WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,260 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is something she hasn't told us, as she is keeping us up to date on her health issues and investigations. She has been through this before with the not wanting to 'lose touch' thing. She is the family go-between and the visitor to all the old relatives. Very commendable. She loves to rush about seeing people. Loves big get-togethers. I'm very fond of her, but I am the opposite socially.
    The main problem is that it is upsetting DH. He doesn't even want to discuss it. I don’t feel it is my place to intervene. He always gets very upset when she misunderstands some issue, which she is inclined to do. This kind of thing has happened before.
    When I mention to DH that he might like to go and see her by himself he gets very upset. (I often see my family members by myself). The dynamic between them is loving but sensitive. He was adopted and she and her brother are his adoptive parents' natural children. DH is not someone who feels the need to contact people often. I usually have to make the first move, but I don't like to take over.

We had a lovely visit with them in July, which feels like yesterday to us. I'm happy to meet up in a month or so.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,580 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 49min 32sec, 93elev, 2.93ap, 82ahr, 99mhr, 5.40mi= 525c
    Strava app= 652c
    Walk to gym- 11.39min, .53mi= 51c
    Strava app= 65c
    Treadmill jog- 1hr 42sec, 2mi at 5.7sp, 2mi at 5.9sp, 1mi at 6.1sp, 1/2mi at 6.3sp, 1/4mi at 6.5sp, 1/4mi at 6.7sp, 10.07min mi, 148ahr, 183mhr, 6mi= 603c
    Walk gym to home- 11.39min, .54mi= 59c
    Strava app= 65c

Total cal 1238, increased the run to 6miles, skipped spinning
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,933 Member
    Options
    Athena is a picky eater, but wad addicted to Mandarin oranges, and cherry tomatoes! They had their refrigerator organized so all of her snack food she could reach. String cheese, yogurt drinks, those squeezable bottles with applesauce of some sort!😂😂. Its just those pesky protein items she never wanted to eat.
    Rebecca

I'm with Athena ... my protein numbers are always low. But cheese and yogurt have some protein. :)

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Athena is a picky eater, but wad addicted to Mandarin oranges, and cherry tomatoes! They had their refrigerator organized so all of her snack food she could reach. String cheese, yogurt drinks, those squeezable bottles with applesauce of some sort!😂😂. Its just those pesky protein items she never wanted to eat.
    Rebecca

I'm with Athena ... my protein numbers are always low. But cheese and yogurt have some protein. :)

Yeah, luckily neither daughter in law nor son is much concerned about it. Gone are the days of making a child sit until they finished this or that. They let her have a say in what she wants. The reason for putting all of her options down at her eye level in their refrigerator. A brilliant idea to say the least.👍💖
    Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,730 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Ok have any of you flown in the last few months,Rori? Mary?
    Im having kittens wondering if I need a negative Covid test before boarding.. I have no symptoms ,ive had the booster. But im in the window now that if I do need one the rapid test what i need and i have been online looking and no one has appointments..
    Trudy flew to see her sister in August and didnt need it,but I want all my Ts crossed and Is dotted.. well ,im going to the dr anyway.. and ill see if I can find a walk in on the waynover to my hairdresser tomorrow
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,062 Member
    Options
    Allie look at the airline web site.

Annie in Delaware
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Ok have any of you flown in the last few months,Rori? Mary?
    Im having kittens wondering if I need a negative Covid test before boarding.. I have no symptoms ,ive had the booster. But im in the window now that if I do need one the rapid test what i need and i have been online looking and no one has appointments..
    Trudy flew to see her sister in August and didnt need it,but I want all my Ts crossed and Is dotted.. well ,im going to the dr anyway.. and ill see if I can find a walk in on the waynover to my hairdresser tomorrow

At time of writing, you don't need one if you're staying within the U.S. (with the exception of maybe Hawaii).

Tina in CA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,361 Member
    Options
    Worked today. Bowling this afternoon. Maybe when I get home from bowling I can go for a walk. Ceramics tonight. Work tomorrow then Vince has his allergy shot.

Rori – sounds like you had a wonderful time. Wonderful to win, too. We used to live in Stroudsburg. Yes, right around now is the peak time for the colors. Did you get to see the hot air balloons?

Barbie – happy birthday to Jake! Well, belated by the time I saw your post, but the wishes are the same

When I first started at BK I was told that you needed to wear black pants. Today I saw people (manager included, and if anyone should be setting an example it should be the manager) wearing blue jeans, not even black. So I’m going to wear black jeans. Also, the hat keeps falling off me, I guess my head is too small or something. Anyway, most people I see don’t wear a hat so since I’m just in the back, customers really don’t see me, I’m just going to keep it in my car and not wear it inside. I do plan to at least rinse out my shirt every day and use some fabric softener just to get rid of the BK smell.

Barbara – “stirrup pants” I just couldn’t think of the name of them! Thanks.

KJ – you know what they say “what’s old is new again”. Miguel is just adorable

Tracey – I almost never use the “hug” button on here or for that matter any of the other buttons for the main reason that I might hit the wrong button inadvertently. Also, the person can’t see who “liked” or “hugged”

Beth – Corelleware doesn’t break – it SHATTERS. Vince dropped a plate on a tile floor once and that shattered. Another time Jess broke a bowl while she was at college. Really, in over 40 years, those are the only two breakages.

Went bowling then took a walk around the block. Got in almost 10,000 steps today. Ceramics tonight.

Night everyone

Michele NC
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,765 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - I read an article not to long ago that said they believe part of the obesity issues in our age group is that we were forced to finish everything on our plate.
    The theory behind it was in previous generations, food was more scarce so you didn’t waste. In our generation food (for most of us) was more abundant. I don’t know how true it all is, but our daughter does the same as your son and DIL when it comes to feeding the kids.

Tracey
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Yyyyy
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,944 Member
    Options
    :) I have been reading news articles and all your comments about empty shelves in the stores and thought how I haven't noticed empty shelves in the stores and then I realized that the last time I was in Costco was in August and the last time I was in the grocery store was November 2020. On my last grocery order there several items out of stock.

:) I just got back from my evening walk. I walked enough so my pedometer would register over 10,000 steps.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    With all of our modern conveniences, life should easier, not more overwhelming........ just a stray thought as i set up the coffee pot for tomorrow morning.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Zzzzz
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - I read an article not to long ago that said they believe part of the obesity issues in our age group is that we were forced to finish everything on our plate.
    The theory behind it was in previous generations, food was more scarce so you didn’t waste. In our generation food (for most of us) was more abundant. I don’t know how true it all is, but our daughter does the same as your son and DIL when it comes to feeding the kids.

Tracey

I truly believe that kids are more in tune their bodies needs than we are as adults. We eat because its dinner time, or eat because we don't want to hurt the cooks feelings etc. I remember my youngest son Owain would be really picky eater, then suddenly out of the blue eat two bananas back to back. I'd think, well his potassium must be low hmm. I have learned from eating as an intermittent faster, that being hungry isn't an emergency. I will survive! Lol!
    Rebecca
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Rebecca! ❤😴
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,843 Member
    Options
    <3