WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    Tracey I would love to see your ornaments that you and your daughter made :) Ember's eyes you've got to fall in love with her!
    Kim I really love my Corelle. I have a set of white with black squares around the edge. I bought a set of four bowls at a Goodwill like the ones you have because they were larger than a cereal bowl.

<3 Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Allie you don't have to show a negative test to fly. Looks like you're all set to go! My sister and her DH fly all the time. You just wear a mask inside and on the plane. I'm so excited for you!

<3 Mary from Minnesota/ Arizona
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,899 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have finally caught up reading again. Like,Julie, I am just feeling mentally exhausted. It is hard to think and even harder to do. I have and continue to learn and be inspired by you all. Machka's example to get off the games on my phone and color. Michele's example of exercise. Rebecca's wonderful food choices. Those are the ones my tired brain is thinking of. I love the color charts for new/better habits. Some days it is even hard for me to brush my teeth (when not working). I know what to do...water, exercise, relax, fresh foods, sleep, vitamins. I need to make me a priority, but I am so tired. If I think hard about it, I think I need my DH to go away for a couple of weekends. I need some "me" time. I really miss when he hunted in KY and was gone for several weekends. If I say I need some me time, he is good at leaving me alone, but it isn't quite the same. I need to get my head and body straightened up. Too many people depend on me. Right now I have a friend in the hospital being treated for blood clots in her lungs. Another that just finished chemo for lung cancer, but is back in hospital with kidney failure. Work orders trying to get done, but with all the shortages, it is hard to plan. If we don't have equipment to sell or parts to fix, then we won't be in business very long. If we don't get some competent employees, we also won't be able to maintain. It is overwhelming! I miss my friends and family. I miss relaxing weekends. We were suppose to have friends visiting this weekend, so I scheduled us off on Saturday. This will give us a two day weekend. They had to cancel, but I didn't change our day off. Not sure what DH is going to want to do, but I haven't mentioned a word to my Sister in law about the change in plans. Moving on.......

<3
    Kylia in OH where it can't decide if it is summer or fall

Sometimes you just need to be "selfish" and look after yourself first.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Tracey – I almost never use the “hug” button on here or for that matter any of the other buttons for the main reason that I might hit the wrong button inadvertently. Also, the person can’t see who “liked” or “hugged”

Michele NC

When using the phone, the disagree button is a bit easier to click by mistake.

However, when using a laptop, it's easy to click the correct ones.

I click Insightful, Inspiring, Like and Hug here all the time. I especially like the Insightful and Inspiring "buttons". :)

Machka in Oz

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,494 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP dogs to powerline, practice WBW, DM, SWTD, reviewed SL, started learning the right GDLL.
    Bonus: 1 load laundry.
    Just one thing: finished watching “Corrina, Corrina” halfway done with the long overdue library DVD. Prepped 4 terra cotta pots with pea gravel and cactus mix for transplanting aloes.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, practice WBW, DM, SWTD, SL, learn the right GDLL, backup files, then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, text C, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=15 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=15 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins pilates, yoga or wii balance games.
    October
    11: Avoid blaming yourself or others. Find a helpful way forward. Keep tryin’
    12: Look out for positive news and reasons to be cheerful today. https://youtu.be/XmcSh0GdPlc

Earlier this week I harvested the seed pods from the bolted mixed mustards. Popping the seeds out of the pods and straining them out from the stems and chaff made me think about how labor intensive grain production was in the pre-mechanized day. Harvesting, threshing, winnowing, all such a lot of hard work. Grateful today for living in these times, as troubling as they can be.

Yesterday, really enjoyed watching “Corinna, Corinna” a Jessie Nelson film with Whoopi Goldberg, Ray Liotta and Tina Majorino. When I’m back in the library’s good graces, I’ll look for other Jessie Nelson films.

