Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    10-1 7k slow
    10-2 7k sleasy (between slow and easy)
    10-3 7k slow
    10-4 rest
    10-5 7k measy (between moderate and easy)
    10-6 6k slow
    10-7 rest
    10-8 7k slow
    10-9 7k easy
    10-10 7k moderate
    10-11 rest
    10-12 7k slow

October Total: 62k
    October Goal: 150k

Mostly cloudy, low 60s F, and a nice breeze from the south today. Thought I heard a toad trilling -- if so, won't hear it again until late April or early May,

@katharmonic Those are indeed pink.

@quilteryoyo Hope your visit to the chiropractor goes well.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)

2021 Races:

6/26 Direction Up 5k, Solon, OH 31:48 chip; 31:59 Garmin; 53d overall; 2d male 65 and over
    7/17 Run of the Ox 5k, Mantua, OH 32:19 Garmin; 44th overall; 3d place male 60 and over
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    So we talked about shirts - how does everyone feel about shoe colors?

That bright pink isn't my thing personally, although I do like the shoes. I'm more a blue shoe kinda person, but really it's more about the price for me. I've even bought men's shoes on sale and didn't notice a difference in fit.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    So we talked about shirts - how does everyone feel about shoe colors?

That bright pink isn't my thing personally, although I do like the shoes. I'm more a blue shoe kinda person, but really it's more about the price for me. I've even bought men's shoes on sale and didn't notice a difference in fit.

I tend to buy what's cheapest in the shoes that work for me (Saucony ride or guide) and it's usually the awful colors on amazon that are left over from the last season. This season there's a lot of weird muted flesh tones which are just bleh... but hey, I'm cheap. LOL. I will note I'm a fan of the bright pink/orange/yellow from a utility stand point (and much of my running gear is bright) because I run in wooded areas in an area inhabited by a lot of hunters so you know... visibility is key. LOL. If all the shoes all the same price, I go with blue or black. I'm pretty much a blue girl all around, but a nice bright pink every now and then does liven the mood and potentially keep me from looking like a deer. LOL.

@katharmonic - LOVE those shoes!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I guess I tend towards blue shoes. I prefer to have different colors per pair since I stick with Brooks Glycerin to help me easily rotate through them. Grey and blacks tend to be the others I rotate through as those 3 are pretty much in every generation. I have no issue with bright colors, and for men's Brooks those brighter colors tend to be the highlights on the blue, black and grey models in most years.
  • CarsonSurfs
    CarsonSurfs Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Rest day for me.

I don't care much about the color of the shoes. Having two different colors makes them easier to rotate, but I have also marked the opening in the bottom with a sharpie so I can tell the difference between two pair of the same color. I keep track of the mileage on RunningAhead.com so I know when to retire them. Like others have stated, I like to buy them on sale after the new model comes out. I've been running in Mizuno Wave Riders since they were model 11...they are now model 24. I have also been known to buy up to 4 pair at a time if the price is right. I have really good luck with holabirdsports.com in Baltimore.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Rest day for me also. I did do a weighted workout before work this morning and managed a 3 mile walk at lunch so let's say an active rest day.

I don't have a strong preference for shoe color. I wear a wide width and the selection is usually limited to just a couple of the colors in each model. The last pair of Brooks I purchased were at an expo and the Brooks rep had me trying on men's shoes because she didn't think they had any wide in stock. She mentioned that the colors for men's shoes would be more limited. Turns out she did have women's in the wide width so I got a pair of those. I do prefer a colorful pair over basic black though.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Shoe color is not important to me, either. Sale price rules the roost.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,981 Member
    Options
    Thanks @katharmonic . Glad you had a nice run. Love the bright shoes.

Nice going @Orphia!

@johnisrunning You are going to kill that 5K on Saturday!

I would love to have brightly colored shoes, but seems the only Brooks Adreneline's I can find in my size are a grey/black combination. Sometimes they have bright highlights, but not often. I guess they think bright colors would make a big foot look bigger....I don't know.

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Keep an eye on it @polskagirl01 and remember that if it is a strained muscle it can come back relatively quickly given proper time to heal preventing too much loss in the whole cardio category. Sounds like the issue is in the middle of the muscle which (in a way) is good news compared to towards the ends of the muscle. Hoping for the best.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    October total: 26.4/80 miles

10/1: 10 miles
    10/4: 3.1 miles
    10/6: 5 miles
    10/7: 3.1 miles
    10/12: 5.2 miles

Posting 2 runs. Towards the end of last week I “raced” a 5k since I wasn’t doing my weekend long run due to traveling. It was my first effort at speed work since last winter/early spring. While it wasn’t as fast I ran several months ago, it was a nice uptick in pace and I averaged a 9:25 min/mile. It felt good to really push and try to run fast. Now I feel like I have a benchmark to measure my upcoming speed work by.
    Over the weekend I didn’t run at all and had a hard time getting back on schedule Monday. So, I went for a walk instead of running but I woke up as usual this morning and did my planned 5 mile run. My plan is all mixed around this week so I can get my long run in before the weekend. My husband and I are headed to our other house to do yard work and our main project of finishing out the well house before winter hits. I didn’t want to work in an 11 miler on top of that, so I am switching runs around to make it work. So, lots of stretching and rolling today to prep for a midweek long run.

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 hope your leg is okay! It does sound promising that it seems better already so maybe some rest is all you need. Ouch, though.

I do like colorful shoes and brighter the color the better. I don't like pastels very well. But I absolutely hate white or black shoes. I can't get over how they look to me - like hospital shoes or orthopedics or something. I bought some white ones with light gray details a couple of pairs ago because they were cheaper and I could barely wear them.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,981 Member
    Options
    Oh no @polskagirl01 ! I hope it feels a lot better in the morning!

Thanks @martaindale ! Nice running! I hope you figure out your schedule so you can get your long run in.

• marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 Hope your leg feels better soon!

I like bright shoe colors. I have had tie-dye shoes and green plaid shoes. The crazier, the better. I do try to get them on sale when I can.

No run today. I walked on the indoor track at the gym for 1.6 miles before my Pump class.