there is the opportunity to earn extra money if you take your time. There are some workers who like to talk. I listen but really want to get my work done and in the most efficient way.

Rebecca - <laughing> does your son own a gun?????

KJ – you just had a lump in your throat???? As I was reading this, tears came down my cheeks. Thank goodness I wasn’t there or I’d have been bawling for sure

Came home from work then went with Vince to get his allergy shot and then we stopped at the Salvation Army to make a donation (and for me to go in the store). Ceramics tonight.

I went for a walk this afternoon. I tell you, it was hard for me to convince myself that I needed to go, but I did. What I need to do is to print out the schedule for the gym to know when I can go when there isn’t anyone using the rooms.

Tomorrow night is the first night of Newcomer bowling. We’re going to have it every week this year. And if people can’t make it or don’t want to bowl every week – so be it.

Anne DE – (((HUG))) So glad your mom got the appointment but it’s hard on you, I can hardly imagine

Michele NC
    who is off to view the gym calendar
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Heehee Michele, naah. But he'll have to keep an eye on that sweet Athena!

Today I was a lazy git. Read some, wrote letters some, and shared a bag salad with husband.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
    5paa4y83ew0y.jpg
    (my latest frittata).💖👍
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,926 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »

Elly Griffiths apparently loves the word “doughty.” She used it on page one if the newest book to describe that same policeman. I’m on book 9, so she probably used it in all the others, too. It just took me to book 8 and this forum to notice. I love those books - the Ruth Galloway ones. Anybody else read them?

:) Somebody on this thread recommended those books. I've read the first one and have the second one on my wish list
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3B)o:)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    lk8tkiczrwgo.png

That is about all the exercise I've done ... plus just a little bit of walking. I do have to get to and from work.

I haven't been feeling particularly energetic.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,218 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Dr Katie- It was me who recommended those books by Elly Griffiths. Both DH and I have read every one. Love them. I often buy a new out hardback as a birthday or Christmas present for us both to read.

Legs ached a lot last night, but I managed to sleep on and off. ;):)

KJ - I would have piped my eye too! <3 But I am always amazed at the honesty and caring of children. Apparently, even babies will choose the 'kind' toy over the 'nasty' one in experiments. Last night, over fish and chips, I mentioned our lunch out with DH'S ex BIL next week. "Why EX?" Edie said. DH explained about his ex partner, then she wanted to know why they had split up. "She died," he said. "How old was she?" "47" She said, "Too young. Poor Johnny." She got up and went and gave him a big hug.
    Your boys were a lot younger, <3 but some kids are just 'empaths'. <3 It's a wonderful gift, but has to be carefully supported as they grow up. It needs a secure foundation.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, practiced WBW, DM, GDLL, SWTD, called Spectrum Mobile to learn how to print statements (sequential screen shots, bah!), Bonus: 21/30 mins T’ai Chi from last Friday, 12/15 mins SWSY from Monday (3 lbs each: upward row, biceps curl–increase wt, overhead press,) 30 mins line dancing
    Just one thing: made 15 minute dance practice playlist on YouTube, set out BB&B torture bands with SWSY weights.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, SWSY, practice WBW, DM, GDLL, SWTD, Silver Linings, bank to pick up usb drive and make deposit, then St. Tim’s, then post office, dog group, backup files then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, text C, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=15 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=15 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins pilates, yoga or wii balance games.
    October
    6: Remind yourself that things can change for the better. Witness all the good changes that have come from the pandemic, cleanliness, fewer colds/flu, remote access to church and meetings, more time at home with loved ones.

Thanks to rain pants and jacket, got dogs down to the powerline in the drizzle. Good thing we went when we did, downpoured the rest of the day.

Machka that meme made me smile, especially his Tshirt ;) Favorite way to spend a day off would be lazing and reading in bed. However, I’m learning that days like that leave me feeling stiff and crappy so need to find another fave… 102 flights of stairs in 3 days = not energetic? Wow!
    Heather I wish you all the luck in the world, but think you’ve already got both Consciousness and Presence. Brava! Oh poor UK, first fuel shortages, now flooding? :love: the “polished” Edie bunny. Really loved Edie’s immediate reaction to your DH’s sorrow.
    Miss Kelly bless you for creating a safe environment for little boys to grieve and comfort each other.
    Barbie, ah yes, “Better than Before”. It may be time for me to re-read both.
    Lisa think Corey’s caring doesn’t make you feel smothered because you get why he’s doing it. The intention makes all the difference… ;}
    Kim ditto everything you said to KJ, especially “The world could learn a lot from Boy A and Boy B.”
    Debbie, now I’m craving sauerkraut and sausages… with some German hot potato salad on the side. Time to make my own Oktoberfest ;)
    Annie ((hugs)) what you and your dad are going through with your mom is so hard. Thankful for the office worker’s good sense.
    Katla safe travels to the baby blanket. Did you take a pic?
    Margaret good luck finding a painter, then send her/him to me! I loathe painting as much as I loathe vacuuming, but fortunately don’t have to loathe it as often… ;)
    Kay both my parents are gone, but your Father’s canceling his appointment sounds like my Joe. Pfaugh!
    Michele Brava for convincing yourself you needed to walk. Well done!
    Rebecca you manage to make foods I don’t like look appetizing. Eggs and tomatoes, yuck! But in your skillet, they look yummy.
    Tracey that was a long day. Hope you got paid overtime. Or is that a sore subject with your new payroll system?
    Allie, you ok?

