Coronavirus prep

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    Have seen some interesting questions regarding why US vax/testing mandates while impacting federal workers, workers with over 100 employees they do not cover welfare or SNAP recipients. Have not really found any good reason why this isn't on the table.

It's a shame, since in the US the lower income population makes up a large unvaxed demographic.

It is sad but typically that demographic in the USA is underserved when it comes to physical and mental health issues.

Sadly in my 6 state region this demographic seems suceptable to social media and local fear factors that are band MFP subjects.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,883 Member
    My partner got his Pfizer booster Friday and was slammed with fatigue for about 12 hours Saturday. His arm was sore to the touch. I think he had more soreness and a little less fatigue with the previous two shots.

My mom had Moderna, which I understand from a conversation (have not fact checked) lasts longer and the booster is not needed as soon as for Pfizer (?)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited October 2021
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    My partner got his Pfizer booster Friday and was slammed with fatigue for about 12 hours Saturday. His arm was sore to the touch. I think he had more soreness and a little less fatigue with the previous two shots.

My mom had Moderna, which I understand from a conversation (have not fact checked) lasts longer and the booster is not needed as soon as for Pfizer (?)

Yes on Moderna. Each shot is 100 mg whereas Pfizer is 30 mg each. Israel was a pure Pfizer nation hence a massive data source. I think mg is the correct unit of measurement. When Moderna booster is needed their CEO said it may be just 50 mg.
  • lokihen
    lokihen Posts: 382 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Why was this flagged for abuse?

I haven't heard anything about when Moderna boosters will be available.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    edited October 2021
    Just want to share a personal experience with Covid and the vaccine:
    I’m 28, F, healthy BMI, active and generally healthy. I had Covid in January, 2021…I was pretty sick for 1-2 weeks but definitely didn’t need medical attention. I’ve felt sicker before. (Some symptoms were weird though, it was definitely a rollercoaster of sorts where one symptom would resolve and another would begin. Also, 9 months later my taste/smell are still NOT the same). Recovered fine (I thought).
    Once I was able to (April 2021) I received my first dose of Moderna. I was SUPER SICK for a day or two, like at least as sick as I felt when I had Covid if not worse. I was surprised (my logic had been that since I’d had Covid already the vaccine wouldn’t really have any symptoms; apparently the opposite is true). But I felt better after after a few days.
    In May I had the second shot…again felt terrible but it passed much more quickly this time.
    However, not long after getting the second vaccine I started having some symptoms that were kind of concerning. My heart would start pounding to the point where I felt like I was going to blackout, and I’d get dizzy and need to put my head down. These symptoms have progressed to where I’d wake up in the middle of the night with my heart racing and pounding, with actual pain in my chest. Needless to say I’ve now stopped drinking almost all caffeine (prior to this I used to be able to drink 4-5 cups of coffee a day with no negative effects). If I have just a cup I feel like I might have an actual heart attack. So I’m honestly very concerned.
    It’s would be impossible to say at this point whether this is due to having had Covid, or the vaccine, or some combination of both… but I just want to share this because beforehand I was very frustrated with the “vaccine hesitant,” but honestly now that on a daily basis I feel like my heart might arrest I think I’ve changed positions and am a little more understanding of those who are still a little hesitant (due to health concerns, not political reasons, etc.)
    Anyway I’ve been following this thread for awhile and just wanted to share a personal
    account. I’m trying to get an appointment with a GP so I can get this checked out asap.

You started to experience these additional symptoms in May or not long after? But is is only now you want it checked out ASAP? Or did I misunderstand?