Lisa, what you said about “Just in Time.” Also, containerization made transportation cheap. That wiped out geographical economic advantages, encouraged corporations to manufacture where labor was cheapest and regulation least. The economic consequences of the pandemic will be long term, I fear.
    KJ :love: Miguelito’s smile!
    Margaret hope your furnace bid is reasonable and the repairer can schedule the fix quickly!
    Machka happy to hear of your relaxing weekend. Cafe in a blooming pear orchard, delightful! Stunning pics. Hmm, I thought the 4 basic food groups were sweet, salt, fat and hooch. :naughty:
    Tracey would be happy to see manufacturing reborn here. Afraid the components and expertise have all been outsourced overseas. :love: Ember. Looks like she’s smiling ;)
    Tina I just toss it back in the dryer. For severe cases, a spritz of Downy’s wrinkle relaxer is all it gets. That having been said, I just washed Joe’s Harley Davidson scarf, and I suspect he’ll want it pressed. ;}
    Julie con VERY gratulations on the writing progress. Really glad to hear you’re getting nurse daily to change that bandage and inspect the wound. What an awkward place.
    Rebecca I always thought Athena would favor Joaquin ;) if Karen in VA’s Olivia hasn’t already corralled him.
    Beth you’re right about the deadly sharp glass shards when Corelle breaks. Never had a tile floor but once dropped a Corelle dish on linoleum just exactly right so it landed on its edge. It exploded.
    Heather, I was thinking what Tina and Kim suggest bout SIL’s urgency. Reading further, I think you’re wise to respect DH’s space and decisions.
    Katla if I had to fly, I’d get some doTerra OnGuard essential oil. A few drops on skin as prophylactic, a few drops on a wipe to sanitize the air vents and touchable surfaces. If no doTerra contacts, essential thyme oil is antiviral… ;)
    Linda in LA what kind of dog?
    Michele you only get one uniform shirt from BK? Eeeuuuwww.
    Kylia ((hugs)) What Rebecca said. ((hugs))
    Heather, love your meme for Kylia. Good reminder for all of us.

The bear knocked over our garbage can last night, but the nail strip Joe bound to the top deterred it from opening the can and dragging the trash into the woods. Joe wanted to chainsaw both rhodies, the tan oak and the Port Orford sprout to the ground, so he’d have a clear line of sight to the drive, garbage can and woodpile. I invested 3 hours cutting the second rhodie back severely. Hoping I didn’t kill it and that it will bloom again someday. Also hoping the wild fuchsia that has blossomed under the rhodie’s shelter will survive. It has a little black berry on it that almost looks like a huckleberry. Never noticed fuchsia fruit before. Really hoping Joe can see through well enough to spare the other rhodie and cedar sprout. Will offer to sacrifice the tan oak if necessary. He also complained about the stinky stuff he brushes against to get into the van. Yep, it’s the mint that took over the county. Fortunately the weather (55, calm and sunny) is perfect for sweaty garden tasks.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: leaner/stronger/kinder than September.
    daily: sit with Joe:10, weigh/wii: 10/1/31; steps>7228=7295 vits=10, log=10, CI<CO=10, CI<250<CO=6, Tumble=9, Shadow=13, mfp=10, outside=13, up hill=12, clean 10=13.
    wkly: Sun:P, Y or W=2, Mon:SWSY=.67 , Tue:LD=1 , Wed:TC=1.87 , PW=2, Thurs: BB&B=1, Fri:TC=1, Sat:PW=2, rX x4=2.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/3:141.3 10/10:141.8 :astonished: 10/17: 10/24: 10/31:
    mnthly: board mtg= , grant=, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=5, play=31 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,710 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Sheesh honestly im having a time of it
    I had a heck of a time going to sleep and had to use the full face mask for the Cpap and even then I tossed and turned and got about 4.5 hrs sleep and now have been awake since 1 am.. my mind full of things of course.. wondering what the heck is going on with me,I will go to CVS and see if I can get a Covid Rapid test done .I know I dont have it ..but want to make sure and will go to the Dr at 10 am anyway.im wondering if for the last 3 months or so its been a bit of anxiety that has me feeling the way I do and cant sleep sort of bogged down.. will ask the Dr tomorrow.. of course I have all this stuff running through my head like oh it could be Pneumonia it could be this or that,and then i just cant settle back down Ugh....
    Well only saving grace today is I have a hair appointment...
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Just popped in before moving on to next task. I have done the dishes and picked up kitchen. Trash is out and ready to go into truck. I cleared out my makeup drawer. I haven't worn any of it in 3 years so probably should invest in fresh if I decide to wear it. Thank you for allowing me to speak and for offering support. I LOVE you all!

Allie- Anxiety sucks! It interrupts our ability to sleep and think clearly. You are doing so well, but, like me, we need to get out of our own heads sometimes. You are enjoying life as you should! Hugs!

Barbara - Bears in trash-yikes! In Tennessee, they use metal cages with latches to discourage the bears from the trash. Also make sure to leave no food or trash in vehicles and lock them. That would be scary to head to the car and encounter a bear.

HeatherUK- I love when the sunrise turns things orange in the Fall. Nice view!

Off to next task.
    Have a great day!
    <3
    Kylia in Ohio feeling the support of all my Ladies!
  • Machka9
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Getting to Know You Question

Have your ever disliked something and then changed your mind?

