• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    not in top shape, but will persist.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,768 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Slept pretty well,but have a little it of a headache from the flu shot.. Alfie and I are just relaxing ,I woke up before 6 ,so just trying to get my day started.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,070 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I have 5 days off!

But not entirely a break.

One of those days has 5 events on it and I have had or will have to prepare for most of them. I decided to take that day off because the logistics are going to be exhausting without going to work!

On most of the other days, however, I'm hoping to do things like ... walking, cycling, colouring, taking photos, watching DVDs and reading! :) And sleeping. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep lots too.

M in Oz

I'm barely into it and I've already done some sleeping, colouring, and I'm watching Chicago while working on some photos. :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,317 Member
    Options
    I didn’t give him the originals, we copied them. :o
    I'm pleased to have them on my phone and tablet now. <3
    I was very close to this grandfather growing up. I used to sit on his tin leg.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,317 Member
    Options
    My quote is from a song that I want played at my wake.
    "Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!"
    :p:p:p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    Favorite Quote - From the Princess Bride. "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
  • Katla49
    Options
    Pip – I am guessing that rearranging the kitchen, repacking Bette, and making Spanish rice burned many calories. Your home is lovely. :star:

Michele – Both of my parents were chain smokers. Riding in the car with them as a child was horrible. Losing your mom at age 9 must have been devastating. My heart aches for the nine-year-old girl you were back then. :broken_heart:

Allie – We had headaches from the flu shot, too. Our next adventure in vaccinations is coming right up. We’re getting Pfizer #3 tomorrow. We want to do everything we can to be safe & disease free. We are planning a trip across the country to see our Son, DDIL, and grandson. They will be having baby #2 about the time we get there. We want to be healthy when we are there. :star:

Heather – “Enjoy yourself, it’s later than you think”—Brilliant and wise. :flowerforyou:

We are having a foggy morning. It will be a good day to stay warm inside and read a good book. :bigsmile:

Katla in foggy NW Oregon

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,768 Member
    Options
    Katla- yes I wanted to get mine all done before i went anywhere myself. So i have all my shots,I feel like Alfie lol and will wear a mask and bring hand sanitizer and lysol wipes and be uber careful..
    I have Homer over for a hours this afternoon ,only thing is Alfie is so needy and wants my constant attention..ita hard to keep them both entertained.. though Homer mostly sleeps
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options

Favorite Quote - From the Princess Bride. "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Many years ago we were shopping at the Market in Shanghai....a friend was trying to get the price way down on something....the little shop girl who spoke virtually no english looked at him and said "INCONCEIVABLE"!!

We still laugh about it today when we get together.

Okie in the TX Hill Country

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,516 Member
    Options
    Its interesting to realize just how much, out of the weekly shopping, that's (my food). Today we used all the shopping bags we have (about 6). Out of all the bags the stuff that was mine was- molasses cookies, marshmallows, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, salmon, smoked almonds, 4 smallish potatoes, and shampoo. The rest was husband and son's. I could so live in a tiny house, with a small frig, and freezer, and two cabinets.😊😁. The freezer here is semi full, and all my foods fit in the door part. What I have is a container of cooked chicken pieces, frozen beer battered fish, walnuts, chicken stock that's ice cubes, 2 chicken thighs, 2 protein pancakes, frozen berries, and Jimmy Deans sausage bits (cooked breakfast sausage bits).

My pantry area is a bit more complicated. Protein flapjack mix, powdered sugar, peanut butter, honey, hollandaise sauce packets, olives, diced tomatoes, cannellini beans, bagel chips, wasa crisps, molasses cookies, bag of pricy marshmellows, and smoked almonds. That's all my foods.

In my area of the fridge I have grapefruit segment cups, sharp cheddar, pepper jack cheese, cottage cheese, hummus individual cups, cucumber, bacon drippings, Salmon, butter. Oh yes and shiitake sesame and extra blue cheese dressings.

While my husband eats more packaged items, mine are packaged that turn into other stuff. Its been more than a year since I have eaten a TV dinner. I call that appetite correction! I used to buy Lean Cuisine all the time.

How are your pantry, frig, freezer organized?
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

• Katla49
    Options
    ((Rita))) - You are in a challenging situation. I hope the book you are reading gives you good ideas and insight for dealing with your DH. :heart:

Rebecca – You live in a loving extended family situation, and I think you are lucky for that. On the other hand, providing food that works for each family member takes careful planning and shopping. I think you are doing amazingly well. WTG!!!.

We started the day in fog but it is now sunny and lovely. I have filled the hummingbird feeders with sugar water and they are drinking it down.

Katla

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    RITA thans! I wonder if other things might replace the alcohol cBD or even full fledged marijuana (if it's legal in your state... or some other calming things - medial or alternative... some are maybe not too strong...?)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,648 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Hello all :smile: I've been on mfp before on and off. Over the summer both my husb and myself had stents put in which snowballed dietary changes. He quit smoking and is withdrawing still. I'm working on portion control and mentally craving anything sweet.

Started my winter garden and begun to rehab a steamer trunk that have had in the garage for the last 20 years.

pantry, frig, freezer organized? Out kitchen was redone over pandemic and is now significantly larger than before. Many more cabinets. In the pantry, it's by useage - one shelf w/grains (oatmeal, quinoa, rice), another w/things I use for baking, canned goods. Husb had complaint that could never find anything (he has a thing about anything looking cluttered) so trying to simplify contents has been an issue. We plan?? to move out of state in 3 years so can't make up my mind about all my good china, dishes which takes up significant space in these cupboards and is rarely used.

Enjoy the weekend!
    Linda in L.A.