October 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options
    @garygse You don't even look tired in those pictures. Congrats again!

@skippygirlsmom Hope work and the stress calm down soon. Glad you can get up early and get your runs in. I'm impressed.

@martaindale Nice run. My toes would have been white prunes too. :lol: Again, I like reading your review of the gels. I need to look into getting something different and trying them and you give me some great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks @kgirlhart So glad you had a great run today! They feel so good after a couple that were...well, not so good.

@katharmonic Sounds like we are getting the same weather this weekend...cold and rainy. Glad you were able to run in great weather this afternoon.

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    Tramboman wrote: »
    I heard Danica Patrick didn't think those ending hills were so bad....
    Fun fact: I can now tell people that I'm officially faster than Danica Patrick. 😄

On foot...
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart, @katharmonic, @quilteryoyo Thanks again guys!

garygse wrote: »
    I heard Danica Patrick didn't think those ending hills were so bad....
    Fun fact: I can now tell people that I'm officially faster than Danica Patrick. 😄

On foot...
    Well I'm not gonna let a minor detail like that get in the way of a good fun fact. 😄

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @Teresa502 - I entered one of those giveaways back in spring or early summer, where you have to follow them on IG and Facebook and they do a drawing. I had never won anything before and rarely enter those anymore. Since I pretty much only run in Topo's I figured I might as well enter. I've been waiting for the new models to come out to order my free pair!
    @rheddmobile - I was going to suggest that you could probably opt out of the text messages for your mom, but then they would probably call or email her instead.
    @garygse - love that you are faster than Danica Patrick 😂 hope your time makes the cut for next year. Will it be back to April again?

Sounds like many of you are having cold and rainy weather this weekend, well we are going to be over 90F again with high winds and very low humidity (under 10%). Fire alerts, what we call red flag warnings, are pretty much everywhere. The good news is it should cool down again next week. I hope so, I have really been enjoying the cool mornings!

I think we are supposed to be 90s this weekend too. This week has been perfect!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    10-1 7k slow
    10-2 7k sleasy (between slow and easy)
    10-3 7k slow
    10-4 rest
    10-5 7k measy (between moderate and easy)
    10-6 6k slow
    10-7 rest
    10-8 7k slow
    10-9 7k easy
    10-10 7k moderate
    10-11 rest
    10-12 7k slow
    10-13 7k slow
    10-14 rest
    10-15 7k slow

October Total: 76k
    October Goal: 150k

Cloudy, mid 60s F and humid today. Had no speed whatsoever.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)

2021 Races:

6/26 Direction Up 5k, Solon, OH 31:48 chip; 31:59 Garmin; 53d overall; 2d male 65 and over
    7/17 Run of the Ox 5k, Mantua, OH 32:19 Garmin; 44th overall; 3d place male 60 and over
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    @sweetdaisy13 That is so scary! It's tough to not know why things happen. Hopefully it will never happen again!
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thank you @martaindale, yes, I'm hoping it's just a one-off and I didn't realise that stress can manifest itself in so many different ways. But I feel Ok in myself now.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    @teresa502 aww, what an adorable kitty! Thank you for saving it, even if you had to abort your run. I'm sure people are in love and he/she will have a good home immediately.
    My friend who took it to work with her works at a healthcare facility. She said everyone there loved and petted on it all day. She sent me pictures of it throughout the day. They sectioned off an office for it to roam around in when it wasn't being held, eating or sleeping. Their radiologist who has two small children took it home with him and he reported this morning that it had a great night and is headed to the vet for a check-up today.

I missed the kitty post the first time, didn’t see the spoiler. So happy you saved a kitty!