Chose to stay home instead of running errands in the rain. Took the opportunity to make up last Friday’s missed T’ai Chi and take a first stab at SWSY, just doing the upper body exercises. Wow. Felt it immediately. This is going to be interesting. Then, to make my step goal, picked massed bagpipe band YouTube videos. More energizing than the beautiful but quiet national park hikes. Now to snooze.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: leaner/stronger/kinder than September.
    daily: sit with Joe:5, weigh/wii: 5/1/15; steps>7228=7576 vits=5, log=5, CI<CO=5, CI<250<CO=3, Tumble=5, Shadow=6, mfp=5, outside=6, up hill=6, clean 10=13.
    wkly: Sun:P, Y or W=1 , Mon:SWSY=.67 , Tue:LD=1 , Wed:TC= , PW=, Thurs: BB&B=, Fri:TC=, Sat:PW=1, rX x4=1.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/3: 10/10: 10/17: 10/24: 10/31:
    mnthly: board mtg= , grant=, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=3, play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Machka9
    Options
    Getting to know you question ...

What's one thing that can instantly make your day better?

Hmmmmmmmmm .... I'm having to give this one some thought!

One of the first things that springs to mind is when someone provides me with an answer I've been waiting for. For 3.5 years, hardly a day has gone by when I haven't had questions out to one or more people and I've been *patiently* waiting for an answer ... sometimes waiting for weeks or months for an answer.

It's such a huge relief when someone finally contacts me with an answer ... even if the answer isn't entirely what I wanted to hear. It usually means I can make the next decision.

M in Oz
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    B has told me that she is always unhappy with him and always unwelcoming to and about his friends

:lol: I've heard that line before! :lol:

I'm not sure what you mean. I've known B for well over a decade and through 3 girlfriends, each lasting a few years. I think he's faithful to them. For sure I've met her before at gatherings - including a few weeks ago at her family party - her mom and sister were quite friendly but again she barely said hi - he only had 2 friends there- I suppose he invited a couple of others but they declined (maybe partly in relation to unwarm welcome)?- and this time I said hi and she didn't respond - reminded me of a sullen teen or shy toddler who can be bothered to say hi. For me that's the minium, if people can't say hi back to people they are to interact with I find them not polite.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

I've been watching with interest as all the care and love that y'all show with your parents is a constant throughout this thread this month. It also gives great insight into your own lives, as you shift your own days and weeks to accommodate their needs. Quite a few of you also seem to be part of the sandwich generation, supporting adult children's needs, as well as your parents. Here's an interesting article from Senior Living.

For me, though, I was never part of that dynamic. My mother has been dead now for 22 years, and my father for more than 15. My kids came into my life when I was 49, and both were off to the military very shortly after turning 18. Corey was estranged from his mother, and his father was cared for by one of the older sisters. While our son does come for extended visits, he eventually wanders off to see what's over the hill...

My respect for all of you knows no bounds - hats off to every one of you who supports your families. Much respect.

Doctor's appointments today - while not looking forward to it, am also hoping for some definitive next steps, whatever they may be. It will be a long day--and I woke up at 2 a.m. running scenarios in my head of how these appointments will go. I know strangers will be touching me, part of the reason I'm blowing this out of proportion, and I just need to cool my jets.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

Ideally, I'd like to pack up my husband and Rhody and move near my parents so I could keep an eye on them all.

I never imaged myself as a carer. I actually figured my parents would move close to my brother at some point. But I've learned how to be a carer since my husband's accident and now I can see myself moving there to help them out.

I never had children. My husband has two, but they are grown and on their own. It's great that we've connected with his son, and fortunately there's no caring needed. :)

M in Oz
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    DEBBIE we have more than enough rain this fall.

BARBARA I hear you about the walking buddy

MACHKA at the buddhist monastery Plum Village they have official LAZY Days. Often 1 x a week. I remember some time back I used it when I was there to go to a nearby lake and buy papers and read them on the lawn in front of the lake. Some other people from the monastery showed up and I shared my papers. I think I might have bought 3 or 4! LOL!

Woosh ! I'm tired. yesterday was a long day. I went to a protest from 2 to 3 (short version). F who has been absent for 6 months, and had done almost nothing for a year,and said he is going to disappear for a month, was finally very active for a few days in making topnotch posters and posting them - and I posted the pics on line which have gone semi-viral. He -retired since Friday- had agreed to post them and was really on our backs that we were not available all day. I arrived at 2 and he and his 2 buddies were there. He criticised the sign I had made (rather than congratulating me for being the only one to have made a sign) and I had said well we never all agree on everything, to avoid an argument. He has resigned as VP since he is retired (and never there and never responds and doesn't often work collectively), and so he asked me if "I" want to get a new VP. I said sure but there is no rush. The important is that we have some humans to sign an with O it's pretty simple, he either reads signs or gives me the go ahead to sign for him since he trusts me. I didn't think this contentious, but then F just disappeared. I thought he had gone to join his union but I think he was once again upset and disappeared (rather than yelling). What a pain. We stayed a little hour with O, Y and J and then each went back to work respectively. I find noisy crowds tiring but we had to make an appearance as one union was giving us a major boost in co-conception, printing and posting the posters of which the images have gone semi-viral. (relatively speaking - 72 likes and 26 shares on Facebook in 12 hours - usually we get 10 likes max and 5 shares max)