One for me would be fish. I did NOT like anything remotely fishy/seafood-y growing up.

However, I started to like tuna at some point and didn't mind tuna sandwiches. Then, when I went to the UK for the first time in 2002, I had fish and chips, and liked it!! Who would have thought! In 2003, I had some sort of baked salmon at the end of a bicycle ride in Canada, which was pretty good. And a bit later in 2003, I was in France and was presented with two choices: roast beef or salmon. My first thought was, fish - no, and I said roast beef. Then I suddenly realised where I was and that the roast beef would be led up to the table in the form of a slightly sunburned cow, and quickly ordered the salmon. It was good. And it was the right choice!

I've kind of gone off tuna but still love fish and chips.

I'm trying to think of an example of something I disliked that isn't food. Music - can't think of anything I disliked and like now. I like a lot of music. Art? TV shows? Sports? Computers - I was apathetic toward them but like them now.

Math! I really didn't like it in high school but I've made peace with math and don't mind it at all now.

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,225 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Oh fooey! :s

We were scheduled to pick up Bea from school today, so I had organised my day around that. I had even roasted the cauliflower yesterday so we could just microwave it when we got in.
    Got a text at lunchtime from my son to say that Bea has a heavy cold, so they have kept her home. They are giving her and Max PCR tests. Max has covid cases in his class. They want to be sure before the kids come to us at the weekend for a sleepover for DH's birthday.
    Well, I'm glad they are being careful, but I wish they had told us earlier. We were all prepared and set to go.
    We will miss them.

Finished my text editing today. I'm sure there are still loads of typos and mistakes, but you have to just leave it at some point. I still have to fiddle with the margins as the process has changed from last time I did it. I can’t believe it is three and a half years since the first volume of the memoirs! :o Now you do the Kindle edition first and then the paperback. Plus their software has improved.
    I now have to write a blurb, epilogue, potted bio etc. Help!

It's getting there.

Off to the pharmacy this pm, plus a bit of food shopping. Missing the kids already! :'(

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,558 Member
    Options
    Morning peeps
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I am in a foul mood today. Nothing big happened. I was a little resistant to my sister's visit, seeing as she treats me like the help, and she is bringing a toddler.

The worse thing is that I had a fun chat with a guy on a dating site, but then he unfriended me because I wouldn't go meet him at a hotel at night. No great loss, right? But I still feel rejected. There doesn't seem to be plenty of fish in my sea since the pandemic. This was the first candidate in over a month. Online dating is grueling.

I skipped my Buddhist group yesterday, and the leader reached out to check on me. That was nice, except that I am trying to distance myself from the group. It isn't working.

So today I ought to call the dentist, do flea and tick for Teddy, and go buy groceries for the visit. Tomorrow is vacuum the basement, wash towels, and touch up the bathroom. And put a chicken in the oven for dinner. It would be easier if they had bothered to tell me their arrival time.

See? Foul mood. I guess the adult thing to do is ask.

Grumpy Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    Up when the sun got up this morning. Pretty, but a bit head jarring, as I am still sleepy. But my doctors appointment is this morning. Have my little grocery list of questions to ask him. Hopefully I won't come off as a hypochondriac, but as a person who just wishes to be proactive with her health. Wish me luck! Lol!

Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,225 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    DH went out to find petrol. He found some!!!! :D
    So he went for a drive up to Devil's Dy ke. Had a walk. Lots of hangliders.
    cl8kn2f1oi9k.jpg
    His younger daughter rang while he was out. She has been to see her sister in France.
    Then he told me he has got his covid booster text. The appointment is afternoon on his birthday! I told him he wouldn't get a reaction until the following day, so he might as well get it done. I think we will go out for a pizza for early dinner. :D
    My text hasn't arrived yet, but I am 4 years younger than him. Jealous.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labours of a spasmodic Hercules.

–ANTHONY TROLLOPE
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    Barbara ... thanks for the Random Acts of Kindness video ... great way to start my day.

Annie ... that last online guy was a jerk! Seriously ... meet you at a hotel at night?? I would have unfriended him in a heartbeat.

Allie ... hope all your concerns are addressed and you can relax a little bit ...

Finally felt like I could manage a full shower today. Still not allowed to stand on the broken leg (only 25% of body weight), so I used a shower chair. Feel so much better. Sponge baths ... well my grandma had a vulgar name for them ... let's just leave it at that! :D

Another beautiful day in western NY.
    Beth near Buffalo
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    1756773k3idbu3mjk.gif